3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stanislavich 27.02.20 12:42 pm

On what basis do I think the game is ARPG? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Good night.
I can even say more than wiki - Roleplay.

In fact, on what basis, what criteria and aspects of This game (the Witcher 3) relate specifically to the genre of RPG, falling into ARPG?

In 2017 came Horizon. Out successfully, it is even.
The structure of the Horizon - almost a copy of the Witcher, very similar game.
Differences of course exist, but it is similar in these two games very much.

But at the same time, the Horizon refers to Aksen games (adventure game), the same awards, The Game Awards the 2017 Horizon in the games category was nominated *Best adventure game*, along with the Assassin, Zelda, Uncharted.
At NAVGTR Awards the 2018 Horizon was also nominated in gaming category best original Aksen

And perceived it in a circle reviewers and critics as is Akshen game and not an RPG. And without any subgenres, such as ARPG.

I would even say that the Horizon in its structure - combat mechanics - that slashers are extremely demanding on the skill of the player who dominated the player's skill (his skill) on the characteristics of the character (which in essence is not present, there is skill. equipment and overall level).

But the Witcher - the combat system is a complete slashers, in a simplified form, much more simple than the Horizon.

Yes, the Slashers are the same in a subclass of RPGs (at Least for some prizes smart enough to determine Nier Automata even in some category, in an RPG, although some awards automate did not found the genre, and applies it to the slashers), but unless someone in the conscious mind will perceive Bayonet and DMC as a RPG games?

So why is the Horizon. which is essentially a copy of the Witcher, relates to Adventure games\Axenum, and the Witcher belong to the RPG, though the RPG part of the Horizon and the Witcher have the approximate equality?
43 Comments
Sort by:
M
MagicHero 27.02.20

saa0891
Stanislavich wrote:
Actually on licensed discs in black and white was written Action Game" and in the localization of 1C and it was written - an adventure Akshen game.
saa0891 wrote:
Actually it was written for the action/RPG.
Cool you took it down )))))))))))
Stanislavich buy glasses if bad eyesight ))) and lying is not good, the game's campaign 1C do not localize and are not released.

S
Stanislavich 27.02.20

Владимир2012
Well. Let's compare Horizon and the Witcher 3 for example, Divinity.
1. The main plot and narrative. In Horizon 2 there is a pronounced storyline is the events during the game and events prior to the game, which are closely intertwined and complement each other, telling the story in the present and in the past, as well explaining the story and lore. In Horizon in the main storyline the Main characters very efficiently disclose and implement. The game shows the character, behavior and relationship between the characters, especially revealing Eloy. In the Witcher 2 intersect storyline is the storyline of CRIS and the game itself, but the implementation of the two main story lines much weaker than in Horizon and has merged the ending. Yes, extras did a very good job as a plot, but if you consider the game as a basis, without additions, the story and the connection with the storyline CRIS in the Witcher is developed and implemented considerably weaker than in Horizon.
Neither Horizon nor the Witcher don't have the same variety and replayability component of the main plot, which is in Divinity 2. But the main plot and its implementation, including the implementation of Laura during the game and the second storyline in Horizon better than in the Witcher (main game; Yes, the add-ons this aspect of the game much tightened).

2. Side quests. In the Witcher they are implemented is much greater than in Horizon, but they are absolutely as does not affect the main story, a side, having a sufficiently high impact, it is not as not affected during the game. In Horizon as such sides, full - they are simply not there. In horizon there are more jobs and, in some cases, full sides, which can be said to have direct relevance to the main plot, developing it and making it more diverse. But these sides are more related to the main plot, as it directly woven into the main events of the game. The presence of these sides in Horizon makes their passing much closer to Divinity, but their number is very small (not more than 10 sides for the entire game if there are more than 50 additional jobs outside of the main plot). In the Witcher all sides separated from the main plot, and almost as does not affect the changes occurring in the game world for the game. Saithe witch as well, they would not have been implemented, are not directly related to the storyline of the game, and thus have no direct relationship to the side to Divinity which, in most cases. have at least some influence on the game world or storyline. But in Horizon, a large number of extra monotonous tasks, there are at least 3 side, they are fundamentally woven into the storyline. And the presence of these sides though as that Horizon unites with Divinity.
Yes, side quests the Witcher is a great advantage, but like an RPG element - namely, the impact on the gaming world with the presence of consequences or impact on the storyline - the Witcher all sides is bad enough. as bad and Horizon, but in Horizon there are sides that are woven into the storyline and it's at least something, compared to the Witcher, which has influence on the storyline of the game and the events in the game.
Yes, the addition to the Witcher on it also did a good job and did a great job on how to combine the sides from the main plot. And in addition it is quite even happened. But in the game it is not present.

And the Witcher is not a game about Gameplay, the game is not about leveling. This game is about the story and the events in the game.
In game components such as gameplay, the position of the Witch in relation to the RPG even further. than Horizon, because Horizon has a variety and has a full-fledged roleplaying their combat role. Working and functional diversity.

What I am wrong? m? about the availability of choice and the rights of otherise I already wrote - almost all games have a right to otherise and the availability of choice.
The availability of choice in the side Witch makes the game closer to RPG because the gameplay otheris fixated and has no actual diversity. The variety in gameplay otherwise - is the main feature of RPGs. In Divinity you can do the same job held 3-4 Gameplay ways.

D
Denis Kyokushin 27.02.20

Stanislavich
Bring at least one more or less powerful effects, which would in any way influenced the change of the main plot of the game. Can you find it? No
Keyru kill,and you have to save Lambert,or he'll be killed too

R
Rolemanser 27.02.20

The Diablo series that the series of Sakrid - belong to the genre of Hack and slash RPG.

S
Stanislavich 27.02.20

Rolemanser
Yes, it is, but for some reason people forget about what is the game.
Hack and slash games belong to the subgenre of RPG, but for some reason people call the same RPG Diablo\ARPG, forgetting that it's"Slashers, which are a subgenre of RPG.

S
Stanislavich 27.02.20

[Denis]
Well. In Morrowind it was possible for a chance to go to compressorium (or whatever it's called) and attack 1 time any infected, and then divayth FYR was prekrasan communication with the PC and the main line of the game was pricesales (reaching dialogues with Divicom).
But mind you - you need to kill the character. Until then, until they started to enter the immortal need to plot characters in almost all games there were moments that the killing of a character - you could fill up not just a single quest, but generally fill up the whole passing game. To refer such cases to the impact on the main plot - as it is stupid. In this case, all 22 of the additional endings in Nier Automate gain the full impact on the plot.

S
Stanislavich 27.02.20

saa0891
The drive from Akella, in my case the disk was from 1S. And while the games didn't specify a genre *Hack and slash* at least in games like Sacred.
This is after, when the genre of Slashers became popular (primarily due to the Diablo), the genre began to include in the sub-genre of RPG.

R
Rolemanser 27.02.20

Stanislavich
For many, now if in the game you can raise the SG settings, and choose skills - all RPG.

D
Denis Kyokushin 27.02.20

Stanislavich
Nier Machine does not interest me in Morro wasn't playing.About this game I will not say anything.You asked about the storyline,I gave you the answer.There was one corpse of the Vesemira,and maybe three of them – Keir,Vesemir and Lambert.And I see no reason to screw up the game by killing plot characters.
If at the beginning of the game choose in the dialogue:I killed Summer, on one assistant at kaer-morhen is the less.And the spirits in the estate will have to fight)

S
Stanislavich 27.02.20

Rolemanser
That's the problem. From what Eleks added the firing of a beat of the background music, does Eleks shooter in 3rd person.
But for some reason. if the game adds at least some character development - the game starts to classify RPGs. In the second wolf has RPG elements, but the game remains a Shooter from the 1st person.

In the Witcher 3, but with a strong plot and strong side quests, no more quality RPG elements, but the game will not refer to sub-genres, but RPGs and make it a kind of Standard for RPGs.
I agree that the Witcher is Aksen Slashers with RPG Elements (and slashers in turn a subgenre of RPG). But I strongly disagree with the idea that the Witcher is a standard of the RPG genre.

R
Rolemanser 27.02.20

Stanislavich
Do I understand correctly that for you the benchmark in the genre of CRPG games such as: Fallout 1-2, Planescape Torment 1-2, Baldurs gate?

R
Rolemanser 27.02.20

Stanislavich
In the second wolf has RPG elements, but the game remains a Shooter from the 1st person.
And it's a shooter or 3D action game? )))

S
Stanislavich 27.02.20

[Denis]
Well.
Not played Morrowind is bad.
In Morrowind there vtorostepennye Guild with their storylines. there's the fighters Guild and the thieves Guild. Among these Guilds a conflict occurs during the passage of these guilds and the player has choices on how to act and what to do. But now it's not about that.
In the beginning of the game you can go through several jobs in the Fighters Guild, and then get a job to book, which is one character in the Thieves Guild. Legal way to get this book difficult, you need to use some features.
But if you want to get the book, already being in the thieves Guild, no dialogue system, no system of theft and pickpocketing this book not to, but you can kill the character and take the book from his corpse. if you kill a character, then not only would you be expelled from the thieves Guild (and fill up their storyline), but it can quickly cause you fill up all the passing game, as killing this character, you can be attacked by other members of the Guild of Thieves and if you kill more than 4 characters with the dead NPC who had a book, everything is GG and you may not be able to beat the game the legal way, and the characters attacking in this building more than 6.

S
Stanislavich 27.02.20

Rolemanser
I can't call a benchmark in the genre of CRPG, because I'm interested in the game in the ARPG genre.
The most brilliant representative of ARPG is Morrowind. But Morrowind is not a Standard.

s
saa0891 27.02.20

Stanislavich wrote:
The drive from Akella, in my case the disk was from 1S. And while the games didn't specify a genre *Hack and slash* at least in games like Sacred.
Well, let it remain on your conscience.

Stanislavich wrote:
This is after, when the genre of Slashers became popular (primarily due to the Diablo), the genre began to include in the sub-genre of RPG.
We must first see how his game developed positioning,you can think whatever you want.

D
Denis Kyokushin 27.02.20

Stanislavich
I'll write as an Amateur Stalker:if you kill the stalkers near the bunker with Sidorovich,then Sidorovich the door will not open and about the further passage can be forgotten.But I imagine such issues do not create and do not like the game such problems impose.For example,kill Amhara,we turn away from CRIS,and against the Wild Hunt to go with.That is,the hours pass in vain.Also, I wouldn't like it if the killing of some Rezantsev/Ilfov the rest of their soldiers on Geralt rushed would like bulls to a red rag,created b a lot of problems in the passing game.And about belonging to a Guild.Geralt is a mutant and tries to remain neutral.He has his own interest.The same can be said:Why have Geralt there is no shield?Why no orders for satellites?.So he says that he always fights without a shield and carries out orders alone

M
MagicHero 27.02.20

Stanislavich
Stanislavich wrote:
Show me a picture of his imaginary drive and the campaign on the sense to deal with a liar is pointless. And then if the game was not an RPG wrote action, for example the game"Prince of Persia the Sands of time

k
kukulkan9 27.02.20

generally there is some sense in the question about the genre
last year, the fusion of genres in what is the average game, the differences between genres are not as bright as 10 years ago. Now wherever don't take it, there is an open world, and third-party kvestiki, and what skills and leveling and collecting loot, a typical suit and a little assista, collection of collectibles and cinematic gameplay. Already often do not understand what is the difference between a witch, a farkray, Zelda and a string of new Lara Croft

R
Rolemanser 27.02.20

MagicHero
If I am not mistaken, Blizzard just pointed out that their Diablo is a hack and slash\RPG, and sakrid was a Diablo-like game. But the sakrid always kakela localize. He had a pirated version of the game is forgotten as the office is called, or Torum media or something, this pirate office used in their disk layout and design as 1C, from cover design to printing design on the discs.

S
Siniy Kot 27.02.20

it is a long hike)))
go on, I stocked up