3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
kerm68 02.05.20 09:09 pm

Engine GTA: LCS (Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories)

Let us discuss here the game game GTA LCS from R*. As I noted the engine of this game pozaimstvovan from GTA VC, but it was a little improved and to it added a few elements of the game GTA SA. However it turned out well.
62 Comments
Sort by:
G
GTAman 02.05.20

And the fact that GTA: LCS on the game GTA: VC
LSS from your engine. This is the official information.

P
Palmont 02.05.20

GTAmanъ
Of course, but the basis is exactly VC, otherwise can not explain Moto/air transport, in particular the model VCN Maverick, Hunter fully managed in the game. Distinctly remember the phrase, writing almost all the reviews based on the VC engine, so easy to...system.

S
SunriseMoon [Vzloman Y kl 02.05.20

*Shrugs*

G
GTAman 02.05.20

In the sun — RenderWare, in LOC — not RenderWare. I don't know whether it is possible to say that something is taken as a basis.

k
kerm68 02.05.20

And it is not clear in the physics of the game is that it is very close to VC?

G
GTAman 02.05.20

Are you saying that LSS on RenderWare or what?

S
Sidorovich Haker 02.05.20

Of course on RENDERWARE, I there is even a file that IMGTool opens normally found (anim/cuts.img)

G
GTAman 02.05.20

To fit the whole city on the tiny UMD disc and adapt monumental GTA the needs of the portable gaming system without losing the atmosphere of the series, the task is difficult, therefore, to work on the game, Rockstar North has attracted another Studio Rockstar Leeds. Both teams decided not to move anything from GTA 3 in a new project, and to rebuild the town, with the Foundation. And to achieve the maximum from PSP-quality graphics and textures, Rockstar refused the services of the Renderware technology, which was created by the GTA of the last generation. For 2 years the company has developed its own latest software kernel.
http://www.softclub.ru/news/article.asp?id=323

Those who watched the executing LSS file, saw it from RenderWare was nothing left, everything is completely rewritten from scratch under the console aunts, Sony - PSP and PS2. The engine is cross-platform, maybe this storiesy not have ported for PC. Even a full-fledged modding it is not possible to format the IDE engine is not supported + instead of names are used by caches + the principle is download the maps of the WRLD is fundamentally different from that used in RenderWare.
http://www.gta.ru/forums/gta_liberty_city_stories/621758/#569056

S

Then where:
1. A helicopter from Vice city
2. Loadscreen from Vice city (resources)
3. Otkryvaete some game used IMG files in IMGTool (and Possibly all if .dir file to find (for some it is not enclosed))

PS Here is one of the four really new engine and new city, and here everything old is current again redesigned, climb on resources and you will find the scraps from both three-pointers and Vasey.

S

Conclusion: In GTA LCS upgraded engine, Renderware, different from those used in earlier versions, but retaining the main features.

G
GTAman 02.05.20

What have all sorts of scraps in the form of tiles and objects? You read what is written above about the functioning of the game.

G
Grand Theft Aero 02.05.20

Well, it wrote direct experts!Game developers probably!

S

Well then, I'll simple ask the question why they VCN Maverickk on the new engine convertible?
What then is the envelope campaign is not necessary, here in Vice City too, the new engine, but all the files from treshki come to the Weiss, is the same, that is, as I say upgraded under the console version of RenderWare. (Although I do not exclude that developed in this context gave it a new, unknown to me the name.)

G
GTAman 02.05.20

Well, it wrote direct experts!Game developers probably!
To understand how something works does not necessarily need to be a developer for this.

why are they VCN Maverickk on the new engine convertible?
What's the Maverick, right? What's he doing in the game is a separate issue.

Functioning the engine is not as RenderWere, even if something in it similar to RW, to say that it is its version is incorrect.
The official information reported about the new engine;
In the list of games on RenderWere Wikipedia LSS does not appear.

You except empty arguments no arguments can not lead.

And yet I'm here is wanted:
for a basis it is taken as VC, otherwise can not explain Moto/air transport, in particular the model VCN Maverick, Hunter fully managed in the game.
You might think, aircraft and motorcycles except on RenderWare will not follow.

S

for a basis it is taken as VC, otherwise can not explain Moto/air transport, in particular the model VCN Maverick, Hunter fully managed in the game.
You might think, aircraft and motorcycles except on RenderWare will not follow.

Will realize, but in LCS the physics of aviation and motorcycles repeats the physics of VC, i.e., somehow this part of the engine remained unchanged.

Although, I think we all greatly digressed LCS-flying a Dodo,Maverick...EVER!Why?
However after reading my, not only my previous posts all becomes clear: developers were too lazy to finish the city, and time was running out.

D
DvxNL 02.05.20

For example in the game on PSP Jackass: The Game uses RenderWare. At the beginning of his Intro. Graphics of the game itself is very similar to GTA LSS and VSS. Coupled with the arguments about resources and pieces of the sun/3 the conclusion is that it is ported RenderWare. It seems there are still a few psp games

G
GTAman 02.05.20

Will realize, but in LCS the physics of aviation and motorcycles repeats the physics of VC, i.e., somehow this part of the engine remained unchanged.
And zero to do very similar physics.

For example in the game on PSP Jackass: The Game uses RenderWare.
This in no way suggests that LSS on it.

G
Grand Theft Aero 02.05.20

But why?

S

Grand Theft Aero[Drives a Lada Priore]
But why?
Exactly why do exactly the same what is already done, then would they have improved the physics to the level of GTA: SA

G
GTAman 02.05.20

Why do it when and available enough? And on performance, I think the use of physics, is the same as in SA, would not the best way.