3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20 05:02 pm

ASUS R9 280x DirectCU II TOP problem

Hi, the problem I have. After a week of use began to show artifacts in games . Took it to STS and it tested 4.5 hours, said that the defect is not detected. Searched the Google and found a very interesting thing http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43057-R9-280x-DirectCU-II-Top-Artifacts!! .The problem is not just me alone.

I put the beta drivers 14.6 and 14.4 artifacts were also. They manifest themselves most in Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs, War Thunder did not notice.

Computer configuration
i5 3570K not overclocked
Asus P8Z77-V LX
Kingston HyperX 8GB
Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W
Windows 8.1 64bit
Maybe the PSU is weak?

Here is a video with artifacts:
63 Comments
Sort by:
D
DartMaul 22.04.20

Hello.

This is not exactly true to the power supply.
To start, try to raise voltage on the GPU, check to will be whether the artifacts. It is important to diagnose the problem.
I often sit on the rog forum, if you need to ask the question to the right people.

-
-SK.art- 22.04.20

MisterMIKL

during the game remove the temperature reading of the chip.. I really wonder..

M
MKUltra 22.04.20

-EBN-
And graphs of frequencies of the GPU, memory, download GP laid out. From MSI Afterburner. The something similar to the 7950, and have not solved the problem completely.
Although you probably just overheating, maybe this vidyuhi very hot.

D
DartMaul 22.04.20

simmerr
this vidyuhi very hot
You apparently are not familiar with hot vidyagame.

On the basis of the desired post of the author it is necessary to understand that the card in stock, no overclocking.
As Top version differs from the normal only factory overclocking, this is likely to be the problem. The chip just pulls these frequencies with this voltage. (Look for one ASIC)
Of course it can be a long brawl with garantili convincing them that it is a monstrous defect and demand a replacement, but I would have just flashed the BIOS from the normal DC2 and relaxed. If you need overclocking to do it manually.

M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20

Well, today I'll try and lay out:)

-
-SK.art- 22.04.20

simmerr
Although you probably just overheating, maybe this vidyuhi very hot.

and my situation was just the opposite - the artifacts in the form of white spots flickering in Les in-game DayZ Mod and on the desktop (sometimes appearing as triangles on the rollers of the author's theme) when a card is not warmed in the game nifiga (when the temperature was 55-62 gr.). It is worth it to warm up (before play launched on 10 minutes of furmark) - artifacts disappeared. However, these things I was last summer, now this kind of not.. Though, recently started playing the new Wolfenstein, so there is one roller on the game engine a couple of times noticed artifacts in the form of pink spots. XS that it was a glitch of the game or the card/wood. But it seems no longer seen.

D
DapyyD 22.04.20

to MisterMIKL
probably local overheating VRAM/power units

M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20

Yesterday I couldn't,today I will lay out. And if you update the BIOS of the video card,there seems to be written that corrects artifacts

M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20

Lasar Puhrovsky
Maybe just one time I looked and they are somehow close to them

d
dobro4insky 22.04.20

MisterMIKL
I read somewhere that ASUSa,curve thermal paste,changing that down 10-15 degrees...Not recommended to change the thermal paste,your warranty will fly,but none can change completely, with such bullshit.

M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20

dobro4insky
Is unlikely to change TC for 14 days have passed, I even went to STS and they said that everything good =\

M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20

Played a round and artifacts was not, the room was hot (Sunny side) the drivers from ASUS, Catalyst 14.4.

M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20

Maybe going again in SC and ask to change the cooling on the graphics card, although the warranty flies, right?

D
DozoRRR 22.04.20

There does not curve thermal grease and cooling system DirectCU II, when choosing a card, read a lot of forums and articles, so in the cooling system of the tube immediately adjacent to the chip, and sometimes comes marriage, if poorly installed heatsink on the chip, then one of the tubes may not be adjacent to the chip and stupid to stand, or there are small gaps between the tubes.

P. s do Not be so hot to change from cooling. We must try what I wrote above: reset frequency (I by the way it helped on my old HD4870 none), or to add voltage.

d
dobro4insky 22.04.20

DozoRRR
when choosing a card, read a lot of forums and articles
Yeah,and chose a racket...the paste is there to change and everything becomes normal...

D
DozoRRR 22.04.20

dobro4insky
But my guelke, apart from the noise there is no more problems and chasing great. The more recently bought 3 more in the cooler case and put a curve in running the cooler in MSI Afterburner to quiet worked. And everything is fine at +30 in the room, so I'm happy.

M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20

Reduced frequency to 970, everything is just fine. We'll see what happens, the campaign is even cooler put on the bottom

M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20

Today again there were artifacts, the feeling that they appear randomly. The graphics card temperature is 69-70 degrees

M
MisterMIKL 22.04.20

As for how many you can safely add voltage?

D
DartMaul 22.04.20

MisterMIKL
Yeah there in the BIOS are limited to anything more than 0.1 v to throw. So all that is available - everything is safe.