3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PlayGround.ru 26.09.19 03:52 pm

The best translation of the name of the game FarCry (Far Cry)

I have such ideas: Far Cry. But I like to say: Distant call and you?
78 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shephard [U.S.S.R.] 26.09.19

You know, you're awesome moved! Screams, amazing!

B
BadPirat 26.09.19

For me it is:
1.Scream Away
2.Cry from afar
3.Far
4. Far distance

A
Atomick2 26.09.19

far cry
When one figuratively says large but indefinite distance, he often uses the expression a far cry ("far cry"). They say that this expression comes from medieval Scotland. Local rulers were wont to announce their decrees, using the heralds. These people went from one place to another, shouting the terms of Royal declarations. Some ads focused exclusively on local Affairs, referring to only one city or region. Said the courier, received a message of this sort, was given to a near cry ("near the Creek"). But in time of war or other large-scale shocks Herald had to ride day and night to fulfill your duty. Such a far cry ("far cry") require passing the huge distances larger than travel average person throughout his life. Thus, the expression a far cry began to be used as a synonym for remote (remote).

T
Traygen 26.09.19

Atomick2
Interestingly, enlightened! ))

J
JetRanger 26.09.19

Once saw a trailer for FarCry, so there is an announcer says at the end: And that's a FAR CRY from what you have seen before! and the final chords of epic music. ))

n
novokurovka28051981 26.09.19

I have one Englishman said that far cry means fors mazher on their jargon, despite the fact that he had never heard about the game

T
Traygen 26.09.19

Hmm, still accurate translation nobody will)) But all versions give an idea about one and the same!

J
JetRanger 26.09.19

Tragen
Yeah, the type arrived on Paradise island with the journalist, and then - Bang! - Far Cry unexpected (force majeure) happened.
Local jungle - just Far Cry (big difference) compared to what I expected - not Paradise, but hell.
And even then I had to stomp through the entire archipelago, as a true messenger, who was ordered Far Cry (the message to the remote destination).
And the archipelago - Far Cry (very remote) from civilization.

Beautiful game called, do not say anything.

T
Traygen 26.09.19

Ahaha, laugh, laugh)) Well, you understand me.

W
Weaselinger 26.09.19

Google translator said:
Far Cry is a big difference

E
Ekzalt McDixon 26.09.19

Generally, the value of far cry is not only the difference. Also far cry means another idiomatic expression that literally translates as the distance of the Creek, that is, the distance at which one person will still hear the cry of another.

u
uMadSkar 26.09.19

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES!

D
Doge123 26.09.19

I don't know.But sort of translates Far Cry.And on the other transfer did not.Something you confuse everything.Translation into Russian is!

z
zhorzhe11 26.09.19

After reading all the above, I came to this Russian equivalent (intuitively, not logically) is also a meaningful expression: E-b-a-n-s-y in the mouth. And you try to explain to English-speaking users the meaning of this expression, and when to use it. :)

s
scornach 26.09.19

http://kak-perevoditsya.ru/far-cry

far cry is usually translated as the difference, another variant of translation is far away
When one figuratively says large but indefinite distance, he often uses the expression a far cry (literally - "far cry"). It is believed that this expression comes from medieval Scotland. Local rulers were wont to announce their decrees, using the heralds. These people went from one place to another, shouting a Royal proclamation. Some ads focused exclusively on local Affairs, referring to only one city or region. Said the courier, received a message of this sort, was given to a near cry ("near the Creek"). But in time of war or other large-scale shocks Herald had to ride day and night to fulfill your duty. Such a far cry ("far cry") require passing the huge distances larger than travel average person throughout his life. Thus, the expression a far cry began to be used as a synonym for the remote (remote).

Phrases
far cry is a distant relationship; long distance; big difference
a far cry — a long distance
it is a far cry — far distance; a big difference
it is a far cry to that place — to that place is very far; to that place far away

Translation according to
far, far, far, far, far, far, distance
cry — cry, cry, cry, cry, cry, cry, slogan, cry, cry, cry, cry

B
BadDog382 26.09.19

Far Shit.

Y
YOLOMARIONETKA 26.09.19

Remote crying

P
POLKA777 26.09.19

--Andrew--
The hammer... well was being facetious...

However, the theme of the FORUM is designated is not true. We should not just offer the title and justify it (as it is associated with the game?).
Spoiler
far cry is a Big/a Substantial/a HUGE Difference (in the sense of not a reasonable expectation, when the reality is not true and you ofigevayu) — corresponds to authors, but NO SOUND, we still think...

And, Yes, Russian translation is adequate and authentic and necessary.
For example, Star trek somehow turned into star trek and Star wars and did not send Starvors s still strange to see not correct for talking about pronunciation/ spelling - (the THIEF - WAR) so what the hell is WARCRAFT ? instead WARCRAFT "war Craft" and the world of Warcraft "World of warfare".
From the same series (instead of a MAN writing ME a MAN/ PERSON) is a Hitman, in the 90s Batman, now Batman, and even weirder to hear the options 50x50 series Star trek: discovery (stupidity!)...
Everyone who is not in the tank is not clear - 60% of people will not find the desired content Farkray, Doom and other... and as a side-negative - search engines on the websites do not give results for such names, even if the content is on the site...
SUMMARY: Russian localization (translation and voice) must be - 100% - adequate and authentic.
Example, FarCry-3 from Buka corresponds to only 75%, and this against the background of other members... a very good indicator.
Spoiler