3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pelmen dobra 13.03.20 12:13 am

Mechanic or automatic?

Raise the age-old question, manual or automatic (if you are not an oligarch, just specify). Who what goes on?
Is it true that the machine compensates for apologist?
89 Comments
Sort by:
A
AR3E 13.03.20

I will say this. I'm not a dumbass and let the GD, but all the coach, as one, praised the drive and predicted in the four certificate with conditional pluscom (well there is no one and never put pluck their point of view). But I had one problem - carelessness. And I was all the more inattentive the more nervous. During my training it was possible to take the exam on the machine and get from the category of EB gun and the box, and I am the second half of the course driving was sitting on the machine. Took the exam too.

Because: on manual transmission always have to keep in mind the necessity of readiness of the clutch, to remember about his gear and reduce/increase as necessary and actually follow the road. Plus little things like catching the moment to shift and roll back on the roller coaster due to the neutral gear (the last one was just the bomb, if forgotten behind someone is counting sailed).

Overall, it's very simple, if you're not a neurotic, and the first time you ride with paranoid care. Anyone can show off what he as and from the first days to complete all naigal, but it is a priori in the stump. Our wonderful road and our contingent of non-auto users, and maybe even some NEH, will try to distract and bring down the concentration for a very long time, and also create dangerous situations constantly. And you always have to monitor multiple factors that then some badlantic not trying to prove you that you're a camel. For fun you can poke an amoeba with a stick, but IMHO waste of time not worth it.

And it's all just temporary nuances. With time management anyway get used to it.

V
Vanya Rygalov 13.03.20

AR3E wrote:Because: on manual transmission always have to keep in mind the necessity of readiness of the clutch, to remember about his gear...
My e... This is how nerd you have to be to think about all this? It's like riding a Bicycle - pedal and ehay, ehay just. All manipulations with a manual transmission are in automatic mode... Well, it's as easy as breathing - because nobody cares when and how to do the next breath.

A
AR3E 13.03.20

Vanya Rygalov wrote:
All manipulations with manual transmission are automated
That's straight from the first days, all beginners start to drive on autopilot, feeling each transfer. Then, with each release of 10-15 people on the box is dealt 2-3.
I'm talking about a first time ride, especially exam nerves very many specifically so they say, and mistakes are inevitable. And it's no big deal.

K
Kirlusha 13.03.20

Perhaps, it is certainly worth to create NG partition car.
In a subject; most modern cars in the category up to 1 million have protivohode. (the help system in a hill\with slides).
Therefore, it is not so important. If used, the mechanic -no problem, but romaponti that does not cancel.
For 12 years, I otrulil the mechanics about 1 million km. right now I have the machine... and so I have sat down for a stick... but not in zhis!!!
Hydrotransformer machine - Taxis!!! (Not the CVT or the robot)
And more: the driver, have driver. Or at all, or on foot!

M
McEclipse 13.03.20

In a big city automatic
In traffic a little pleasure stick Telebanking...
Well, little do not care

B
Bombardirovschik 13.03.20

The machine does not compensate for apologist but the point is that after auto mechanics on the machine drive is not a problem at all but after the machine , even though you Lam squeezer on the machine on the mechanics you little be to licatesi from the driving school student with zero driving experience until you get the hang of it.

Solartechnik better of course.
All switching occurs automatically after gaining experience.
on the machine there is no normal engine braking and this leads to more frequent use of the brakes as well as angry drivers on the mechanics. Here for example there is a road with descents and padamame - driver machine gunner easily identified by the fact that it is constantly lit brake lights on the downhill, he constantly slows down.
it turns out that you for example hit third gear, take his foot off the gas and you drive yourself to the engine at a moderate speed. But you do not give the machine gunner ahead. it will constantly slow down, forcing you too put pressure on the brake. Hate it.
With due same experience on the handle you can use the brake only as a last resort.
Well, the rest depends on the machine.
for example Hummer and stools any type kio, Japs, AVTOVAZ, Volkswagen Polo and so on with a gun is certainly a definite shit. and so there is a low-power engine, a machine still eats decent power, and if we crank up the air conditioning then all machine will be wadded.This Ancol. Plus, there are machines bottom.
on all trucks , buses and other heavy and overall the machine this is it. for example nobody wants to Kachitsa with a manual box on the ZIL or Ural and necessary. there is a huge stroke of the lever and the shifter slurred.
Conclusion: the machine on which a Mercedes or Lexus with 7 steps and paddles and other twists is a good fit.
Machine on what a necro Japanese or VW Polo/Kia/Hyundai is Slatina.

K
Kryogen 13.03.20

Dumpling goodness
Already 100,000 times all chewed, I'm going an hour in the morning to work an hour home in the evening, and pull a stick in traffic it is a pleasure, therefore, in large cities only machine, I understand you're a beginner, start with mechanics, useful life.

m
masha 13.03.20

Racing always choose automatic.

P
Pelmen dobra 13.03.20

AR3E
I like it turns out, the brain remember the sequence. But a good driver far. Sorry for the typing suffers when I forget to downshift or herachat the throttle.
Vanya Rygalov
I agree. This is the correct explanation.
Kryogen
Yes, a beginner, very beginner. Home has never ridden one. I'm not against mechanics. But why all the emphasis saying that the beginner is better to start with mechanics?
Bomber
To get. Well thought about it. It seemed to me that after the machine is possible and the mechanics.

A
A.Soldier of Light 13.03.20

And it seemed to me that the machine is an evolution of the gearbox, and all future machines of the 21st century should go with a gun by default... )

Vanya Rygalov wrote:
All manipulations with manual transmission are automated...
You've had this since the very first time when you're driving? From the automatism went, not thinking about things, no? 8)

B

Dumpling goodness
after the machine if the mechanics did not go before that even start will be a test.
See top gear releases where they invite famous people to drive on the track on the mechanics.
there are some driving experience of 30 years on the machine and when you get behind the wheel of a small car with mechanics they don't know what to do to corny to go.

V
VitGun 13.03.20

AR3E
lol. after a couple months developing muscle memory. Personally, I do not even think it necessary to squeeze the clutch and where to switch - on the sound of the engine and so all is audible, the rest of the right hand and left leg.

Z
Znak kachestva Ubeysoft 13.03.20

Bomber
To repair the machine HELL. If the mechanics can be very pucinski in the garage under repair, the machine still doesn't work, itself there should not be picked. Do not know how to drive stick and have water. right - it's a bloody shame.

B

Sign a quality Ubisoft
Yes, even just to change a much cheaper machine costs an assload.
More cars on the machine cannot be started with the pusher and tow rope.
at least earlier so was, now XS might come up with that.

Z

Bomber
Dick knows. I never went XD
To tow the machine like you can.

B

Sign a quality Ubisoft
Spoilerized committing such actions it is best to read the instructions to the vehicle as not all cars with automatic transmission is allowed to tow in principle, and some possible, but keeping certain speed and mode of transmission. A car with a 3-skorostnoy automatic transmission can be towed at speeds of 40 km/h and a maximum of 25 kilometers. Vehicle with a four-speed automatic transmission, limiting a little more, are towed only at a distance of not more than 50 km and at a speed no more 50 km/h. the Main danger lies in the fact that stops working the oil pump, as this can overheat, so the box is not cooled. Box machine can be towed, if you implement some of the recommendations, namely to start hauling in fill machine to maximum transport fluid (ATF), the excess drain will be necessary, but already in the service. Also when towing on the "slave" transport speed selector lever must be set to the "neutral" (N), and the motor should work.
"Driving" the car, when towing, you need to start slowly, and to control the vehicle better in "manual" mode (if possible). The movement start with the "ones" (2), and at excessive revs to 3 – 3,5 thousand need to switch on the deuce (L). And then you can enable the speed of the "D" off "the Overdrive", the use of high transmission is not recommended and undesirable, especially if you need to move long distance. Exercise movement should smoothly without braking and sudden jerks. When jerks are generated dynamic forces exceeding many times the static load (i.e. when the snatch weight "slave" of the car increases several times). Because of this, subject to availability, it is better to make towing rigid hitch.

D
Darkaind 13.03.20

On the machine did not go, I go to the mechanics, no problem (on 3 different machines go regularly). Here it is your personal preference, the gun is certainly easier in terms of riding, but difficult to repair. While I personally have neither the mechanics nor the machine to fix it will not come back, so in terms of repair for me what is the dark forest. That people are not talking, normal machine can work and work, nothing will, if his oil according to the regulations to change, the mechanics of this normal can be killed by the owner in the process of operation, or if abnormal herself to fly.

i
insel260 13.03.20

Bomber
Now only Tolkach cannot be started, the rope stretches safely without any problems for the carton. Neutral throw and all, well, in principle, and on the handle.
Dumpling goodness
With the mechanics of why it is better to start? Confidence appears. As if to say, if we compare the machine and the mechanics (take gaming topics, but not in this PG), it turns out that engineering is a simulator, and slot machine arcade.
With his experience will tell. I started with VAZ 21063, she taught me to control the car in turns, not to start with slip in slides to move with the handbrake etc, and besides because the machine was old (90 g.) and even learned how to fix a car.
It is best to start with the classics, I think. Sure on the mechanics that would later on be ready for anything.

So for example, last year my case happened, vacationing in the country, the other severely injured his left foot, had me sit behind the wheel of his car. He's got 14 vases on the handle, I have 6 year drive only with a machine. But remember that hand... well in 10 minutes he settled in and drove him to the hospital, on a machine with the mechanics. That's handy experience sestrichki.

If you analyze it on road performance, so to speak, then:
on the mechanics of faster acceleration when overtaking you control your own broadcast, dropping at the right time down. Same machine, after you slammed the gas pedal, at first a little think (a second somewhere, but it is very noticeable, trust me).
on the mechanics less fuel consumption on the highway is not particularly noticeable, but here in the city..., I have tsls in the city eats at least 15 liters, and often comes out on 16 -17 in the winter and 25 sometimes eats, but it is provided included obogrevala, TVs, etc.
repair. The repair machine will cost 5 to 6 times more expensive mechanics. If the mechanics are still possible and to sort out in the garage (boxes from an old car to 2005 V. somewhere), then the automaton hell he enumerates, and likely to be the case, disassemble, and assemble will not be able.
the life of the machine will be smaller, oil it's expensive.

BUT on the machine comfortable to drive, put in drive and rolled, lightly pressing down the gas pedal. You will not have to pull the handle, press the clutch... Put the left foot on the footrest, leaned back in his chair, the drive turned and went quietly. I do ride holding on with my left hand on the wheel and your right foot pressing on the gas / brake.
Machine for a comfortable ride, handle (mechanic) to drive fast.

If the mechanics of the transition to automatic, once you understand - the earth and sky! Comfort and complete ease of operation (the drive). But if with machine on the mechanics - is crap! So for the future (hell knows how the cards fall?) first, learn to ride properly on the handle, and then sit on the machine. And there already and he will understand that you will be better.

And by the way ,if you start with the classics (rear wheel drive), you start to feel the car. In the winter, the twists on classics that... uhh.. adrenalinchik. But this experience, believe me, will come in handy, even if you ride only on front-wheel drive.

PS On the machine on the road don't go (if not an SUV of course), too bad it's for work machine. Even on the field when you go, you can feel the tension in the box. On the handle, you can climb anywhere capucho not to burn.

Z

Bomber
Ah, Yes. The oil in the box, it is there under pressure, is another reason why self poking around in the machine.

K
Kirlusha 13.03.20

Bomber
Bomber wrote:
machine on the machine cannot be started with pusher
The machine with the feedback you can start with the pusher in the mode L.
Type-Tronik, (without feedback) - it is impossible.