3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
w
warp 37 04.09.19 07:39 pm

Poor optimization in PC games and what to do with it

It's time to start showing some self-respect and press the button to Request a refund. Poor optimization is something that cannot be forgiven and what should not go unpunished.

Every ruble paid for a game with bad optimization - this is a slap yourself in the face and promoting obscenity and negligence. If you do not respect ourselves, as consumers - why you should respect the developers and publishers as clients?

When you go to buy a TV in the store - knowingly buy a TV with a broken screen when I buy a bottle of water - buy the open and half drunk, buying an Apple - you take nadrezanno and rotten?

The game is also a product and the principle is the same. Product defects usually sell with markdowns, notifying about the problem. Remember, you - the customer, and the customer is always right. And it is your money rule the market.
40 Comments
Sort by:
G
GeForce Experience 04.09.19

warp 37
You know I agree with you but many still do not understand do not say much like the post say

M
MunchkiN 616 04.09.19

the main thing in games is the story and soul that was peck-peck
what is optimizing every pitch he really knows and everyone is their own.
that fallout 4 is bad or good optimization PEK-PEK

P
Protocol10 04.09.19

warp 37
We should start to formulate the concept of optimization and what does this mean and to clearly define the scope of where it ends good optimization and a bad start. And then some will say that everything is fine on the gtx 1080, others will complain that lag on gtx 550ti.

l
lid2pro 04.09.19

I agree

T
The_Black_Wolf 04.09.19

So what's next? Less will be selling - the developers even more to start playing with computers. But in General I think it would be nice to get Gabe to introduce controls on technical quality, where each product would be tested for compliance to some standard of quality. Thus such optimization problems, like the Arkham Knight or unity would simply disappear, probably.

T
Tim7472 04.09.19

Totally agree. Bring yourself and your comp as an example.

I have the old weak vidyuhi, gt740m 1gb, but it is clearly visible approach to the optimization of games from the publishers\developers. Yes, progress from 2012, the idea has gone far ahead, I agree. But why all games from Dice on minimum settings look great and not demanding on the computer? That's what, and on what Battlefield 1 I have starts at all, I didn't even expect. And what do we have? On gt740m about 30 fps on minimum, not a lot but quite playable. And it looks great.

Unlike DOOM, Deus Ex MD, Mafia 2, Mafia 3, etc., which look no better and often worse than the old Battlefield 4, (Battlefield silent the 1), but issued at the minimum setting of 10 15фпс with wild drawdowns. But in a Battle where DOOM (Deus Ex MD)? Open space, global illumination, anti-corridors, in which one scene is being rendered in half subject.

I acknowledge the progress and is willing to buy a powerful computer and top vidyuhi for gorgeous graphics. But the meaning? If some developers have fun to play with awesome graphics, which I can see on my old computer, while others are made purely nominal improvements, and pulled up the little system for the dough from hardware manufacturers? You know, if I for the above games bought GTX1080, I would have never left feeling corny bred on the headstock.

D
Delphis 04.09.19

The_Black_Wolf
in fact, this control is and it is controlled by the players themselves (the money and reviews). If a thick, rich glasses will not be the game in steam to skip, because they're some kind of test not passed, it will be even more unhappy

A
Anomel Suna 04.09.19

Lol. Yes, there most and for the quality of the product a penny will not give up. Piracy last degree, one of the most dangerous mental diseases

m
mailyn74 04.09.19

Few would optimize games for each graphics card, processors, and others, it is not a console where one iron for 5 years.

B
BioGen 04.09.19

No money without the optimization, it is time to remember that developers and not to pay for the trash they are

A
Apti 04.09.19

If the system requirements of games will not grow, and new hardware will not be buying one, and it already producers iron is not profitable. So all have been paid for

T
Tdante 04.09.19

Yes... disagree guys, we are right, but the hell with that change. It's marketing, timing, greed for money and human nature as a whole.
Even those of us who want to buy the game and can vote with their money nothing SureShot. There's a third mafia paid off Slavoj, namenski earned enough for another year at least to sit in my Studio and a free upgrade to saw. Have sharesale returns? No, and there were many.... So.

R
RussianQuaker 04.09.19

warp 37 wrote:
Every ruble paid for the game with poor optimization
Every downloaded megabyte for a game with bad optimization :DDD

A
Anderby 04.09.19

Sustain, pitch-slaves suffer. You are not used to.

f
flamingbit 04.09.19

I ass in tears, with these words must come a rebellion!!!

R
RikoChiko 04.09.19

How can you complain about optimization, having a fresh line of video card Nvidia, and sit with the budget monitor?

M
MunchkiN 616 04.09.19

to punish the bourgeoisie pitch ruble
and to sit without Igor.

K
Kyubi 04.09.19

For example, the game Tales of Zestiria released in late 2015, the optimization is just great in my bucket 10 years ago (Gee fors 440 and 2 gig of RAM) is at max settings, even if I before starting I forgot to close browser with the game.
A game with poor optimization I'm not buying, I'm still not going.

A
Anglerfish 04.09.19

Kyubi
Well you bent. There grafon level years 2003-2004-th. And this is the most optimistic comparisons.

P
ProPsyh 04.09.19

warp 37
Give an example of bad optimization! Or specifically the game, which is worth buying to ask for a refund! And don't forget to add that in this product, in your opinion should fix and how to do it!