3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 03.10.19 01:01 am

Graphics card: drivers, overclocking, problem solving v.11

Previous topic has grown well, so I created a new.
Old topic here

useful ssylki the benefits of overclocking. Overclock the video card
79 Comments
Sort by:
D
Ded delay 16.11.22

rtx 2060 does not load at least 90%, freezes, lags.
proc i3 10105f

D
Ded delay 16.11.22

D
Ded delay 16.11.22

P
Pavel Rally 16.11.22

Ded delayt
60 fps cap enabled? If yes, turn off v-sync in the game and in the video driver.

M
Master_STALKER 20.01.23

The AMD website does not open, has access been closed for Russia or what? Where can I get the latest drivers now?

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Master_STALKER
Everything works:
Spoiler

h
honey pan cake 20.01.23

Hello. I recently changed the thermal pads and thermal paste on the card. And I began to observe such a picture. It wasn't like this before. I would like to ask if this is normal? Maybe something went wrong during reassembly? I have completely reinstalled the drivers and they are up to date. Occasionally it happens that the image freezes for 2-3 seconds and again the norm.
(Addition) The temperature in idle increased (it was 38-40, it became 42-44), but remained the same in loads (68-72 depending on the game). I checked the temperatures when the Witcher 3, GoW (2018), Overwatch, Stalker with graphics mods were running, I also recently caught a temperature of 80 degrees (tested the screen recording), for the first time in 3 years, I don’t remember such that the record loaded the card so much. I checked the clamp, it seems to be good, tight.

M
Menust 20.01.23

HoneyPancake
Check the chip, did you chip it?
Maybe he knocked down some kind of smd component, this is also possible.
And tell me what thermal paste.

M
Menust 20.01.23

Faced one problem.
My gt9400 (yes, old, but new will appear soon)
Does not overclock from memory.
More precisely, the chip is 715 MHz (in overclocking)
And the memory is standard 350 MHz, and if you exceed the limit of 370 MHz, then artifacts appear
And at 362 they appear after some time.
The memory does not contact the heatsink and.
I put a turntable. But this will not help, since the memory is on both sides if there are problems with overheating.

L
Lazy Mutton 20.01.23

Menust
Yes, what's the point of overclocking memory in your case?
Let the map live its life. And then it will die.

S
Salyarych 20.01.23

Hello. One of these days I’ll buy an RTX 4080, but I have a 750 V power supply (chiftek modular 80 gold), the performance characteristics of the card indicate that a PSU of 850 is required.
I heard that you can make an undervolt and the card will work at full capacity on a 750 V PSU. Tell me, is it really true? Has anyone already tried it?
I have never done overclocking cards and even more so undervolt. How difficult is it? Maybe someone has a guide on undervolt 4080 from firing (dark version without rgb).

At the moment there is no way to change the PSU. Only the card comes out at 106k, I won’t collect another 20k on the PSU this month ... So the output is only an undervolt. Or you can lick your lips at the card for a month, and nervously swallow your saliva in anticipation of installing it in the system unit. But in this case, I'm afraid to choke.

L
Len4ik00N 20.01.23

Salyarych
Salyarych wrote:
the performance characteristics of the card indicate that a PSU is required from 850
The card manufacturer indicates the power, taking into account the fact that there are a lot of PSUs whose real power is lower than what is written on the block, so you can not worry too much with your PSU.
As for the undervolt: the process is not daunting, but it takes a lot of time and perseverance until you find a balance between cool numbers and stability)) You don’t need to look for a guide specifically for your video card - the essence of the process is the same for a number of cards. But the values ​​u200bu200bare individual for each instance, so you can simply take other people's values ​​u200bu200b(even from the same video card), of course, but, with a very high degree of probability, you still have to sit and select voltages for your video card.

H
Hellhound_Anger 20.01.23

Len4ik00N
Len4ik00N wrote:
As for the undervolt: the process is not daunting, but it requires a lot of time and perseverance
hehe, 5 minutes in the game and you're done!!! What nafig perseverance and time. What are you collecting. Heh, even the videos of the tutorial are for 5 minutes, though they pour tons of water for another 10 for schoolchildren.
Len4ik00N wrote:
anyway, then you have to sit and select voltages for your video card.
khe khe, correct a minute - open the whore and pull it up to a higher value, and again into the toy. What's wrong with you today, dumplings!?

L
Len4ik00N 20.01.23

Hellhound_Anger
Hellhound_Anger wrote:
heh heh, 5 minutes into the game and you're done!!! What nafig perseverance and time.
Ordinary perseverance and ordinary time to ensure the stability of the chosen values. Poke into the chart for 5 minutes, like a monkey, this is not an undervolt, but a maximum of its beginning, when there is a screening out of clearly inappropriate values: then the problem quickly manifested itself, quickly corrected. And at marginal voltages, in order to identify problems, you need to test with different games / software and not for 5 minutes. Of course, this is if there is no desire for the video to "burp" at a crucial moment (in the middle of the skating rink, during rendering, etc.). The only exception I've come across is a very successful copy of the map (or at least a better one than the person in the guide you're targeting) in combination with a user who is not very "greedy" for the result. Then the values ​​​​are selected almost the first time and everything works stably, but not everyone is so lucky.

S
Salyarych 20.01.23

Okay, thanks for the replies. And in what games is it better to measure? KP77 fit? Or do you need something less optimized?

h
honey pan cake 20.01.23

Menust Everything
seems to be in place. I did not drop the card, I did not use hard objects when replacing the thermal interface. There seems to be less hanging. Maybe the drivers are crooked?
Thermal paste - DEEPCOOL Z3
Thermal pads - Arctic TP-2 APT2560
I also want to say that the thermal pads are third, because the first 2 times I miscalculated with the thickness (they were too thick)

RX 580 8Gb
PSU 550W

01001000 01101001 20.01.23

Salyarych
I set it up on my 3070 in 2 minutes. What did you do there? I launched it in Metro 2033, really squeezed all the juice out of the video card, and ran into power consumption (meeting with Hunter, hospital). Quite a benchmark. I forgot to apply the settings more and something was wrong once, I set it up and it gave out the wrong thing. In short, well, really about 5 minutes.
In general, you can start with the reviews, look at the suggestions, who set up how much. Write to reddit.
Spoiler

s
snow6666 20.01.23

tell me the norms of the indicators
and what GPU0 means

h
honey pan cake 20.01.23

snow6666
Operating temperature is within normal limits (from 83°C to 93°C). GPU0 is most likely a graphics chip.
There is a maximum load on the chip (99%).
Maximum temperature (86°C).
Maximum power consumption 102%.