3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
antono 05.02.20 07:18 pm

Previous parts required? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello!
I've heard about the franchise of the Witcher, and I want to play this game, but in any way hands did not reach. Now I started reading the book, and even more want to see what's in the game.
Primarily I'm interested in the story. Tell me whether to play in the third part, or for introduction into the plot of the passage of the first of the two necessary? Just no particular desire to play the game 11 years ago.
26 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kodval 05.02.20

antono
Well, maybe not really necessary, but some of the characters and references to events of the previous parts, you will not understand :)

K
Kosh13 05.02.20

The first part is probably not so mandatory. There's a whole batch starts. But the second better to pass. There and the plot is more advanced and looks and plays is still very fresh.

R
Rolemanser 05.02.20

antono
You're weird, so books 28 years ago you read, and games 11 years old do not want to play...

s
sademus 05.02.20

For a full understanding of the plot - required all three parts

E
EMPs 05.02.20

antono
as already mentioned in one of the blogs, in the third you can play without the first two parts (what about her in the negative). With books, the same story, strong binding to any one nor the other will not. Just some of the events will not know in advance, well and characters respectively, although this is not really a hindrance

l
legusor 05.02.20

the game story are not connected. to play any part.

T
Tim7472 05.02.20

Second, preferably although would quickly run to know what the game world is at war and to make personal connections with the Lodge of sorceresses.

S
SemyStall 05.02.20

All 3 parts in a row you have to play. And grafodrochery to part 3 go to the forest.

J
Jacob Temple 05.02.20

Rolemanser
The book, whether it is at least a century ago, is not changing - the same letters on the same paper. And to see a picture of the last, if not last generation, not every master. Whatever raskrutki was not gameplay. For example, I don't doubt that the first two parts of Fallout is cool in the extreme, but force yourself to go through them and could not. For one, the dialogue is very outdated.

R
Rolemanser 05.02.20

Jacob Temple
All can be, but yeah, I can pluck the eyes right now, but you get used to it and not so scary.

J
Jacob Temple 05.02.20

antono
If not very disgusted by the pictures, come first. The gameplay in the first that the second part is not much inferior to the latter. And the plot is very good and interesting. As for me, all three parts are not weakly connected. The protagonists wander from game to game and their fates are closely intertwined.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.02.20

in General no tou. but without the second part will not be quite immediately clear what wmre happened and why
well, there is no all parts of some characters are unknown

P
Pro100 Endryu 05.02.20

antono
Lose sight of a lot of references and characters, the same Vernon Roche or Taler. I even before the release of the third part is interested in the universe and started with the first part... and then I lost 70 hours. Didn't like fantasy, elves, magic, and then just couldn't put it down. Don't be intimidated graphics and boring gameplay - the story here is great and I would even say the best in the series. Well, at least we should start at least with the second part.

B
Boogie___man 05.02.20

Definitely all to play. Otherwise, about the Professor and Shani will not be clear in the third part. Also it is not clear what the hell Geralt at the court Foltesta in the second part, and who are the knights of the flaming rose in the second part in the last act. And where the hole in the wall Caer Morhen without the first part, too difficult to understand. Yes, will tell you everything orally or write the note, but it's not. I like the game a lot of nuances, and skip the first Witcher, I do not recommend.

Z
ZanVan 05.02.20

XS well, about 11 years ago - all three parts are excellent and interesting, and about the graphics of Fallout 1-2, which came in the 97-98 year, on the head better than their legacy of shell in a beautiful wrapper)

K
Kovboy belomor 05.02.20

antono
I would advise you to go through all the graphics is pleasant all year,well, a lot of jokes in the first part,for example booze at Shani with Zoltan and a knight. speaking of Gol and the alchemist had forgotten to call. In General, it's all the same what to ask, I'm like star wars, not watched, not th if I'm from the ninth look. You can,but the catch is it?

E
Ely Maze 05.02.20

antono
don't know I write here or not I didn't read if someone already said this then sorry for repeating

if for example to pass the first part and transfer the save 2 it will transfer some of the solution from 1 part for example about the daughter of the king and such decisions a lot

so take how I remember 1 armor and 3 swords (if wrong please correct)

but if the move save from 2 to 3 it is also the event will

even a mission with Triss if the move save with B1>B2>B3 but to make a choice in favor of Triss in 3 pieces when thrown bed then if you approach her, there will be earrings they are not highlighted well in part 3 as well who was still alive in part 2 and 3 will be and who is not and will not

K
Krrrva 05.02.20

Worth playing the first part at least because they are gorgeous

m
minooz 05.02.20

Definitely necessary, but there are 2 ways, if you don't much want to either go through guides or view passing. And you need to understand that the game and book the Witcher though both are good, but they are different from each other.

k
kvitos 05.02.20

Literally just finished the first and started the second the Witcher. The third once has already passed, now started with the first parts and many jokes the third part became clear.