3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 21.02.20 02:14 pm

All about motherboards v.6

Old topic here
232 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mopar SRT 8 21.02.20

problems with installation,connectivity,drivers will not be?

a
ak_bullet 21.02.20

AsRock z77. BIOS update and all almost all the nurse need to update will be for cor 5-7. Take better cor ай5 3550 and all. No overclocking is not necessary.

a
ak_bullet 21.02.20

And MSI do not take quality so-so... Better to take a Gigabyte, ASUS or ASRock.

K
Kord28 21.02.20

What motherboard will I buy for this proce - Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge is not particularly expensive, overclocking is not in use, the body is normal.

z
zik2517 21.02.20

People help pliz. I want to buy AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition for your old stacjonarnych. The Asus M3A78 mother Board. On the website about motherboard compatibility with him is not what is said, but there are people who claim that they are fully compatible. I want to hear your opinion.

u
ucantcmen07 21.02.20

zik2517
It is better to take 955-y with C2 stepping, which is exactly supported. Previously not forget to update the BIOS to the latest version.

-
-SK.art- 21.02.20

955-y with C2 stepping

such will not find in sale..

D
DartMaul 21.02.20

As far as I know, stepping is nothing more than a revision. It does not affect the support of the percent of the Mat Board.
If the Board supported the percent of the first stepping, it supports all other revisions.

-
-SK.art- 21.02.20

If the Board supported the percent of the first stepping, it supports all other revisions.

but it is not a fact.

K
Kord28 21.02.20

Really need, please tell me-What kind of motherboard I should buy for this proce - Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge is not particularly expensive, overclocking is not in use, the body is normal

p
propeller-faust 21.02.20

Good day! Decided to still go to LGA 2011 platform and percent 4930к, choose between nurse, Asus sabertooth x79, asus p9x79 PRO, asus rampage 4 extreme, have, sly, all those mothers maintain it according to the formula 16лин+16лин, consider only aII..tell me what to stop the choice, personally leaning towards sabertooth x79

D
DartMaul 21.02.20

propeller-faust
Depends what you want.
In fact, the set of common functions of the Board are close enough to each other. A standard set of X79 + bluetooth +2 asmedia SATA3 + USB3 some more.0 asmedia.

He sit on a rampage 4 extreme. It's not just a good Board, it is unique in many ways. The question is whether you need its unique properties.

PS can also consider rampage 4 formula.

p
propeller-faust 21.02.20

DartMaul
sabertooth x79 uses my good friend, praises from all sides, which only can have two years with it in acceleration.I have only one goal: acceleration and time acceleration, some percent, (a sin not to chase 4930к on the water in the ceiling), memory, playing on a 3D TV. The system is assembled at this time for the long term, I think 2-3 years to sit still,usually upgrades times in a year and a half, dispersed sandwich 2way sli gtx 780 should be enough.. and stumbling blocks when you select the following:
1. sabertooth and rampage 4 extreme allows more space to monitor the temperature (measuring points more) than the p9x79 pro, and it is important for serious overclocking
2. on p9x79 pro rampage 4 broader set vidyahi, there translative distance, less will be warm, is also important

And the case will FOX 9901-2 w/o PSU black/red
you have the system overclocked decently?

D
DartMaul 21.02.20

propeller-faust
Interestingly, I am also the owner of the 4930k and also oecause overclocking (in my profile link to my profile on Submitting)
1) If you need acceleration then you just on a Rampage, because as stated by the manufacturers, it is designed for overclocking, and it's true. There is an insane amount fenichek on this topic.
For example, what is not in cybermuse but there is in the RIVE:
PLL/VCCSA/VTT under-voltage
OC Key
DRAM ref voltages
DRAM\PCH\USB\SATA\PCI\BCLK scew
Timings DRAM RTL
PCI-E slot switch
LN2/Slow mode
VGA Hotwire
Extended VRM limits (up to 1100KHz CPU fixed freq, up to 180% CPU current capability, etc.)
and so on.
2) I recently also winner 4930k and I have to disappoint you: on water this chip is not particularly chasing. In contrast to the 3930k which could drive up to 5.2 GHz, the maximum that you get on Ivy Bridge -E is 4,4-4,6 GHz (depending on how good the crystal). Further voltage increase can be arbitrarily faster it will not work.
Soon freezing temperatures will change the situation (this is the way I have prescribed myself a glass under dry ice (can then switch to nitrogen))

PS and what if not a secret dropsy you are going to put inside this case?

p
propeller-faust 21.02.20

DartMaul
Thanks, already called, ordered the rampage 4 extreme, but yesterday I read the reviews and tests, a mother is really brutal. Well, ivy bridge-e is of course not Sandi, but I'll drive until it stops. I have my 2600k clocked to 5GHz with a voltage of 1,42-1,43 I can't remember exactly and it passed all the tests quite a lucky stone caught (there's still the stock was good, even without raising voltage)
And this case I got almost on a freebie, he used, I've climbed it, he is good, a lot of places, behind radiator fluid should be no problem.+ there is a removable wall to hide the wires, two vent. front, side want to make, b/n at the bottom, however, the edema may ancient Corsair cwch 60, the socket 2011 is not suitable, I will sell (the benefit of a good distribution channel used components) and to take another.

D
DartMaul 21.02.20

propeller-faust
2600k On water you can drive up to 5.5 GHz. And Ivy-E just stops around 4.5 and then it can promote only lowering the temperature. (and I do not mean from 60 degrees to 40, and at least from 40 to 20, then you will never achieve under normal room temperature)

And the reservoir, the pump and other charms where to shove it? Or are you under water cooling understand here is, these ready-made kits for$100?

PS if you can help with advice on overclocking, please contact us.

d
danene 21.02.20

I would like to appeal to knowledgeable people. There is a stone I7 3770 (non K) would Like to overclock, because with this I decided to buy the mother. Advise any function with non K overclocking (at the moment is elitgroup H61-H2)

D
DartMaul 21.02.20

danene
Alas, I am afraid that you will fail.
In General, processors with a locked multiplier overclock via the bus. But the bus accelerates not only CPU, but also much more (IMC, PCI-E controller, Cache)
Ivy Bridge has a very very weak overclocking potential on the bus, the maximum that you can get through it: 100-200MHz, and it most likely will create more problems than good.

BCLK Strap, as far as I know, ivy bridge is missing.

d
danene 21.02.20

DartMaul
In General, I'm aware that processors without labeling To virtually narizhnaya, but the fact is that there are plenty of videos where it is dispersed to an average of ~4.4 ~4.5 and stable ~4.2 ~4.3, (pass all stress tests) asked one of the authors of the video, he explained to me that is not versed in overclocking, just need a motherboard with a non K function of acceleration (the corresponding setting in the BIOS) and automatic OC...

D
DartMaul 21.02.20

This processor has the stated turbo frequency of 3.9 Ghz. Accordingly, the maximum available for all 4 cores simultaneously, the multiplier is not less than x39.
If it is more (at least 41-42) then no problem at all. Overclocking is simply setting the multiplier and voltage balancing.
But if 39 is the maximum... don't know

http://hwbot.org/submission/2275039_phattai_cpu_frequency_4x_core_i7_3770_4558.23_mhz

Apparently the maximum multiplier is still equal to 43. Respectively to 4.3 GHz can accelerate without further manipulation. Next is harder and overhead.