3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Prophet_92 03.10.19 03:39 am

\"ladder\" the edges of the textures

playing for quite some time..there is a question..many games..with rare exception, sometimes (even at max. smoothing) shows this effect as the ladder on the edges of the textures..there seems to be a small problem,but still was wondering whether there is a possibility somehow to get rid of this defect?could be a driver setting of some kind there?
83 Comments
Sort by:
G
GTAman 03.10.19

I don't remember.

J
Jackson[x] 03.10.19

So I say that there is no such

G
GTAman 03.10.19

Is.
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,853619/Modern-Warfare-3-PC-Much-better-image-quality-without-console-upscaling/News/

J
Jackson[x] 03.10.19

What does the picture quality...

G
GTAman 03.10.19

Really, what does upscaling have to do with the quality of the picture?

R
Roman_Engine 03.10.19

Yes, Modern Warfare 3 has such an option. Parameter the picture Quality is responsible for upscaling (when the game is being rendered at a small resolution and the software stretch. Console garbage). But it is not the same. Ladders will be present even on very large resolutions.

G
GTAman 03.10.19

Yes? And even if supersampling?

R
Roman_Engine 03.10.19

oooii3gg
Yes? And even if supersampling?

Ladders will be present even on very large resolutions. I didn't say anything about supersampling. If you run the game at 7680x4320 resolution (impossible but we say) naturally without any smoothing, then the ladder will still. That is what I meant.

G
GTAman 03.10.19

So why say the obvious?

R
Roman_Engine 03.10.19

So why say the obvious?
Because I asked a question, and you.

R
Roman_Engine 03.10.19

I do not know to rejoice or not, but http://www.iryoku.com/smaa-t2x-source-code-released
Soon will be available T2x antialiasing (SMAA+SSAA). I understand that the first picture arrangerede in two high resolution, then overlay SMAA and then reducing it. Logically, the result should be stunning in terms of performancequality.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 03.10.19

stunning in terms of performance\quality
The quality will be, but the performance that will meet two more resolution.

R
Roman_Engine 03.10.19

The quality will be, but the performance that will meet two more resolution.
Yes but given that in 2xSSAA ladders usually don't go with T2x we will get as equal 4xSSAA or 8xSSAA even when performance 2xSSAA. This mode is 50% faster than the eightfold of multisampling. Today's videokaraoke can pull 8xMSAA in many games (with rare exceptions of curves and unoptimized).

Here you have all skrinshoty own cooking). Can open and compare. T2x as you can see is not inferior to eight times supersampling on static landscape. Unfortunately in the move I can not estimate to verify the presence of scintillation. Also 1080p can not do unfortunately.

Screenshots
2xSSAA
pix.PlayGround.ru
4xSSAA
pix.PlayGround.ru
8xSSAA
pix.PlayGround.ru
AA is disabled
pix.PlayGround.ru
T2x
pix.PlayGround.ru

s
sn260591 03.10.19

Т2х color wasted... And why are all the screenshots looks way different?

R
Roman_Engine 03.10.19

Т2х color wasted
To be honest, it's not quite T2x, is the way it logically should work. I run the game in 2560x1440 resolution, used PC, please and the editor reduced in 2 times up to 720p, turned double supersampling. Possible saturation fell because algorithm reduce pictures of LANCZOS. Himself T2x should just automate my actions, so the resulting picture is quite competent.

And why are all the screenshots looks way different?
It is under water.

G
GTAman 03.10.19

I have enough regular SMAA, I only wish the native support in games no. The injector seems to me a dirty hack (just a feeling, does not need explanation).

P
Prophet_92 03.10.19

the new monitor has not removed this effect..well,you can see the case really just games(

R
Roman_Engine 03.10.19

oooii3gg
What is the native resolution? In the settings of the injector need to set the permission on which the play (default is 720p), you're talking about this? Still have SweetFX configurator, there is a CMAA and many other color settings (sharpness, saturation, bloom, hdr, etc.)

The injector seems to me a dirty hack (just a feeling, does not need explanation).
Me too, kind of ruin the perception of the game.

G
GTAman 03.10.19

What is the native resolution?

1920x1080

In the settings of the injector need to set the permission on which the play

In my version of that configuration, no. Rocked from the official online about three months ago.

R
Roman_Engine 03.10.19

Yes, there in all versions is. Open the file d3d9.fx, smaa.h and as needed directx 10,11 the file dxgi.fx. Wheel down a bit and notice the line
#define SMAA_PIXEL_SIZE float2(1.0 / 1280.0, 1.0 / 720.0) Change to #define SMAA_PIXEL_SIZE float2(1.0 / 1920.0, 1.0 / 1080.0) and everything is cool))