3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Ripper Man 07.10.19 01:54 am

5 games that gave us a breath of fresh air

What games, in your opinion, leaving the light showed us something we had never seen before in the gaming industry?
Well, as for me, this includes:
1. Limbo - after it I found out that on PC you can see the platforming and pretty decent.
2. Bioshock:infinite - the feeling when the plot resolves and steers.
3. Life is strange - walk simulators have never been so emotional.
4. Goat simulator - though I have not played it, but I remember that after the Internet was suddenly flooded with all sorts of simulators of different shit.
5. DayZ - this thing opened many interest in multiplayer running for and the rat.
Call your options!
14 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 07.10.19

S. T. A. L. K. E. R.
TES
FALLOUT
Commentary on these episodes I think are unnecessary,it's just the titans of the gaming industry,unique in its kind that will forever remain in the memory.

Dead space is a completely new mechanic to the destruction of enemies starting with the original weapons in the form of a cutter with the possibility of changing the angle of the beam and finishing by the enemies with the original system of zonal injuries where the head is now not the weakest point (the opposite head injury makes necromorphs even angrier and more aggressive),and shot off limbs can be used as a very effective weapon.

Almost any game Arkane Studios can be taken as an example, whether Dark Messiah of Might and Magic,Dishonored or Prey they are a vast number of original ideas and mechanics.

And still a ton of games to list.
F. E. A. R.
Portal
Singularity
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Mass effect
Clive Barker's Jericho
Remember Me
Prince of Persia, etc.

w
william1992 07.10.19

Ripper Man
Looks like you're too young, just only take the Infinit. The first is no worse than
But about goat simulator....I also have not looked yourself, you have to put something)

d
darkpromo 07.10.19

saa0891
Stalker is a niche product that only the CIS has the popularity, where it has become a gaming giant, and more on a par with polychem

w
william1992 07.10.19

darkpromo
Lol. In the West the Stalker is not much less popular than us
A lot ambitious mod still comes from Europe

f
faniswest 07.10.19

it is necessary to take retro classics battle toads and the Witcher before the
and metal gear (solid snake ) PS1
final fantasy 10 PS2
unknown (The Nathan Drake) PS3
red dead redemption 2 (Arthur Morgan) PS4

s
saa0891 07.10.19

darkpromo wrote:
Stalker is a niche product that only the CIS has the popularity, where it has become a gaming giant, and more on a par with polychem
Even if that were the case (although you have above cited examples),what I do may be a case where this popular product,the most important thing for me in this series lots of original ideas and mechanics,and still no one has done anything similar,about what the original buns make global modifications I'm not even saying this in a multimillion dollar AAA projects and close don't.

l
legusor 07.10.19

5 pieces of for example, a particular games, which I don't see in the gaming industry today:

1. Xpand rally xtreme. mechanics of damage and the ability to blow up the machine (2006, PC). one could argue the presence in our days of BeamNG Drive, but it's not a game, a stupid game with questionable physics simulation, and it is not in a full release, stupid eternal early access.

2. Fallout 1,2. the opportunity to blame the child (1997, 1998, PC).

0. MSAA antialiasing don't see in modern games at all, disable the soap is also rare.

3. Sonic 3D blast. an example of how you can really squeeze out of gland all of this and more, completely changing the view is not just about the game concept, but about the appearance as a whole (Sega genesis, 1996). the last milestone for me was the transition from fifth to sixth generation gaming consoles, where the technological gap was huge. starting from seventh generation and our days but with gaming mechanics in General are treading water.

4. Dino crisis 1. it's just a unique game in every sense, this was not BEFORE nor AFTER. you can certainly recall a series of jurassic park on nes and Sega, but then just look at these games and feel the difference (PS1, 1999). PS. crapcom said that the announcement of the project in the universe dino crisis is expected not earlier than in March-April of 2020.

5. arx fatalis, sin (+ episodes: emergence), fahrenheit, dark messiah of might and magic. CHICKS. in modern games there are no Chicks that want virtual to return again and again and again and again and again and again over the years, or ever. someone may object to me some quiet from MGS5, but just look at Stephanie Justen, her jaw with ears in 3D, and the sausage once povnet (figuratively speaking). and besides, I more or less die (PC, 2001, 1998 (+2006), 2005, 2006). PS. in arx fatalis do, you can fuck the Princess. and this is in 2001, the sex scenes in an RPG OMAYGAD! there are of course wizards, but stupid plus exclusively for the technical implementation trakhov, nothing revolutionary, not created, since it was already up, and the characters teloche, especially in part 3, not as catchy, I mean, not remembered anything. there is a carafe, Yes, and dick with it.

D
Dogmit 07.10.19

perhaps only from Kojima's new game is a breath of fresh air, the rest is all a hundred times already seen

M
MunchkiN 616 07.10.19

hard to otvetiti because it is not very hosho know the industry
if you miss the period up to 2000 years
this probably Diablo 2, with its system of death and loot
then this probably is such a thing in ARX fatalis that you can bake all sorts of bread as interactive objects in the world and magic where you course wave conjuring and baptized. chips interesting but did not catch on in the industry.
then is emotional dialog wheel in mass effect
then parkour assassin
well, I guess Tama seamless gameplay starsinthesky when the ship is a ship and you're always human and can simple go out and network and go to the station and the planet and network of anywhere to get up and walk. this RPG has always hotelos. formally, it had dusty in assay 4 black flag.
was still andaka game of alone of z dark cajica - Tama in the total inventory was right on the embedded character. infinitely remote was the same grandfather the spice of the year, the health bar as if the character were those to evaluate character by his appearance (but formal is not really big news so my PA in the first polfce it was and then in many games with imaginary dudes where Tama saline the madness nalazili and the character icon such becomes peck-peck gg or bruises so broken) but in all these cases the character is not part of the world itself.
that's all the gameplay I found amusing
well, there are cool games like рдр2 the Witcher 3, gta5 and the rebirth of the legendary series of fallout 4 where you get loot and craftily whole poseleniya itself crashing

MSAA antialiasing don't see in modern games at all, disable the soap is also rare.
scraa just the fact that amsea this deferred method because it does not work well with transparent objects. second, it seems like designed for smoothing areas on the borders of the polygons. because now a lot of polygons it will be strongly in the negative to the performance and the quality of the performance will be comparable to the full-screen supramundane plus it is unclear what it will do with tracing. therefore, for smoothing easier and more profitable to use the upscaling in high resolution interpolated into a smaller pass deferred renderer buffers
but yuzaetsya temporal myltse as a result. so I pitch you know.

p
potter790 07.10.19

1. Need for Speed: Underground/2, the contribution of these two games is quite difficult to overestimate. Not that that would be very kind never seen before, but before them in the race, I tried to take anything from real life, with the release of this game happened the reverse process, which continues to this day. Much of the design and upgrade of the machines were taken out of this game, and still does. :)
2. Area 51 game is not rightly known. At the time, it was the explosion of the brain, which combines shooter and intellectual component, offering the player to infer. You could say it is the founder of intelligent 3D games.
3. S. T. A. L. K. E. R. needs no introduction. First, the well-known atmosfere. When you start the game with half an hour I ran around Silka near the village newcomers thoughts here etaa yeah. Anything similar was not. A large proportion of added rasveta sunsets, they could enjoy forever. Cloudy weather, rain, especially in the Dark valley, really really dark. Then CHN came out on Dx10, so finally.
In the second ballistics. It was the first, and probably the only game in which I saw her. First times passed, guns were collected abruptly, and when prochukhan that the Kalash is possible to shoot almost like in real life, long short.. ugh. The system a-life, not that it really was nothing like this, and it really didn't convert, but what was his was an original.
4. Mass Effect and now this series top mind game in the genre kosmoopery. There is nothing similar today. And how the plot did a restart, it's just removal of the brain. That we can, we can.
This can be attributed to the recent Control, not that she'd made something new, just personally, I have a niche intellectual games buried. Thought there was one ME, it will be bent and you can about these games to forget. But no, out here is a game that was even somewhat unexpected. Its output has shown that, not afraid to make these games, and it's a given mass of the modern gamer.
5. And even then I don't know, I don't remember the game I was personally interested, and prevoznici personally to me a breath of fresh air. Psi will GTA3, determine the form of the GTA and its clones, already read it at 18 years.

R
Ripper Man 07.10.19

william1992
I tried from the last selection

[
[Denis Aleksandrovich] 07.10.19

darkpromo
darkpromo wrote:
Stalker is a niche product
After the Stalker at any buffoon to play how to wank after sex.Only the sounds of shots in Stalker are worth

legusor
legusor wrote:
MSAA antialiasing don't see in modern games at all
It all depends on which diagonal you play and what resolution.If a pixel is meager, such sparka Monica to anything

p
potter790 07.10.19

[Denis] wrote:
It all depends on which diagonal you play and what resolution.
Yes, but that's not it. Sample MSAA anti-aliasing, and on high resolutions it becomes highly visible.
Spoiler
Not only that, it eats loads of resources on this sample, so even in 4K with this a little confused. Probably why he stopped using.

P
Pecos_Bill_2.0 07.10.19

Think a breath of fresh air, in games for everyone. For me personally, the guy who played in some sereznye RPG, a breath of fresh air became more unconventional games such as The Path, Fran Bow, Alice Madness Returns, Badland, Life is Strange and Ori and the Blind Forest. Through these and similar projects, I hike reconsidered my attitude to the games. Now I pay more attention to something unusual than just on gameplay but would zadrotit.