3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 06.02.20 12:31 pm

Do you have enough 8Gb RAM?

I do in most games, more 8Gb does not eat:
GA-AX370 Gaming K3,Ryzen 5 1500X 3.7 GHz,DDR4 2993Мгц;HIS Radeon,TV LG 42 1920x1080 Win 10 x64.
2.7 GB of RAM on Windows itself takes a simple
65 Comments
Sort by:
V
VOVAN WOLFovich 17.07.20

Denis Kyokushin
Kyokushin Denis wrote:
If I remember correctly, the existence with 32GB RAM was eaten 26Гб
Whoa! Be careful, there is the old browser, and it allocated memory real consumption. Plus there maybe Opera was open, and the PC worked for a long time - Skype, steam, torrent, etc.

In this case, I'm not an example. Here will be the rules after a reboot, here paging indicator (it seems to be right, not sure. Physical will show less - 8500 somewhere):

If you count less, the OS files, CPU and long files, it's 5GB (13500-8500).

gennaz
32GB is enough for a browser with tabs 620 (of course only for the 10-progruzheno), enough for another couple of browsers, a torrent of afterburner, three launcher (steam, rocky, yubiki) and this work for weeks without turning off.
Enough 32гигов and long, with a reserve and a chance to close anything, easy to roll up and Google be able.

B
BioGen 17.07.20

No, of course, think to buy another laptop to the bar at 8.

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.07.20

Lex-one
Thank You, Sasha.It is not necessary, Vova showed.

Vovan Wolfovich
Told figure 26.Let ochepyatka, but I remember her)
And in the second screenshot the OP disabled?

BioGen
What games on the laptop playing?

L
Lex-one 17.07.20

Denis Kyokushin
I do not believe in such figures.
He will check and will show you.
Nothing shake or something)
Well, memory serves me right most of the AAA games ate Rise of the tomb raider.

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.07.20

Lex-one
OK.Would love to see
Found a screen where I have allocated memory to 15GB
Spoiler

L
Lex-one 17.07.20

Vovan Wolfovich
Vovan Wolfovich wrote:
A swap file, ideally on a gaming PC should not be.
For me he has to be to save electricity.
Don't keep everything in RAM when there is the paging file?

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.07.20

Vovan Wolfovich
Vovan Wolfovich wrote:
Is monitoring download the two indicators
- physical memory (uninformative, it is necessary and possible to disable)
Physical - it isn't RAM?

x
xStriiim 17.07.20

Vovan Wolfovich
I have 16 GB. GTA 5 redux noticed that if you just lower some settings, only then the range is very good and the inside of cars grew, a fps is why it is not affected, it is all because of that little memory ?

L
Lex-one 17.07.20

Denis Kyokushin
Please:
Spoiler
But while being processed, and had to go through the game and make a performance test :)
Vovan Wolfovich

Vovan Wolfovich wrote:
And as you share occupied paging file size if it is included in the virtual memory by default.
I don't share anything, I think programs know what and when to throw them in the paging file.
Yes, and this is the paging file is often used in lagacy code, ie in some old games to play.
Is installers software-pirated games that can't do without a swap file.
Why change something if it works perfectly?
Vovan Wolfovich wrote:
Oh, no. Without it it smooth and hard toys to go steel.
And this is a lie. FP in no way affects performance in games.

L
Lex-one 17.07.20

Vovan Wolfovich
Vovan Wolfovich wrote:
Played at the ARK? If not, then it does not compare
You give me a comparison would be thrown, with clear graphs and figures for clarity.
And so it is empty words.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 17.07.20

Lex-one
I don't need it, and you the same. A personal matter, and for me, a seasoned (NG suffered such garbage). And the fact is that a SSD is slower than RAM, and the extra 4Gb I marred the game, although in the beginning was 14-15, and two hours later already 18-19.

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.07.20

Lex-one
Lex-one wrote:
Please:
8.2 GB is the RAM consumption,as I understand it?Where the allocated memory?
Spoiler
Vovan Wolfovich
Vovan Wolfovich wrote:
RAM is your memory. But the monitoring of its filling are as an indicator of physical and virtual, and the latter includes other system files, it's bigger, and it is recommended to monitor.
No,no,no.It is only RAM.For example, Witcher 3 will show:
4Gb RAM DDRII 880Мгц

But at this point the game with 4 GB to start off:
8Gb of RAM DDRII 880Мгц
Pay attention to the consumption of RAM:the first digit can not be a priori virtual memory.Only RAM:
Spoiler

L
Lex-one 17.07.20

Denis Kyokushin
Kyokushin Denis wrote:
8.2 GB is the RAM consumption,as I understand it
All right.
Kyokushin Denis wrote:
Where the allocated memory?
Why would you want that? The system can allocate all the memory at least for fun.
Eat real soon 8 gigs with the system, ie a total of 24 available.

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.07.20

Lex-one
Well, I wrote about this.Vova on the screen 26Гб ALLOCATED memory that is eaten.I used to think that the swap file.About Gena the conversation was

L
Lex-one 17.07.20

Denis Kyokushin
Well, as it is connected with the name of the theme?
We are only talking about RAM.
And virtual memory is allocated by the system"just in case.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 17.07.20

Lex-one
Denis Kyokushin
I'm confused, still writing - here paging indicator. Yes.

Virtual memory is the paging file, Yes, just in case. Demolished as unnecessary. Getting data from the OP longer, and that's a problem.
Allocated memory - the page file + RAM. In this case, in the digital equivalent, it is, in any case. These are 26Гб with the screen. Physical there 18Гб.
Highlighted should be monitored, as the main indicator of consumption of RAM, and about physical to forget. To selected is added to the consumption region CPU and advanced OS and the exhaustion of this memory would crash with an error about the lack of or occupied by the volume of FP is threatened by Frisians, as it was the human (here the threads) with 8Gb in Batman, the Witcher 3, well, I have a demanding ARKе at 16GB.

Lex-one wrote:
Eat real soon 8 gigs with the system, ie a total of 24 available.
Sorry, that is not clear, natural or highlighted. Highlighted more and is a real number, which should draw conclusions about the consumption of the entire system with the game and for the filling of which will be a mistake. Don't feel that showed.
How could there not spinning, and the page file thing doubtful, as the rate of physical consumption, but with the latter at least everything is clear.

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.07.20

Vovan Wolfovich
Vova, reading fizicheskoi memory is the consumption game and the Axis:
Spoiler

L
Lex-one 17.07.20

Denis Kyokushin
All right, the average gamer only has to worry about zhor physical memory.
In the sections dedicated memory is better not to climb, as the indicators of this memory will do nothing.

D
Denis Kyokushin 17.07.20

Lex-one
I for the Witcher 3,the paging file had to be raised from 10Gb to 12Gb.On versions 1.22-1.24 of the low-frequency RAM DDRII Crouch only way to go.Increase pagefile slightly increased the time until the next departure, otherwise the game was just impossible,especially in Novigrad.Fixed in 1.31

L
Lex-one 17.07.20

Denis Kyokushin
If it is to go in settings of the system, its (allocated memory) will always be missed.
I have the system allocates as many:
Spoiler
But started eating the RAM program:
Spoiler