3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dan4MerC 12.10.19 02:35 pm

Heavy Rain - Discussion and Information (Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer)

Probably all heard that developed Fahrenheit took up a new game and watch so we are waiting for...

May 10, 2006 – Sony is actively demonstrating their games within E3 2006. Among them, and a new project of Quantic Dreams "Heavy Rain". Let's get closer. Passing the crowd of onlookers waiting for our slight disappointment. Alas, but to play the game we did not succeed. All we see on the stand only a demonstration of technical capabilities of the engine. But what!

Enough for a few seconds to understand how much detail the developers have thought about the facial animations in the game. During the conversation the heroine, every muscle moving in the most natural way. When she raised her eyes, wrinkled her eyebrows, when she smiles, there are specific folds on the face.

Talk about the environment: everything looks very realistic. Glassware refracts and reflects light. In the far corner visible characteristic Shine of a metal pan. Each subject complements the other, creating the desired atmosphere of the room. Look at the screenshots and you will understand our enthusiasm.

Meanwhile, we see a dramatic change in the mood of the heroine. Demonstration literally makes us believe in what is happening on the screen. She gets up and goes to another part of the room, in her hand a revolver visible. In just a few seconds, the heroine puts a gun to his head. After a while the tension subsides. Now you can exhale and wipe clean with a damp cloth his forehead. All the evidence suggests that the developers of Quantic Dreams really obsessed with the genre of interactive movie.

"Our goal was to show not just a way of life, but also his emotions, his feature," says David cage (David Cage), the founder of Quantic Dreams and Heavy Rain Director. "In Quantic Dreams believe that emotions will be a key component of many next-generation games, so we are investing capital to create a truly virtual actors. To expand the range of emotions in games, so to expand the audience of the game. Our demonstration is just a beginning, a starting point, but I hope that we attracted attention and many will follow.

The engine is Heavy Rain supports

* Detailed facial animation (eyes, tongue, etc.)
* Tears in real time
* Wrinkles on the face in real time
* Advanced skin tones.

Recall that the game developing at once under three platforms PS3, Xbox360 and PC.
65 Comments
Sort by:
J
Just RaSs 12.10.19

Dark knight Sparda
Firstly I am Famitsu do not believe because I sit there fanboi Sonya,I think the European editions of XP will not get above 8.5

D
Dark knight Sparda 12.10.19

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/heavyrain -89/100
http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/933123-heavy-rain/index.html -91.75/100

J
Just RaSs 12.10.19

8.9 well, the difference is not special

D

Well, not 8.9, and 90.375/100.

S
SvenGGD 12.10.19

Dan4MerC
soaring stuff etou CE. the computer is not require ,but would like to..

I
ICON-001 12.10.19

Super game , perhaps to break away will not be possible . But I have one question on the game . Why at the beginning of each mission, write the amount of precipitation , what is it ?

D

Heavy Rain banned in United Arab Emirates

S
SEM FIShER blin 12.10.19

and so Cho?

D

Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer
Author: Alexander Kuzmenko
Full text

Heavy Rain is the game which until the last moment everything was difficult. "Gambling" followed closely all the movements of Quantic Dream since the very first tech demo at E3 2006, where it became clear that the new project from the authors of Fahrenheit ("Best game 2005" version of our magazine) will be exclusive to the platform wasn't even released PlayStation 3. It seemed that it does not happen and a miracle: suddenly Sony gave almost unlimited financial and creative freedom of a small French Studio, and all that is asked in return, conventionally described by the phrase "Fahrenheit 2.0"...

As it happens, this is what we just did was not enough for complete happiness. What was started as a curious experiment for other people's money, ultimately resulted in almost one of the main reasons to buy a PS3. The main thing you need to know: Heavy Rain is fascinating, it is absolutely nothing on a similar game a whole new way to tell an interesting story and experience the deepest of emotional immersion. For the first time in many years, in order to convey the essence of the game, enough reviews from one simple and clear word: brilliant.
Precipitation

Heavy Rain starts with the sun, summer of the prologue. With the further development of the plot is spoiled not only weather, but also the relationship between the characters.

Architect Ethan Mars after the death of the youngest son divorces his wife, quits his job and for the second year in a row living in a state of deep depression trying to somehow establish a relationship with the second child, Sean. Ethan torment the ghosts of the past, memory lapses and nightmares, of which he only remembers the rain and the silhouettes of someone else's bodies lying in the water. After another aberration Mars wakes up on the roadway and finds that Sean has disappeared. The next day Ethan throw a box from under the Shoe, inside which the coloured paper strips origami folded in the shape of whimsical animals and birds, neat letters printed detailed instructions on what to do to save his son...

Meanwhile, with Mars on the trail of the thief, the maniac, whom the Newspapers called the Master of Origami — are the other main actors of Heavy Rain. FBI agent Norman Jayden is working according to official in a local police Department, private detective Scott Shelby is investigating the case on the previous kidnapping maniac and finds unexpected clues; finally, the journalist Madison Paige collects material for a book about Origami and at first he doesn't even know what you're getting into.

In Fahrenheit in the city every day was becoming colder and colder. Heavy Rain — do not stop the shower and every day raises the level of precipitation.
In such a situation, the ability to remain calm and continue the conversation with the robber in a hundred times more valuable than a good reaction.

The whole story of the hunt for a serial killer takes five game days, each divided into ten episodes. From Heavy Rain quite brisk and consistent timing, and form of presentation resembles a modern monumental series like "24 hours". The plot winds and confused like a forest path: main characters shakes among the scenes and decorations from one key event to another, their paths converge several times, lost, then again in a most peculiar way to intersect in one of the episodes the next day.
Theatre

To the psychologist Ethan Mars some time walking on the job.

Heavy Rain is very difficult to call a "game" (as in his time, and warned David cage, lead designer, writer, Director and indeed the chief ideologist of this complex event). But if we did describe it in usual terms, it is rather very expensive and elegant set quest with a completely nonlinear storyline. The main narrative line sketched only in General terms: is the maniac who has kidnapped the boy, and there are plenty of people who are trying to find both of them for a limited time. As a player you can influence the course of the investigation (to a lesser extent), and on the actions and fates of the Central characters.

To understand Heavy Rain, you can try to imagine not even a movie, and a theatre, which had protracted the performance, where the same scenery and the same actors play the same play... but every time in the new scenario For the overall direction of events more or less follow the "top", periodically gently directing the "correct" side insanely twisted storyline, but the Grand finale of all history, as well as the fate of the protagonists, is completely in your hands.

If detective Shelby is investigating the traditional methods, that agent Norman supplied the FBI trendy gadgets.
Actress Mary Smith that all these years we knew as "that girl from tech demos", in the final version of the game got the role of a prostitute Lauren.

In the first hours opportunities are genuine, incomparable delight, but penetrating into the system, you know that, despite the huge number of alternative versions of events, in terms of General structure and mechanics of the plot of Heavy Rain is still just "very advanced" Fahrenheit. However, advanced so much that there's nowhere. Technical perfection, every detail thought out story, as well as exorbitant by the standards of computer games, the level of acting — all this leaves no time for petty quibbles likovskij.
Sleight of hand

In the storyline, Madison Paige was no longer just hints at a possible sequel.

Have Heavy Rain there is one very important feature: in this game believe just as you believe in the story books or in reality a good movie. Moreover, this surprising effect is achieved not only and not so much because of the quality performances, and on the other, much deeper reasons.

The game is oversaturated with detail, and compared to the Fahrenheit level of interactivity decorations have risen to an unprecedented high level. If we talk quite simply, the gameplay boils down to rapidly pressing certain buttons at the moment when their picture appears on the screen. However, all known types, forms and combinations of quick time events in Heavy Rain are made at high quality level.

During some of the QTE feel of what is happening on the screen almost physically. Of course, the local government must be used, but half an hour later you'll be amazed at how naturally and simply done.

Heavy Rain is one of the few games in the description which absolutely seriously use terms like "acting".

Words it's hard to explain: the thrill of some action scenes in the game is so natural that some points are starting to catch on to the idea that calm and composure is one of the most important components of gameplay. What is especially nice complexity and frequency of the QTE can be changed at any time without leaving the game, so if the level of suspense of Heavy Rain you suddenly seems inadequate, just dig in the menu. On hardcore settings the game doesn't give second chances and requires incredible manual dexterity (for example, in human language, there is no name for that figure, in which the author of these lines had to twist arms to alternately clamp and hold eight of the most unexpected gamepad buttons). Conversely, at the lowest level of difficulty of Heavy Rain it is easy to master and infinitely far from the video game people.

Finally, now is not very customary to write about graphics in games — it is easier to refer to screenshots or videos, but in Heavy Rain case is very special. Until today, you definitely have never seen a more beautiful and technologically advanced games so vividly drawn characters.

Heavy Rain is reminiscent of another important PS3-exclusive, Uncharted 2. Both games clearly the next generation of video games, prototypes, early casts of "interactive entertainment of the future." And if Uncharted with all his samovar luster and the Hollywood swing was still game easily definable genre, Heavy Rain is really ahead of its time.

By and large it doesn't matter whether you spent the last twenty years, continuously sitting at the TV with a gamepad, or Heavy Rain would be a reason to buy my very first console: and in that and in other case, this game will not lose its amazing ability to amaze. The impressions, which will remain tight after two evenings in front of TV, enough for two dozen modern games, and similar emotions and experiences you just will not find anywhere else.

TRANSLATION: As in the case of Uncharted 2, on the Russian localization of the Heavy Rain clearly did not spare the budget: the quality of the final work, especially by the standards of the domestic game development prohibitive. All characters, even small children, adequate and high-quality voice acting, everything that happens looks like a perfectly dubbed blockbuster. Moreover, traditionally all officially localized PS3 games you can always on the fly to switch the game from Russian to any other officially supported language (up to obvious variants: Russian subtitles + English audio track, German text, Polish voice, etc.).

And although deep down the editors of "Gambling" understands that all this happiness was made possible thanks to the huge amount of space on the Blu-ray disc, we still do not get tired to put a serious approach Sony to localizations in the example all the rest. It turns out that it is still possible to please literally everyone from casual players to hardcore fucked with particular linguistic deviations.

Formula game: 50% Fahrenheit + 30% quality Thriller + 20% innovative QTE

Gameplay: 10

Graphics: 10

Sound and music: 10

Control: 9

Story: 9

Stability: 9

Originality: 9

Rating: 10

Localization: 3/3

l
live_4_ever 12.10.19

Hmm...this game strong. Now I understand why its on the PC does not want to release. Don't be such a buzz from playing on the PC than on the PS3. Therefore, it is not necessary to do it on a PC.

ICON-001 Dark knight Sparda already answered your question. Read his post.

A
Andre3014 12.10.19

Well, who knows where there is no videoprohozhdenie in Russian or at least with subtitles!?Do not be lazy please those who have a PS3 post your video walkthrough,because many do not have this dorogostaiskii console.They will look!It is so hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C
CFoster 12.10.19

live_4_ever
Not released on PC because Sony is the publisher. Catch the connection?

S
Sunrise480 12.10.19

The PC will not be released, not so, but because the PC it will not pull. Sony and games on the PC, can money to fuck, if at least some meaning of this was.

N
Naruto7 12.10.19

Sunrise480
I podstolya you chush carry on a computer is even more demanding games and the computer pulls them o_O
for example the crisis!and many firms (or call them) and don't want to make games for PC because of all the cracks etc (ie downloaded from the Internet and play it )

S
Sunrise480 12.10.19

Naruto7
Get out from under the table. Maybe I'll surprise you, but the Crisis is no longer the Acme of perfection of technologies and if you still think its the coolest and demanding, then I feel sorry for you. She's beautiful, I admit, but remember the year of its release... And for the record, it was not released on consoles not because it's got cool graphics. The developers were not afraid that consoles her not pull.

Better give me more any more demanding game, only modern, and what the configuration of the PC you can play them... But then you still remember the first FarCry... too, had once been a breakthrough... And by the way, for some reason, Crisis 2 will be released not only on PC, but on consoles... And this is not surprising, since on the one hand, promised that the game will be for PC, on the other, if they bet, as promised, on technology and graphics that only the PC version of the game, they will not pay for, and probably only to get the % of sales nVidia graphics cards, which can be sold after the game. In General, as it was before.

I like for GTA4 judge. Also not a new game, but the more serious of the same Crisis. I have not a top of course, but a fairly good comp. I think at most approximately the same configuration, maybe even easier. Processor Core2duo of 2.66, memory 6 Gigs, but we assume that 3 gig because of GTA I 32-bit XP can only run the GeForce GTX 260. So, I was playing on PS3, and when I came out for the PC, also bought to transfer her to play, because in English I don't always understand everything, and the meaning do not want to lose. And liked the game, why not go again...
Playing on the computer, I of course launched, and even passed a couple of LVL, but to call their actions a game is pretty hard... It was some sort of selection of optimal settings a little bit to increase the FPS... IN the end I did not want, nor Rousseau, nor games on the computer. If you're talking about a similar demanding games, so it is really normally play, you'll have a comp to invest the cost of 2 consoles... because only one video card that pulls these games costs around 400-500$, and it is more expensive than the same PS3. And what is the point of Sony releasing games for the PC in this case, and to spend money to change the platform, if the vast majority of computers medium settings on modern games not to play... They better whip Curling for some time, and then maybe Microsoft will sell for Boxing... And on the PC, when most will adjust the configuration of their computers for such games, this game will not be relevant...

And you can talk all you want, that I am delusional, I just think logically and on the spot Sony would not miss an opportunity to make money, if this was at least some sense

N
Naruto7 12.10.19

Sunrise480
1)In any demanding game I play at max without lag, without exception
2)on the console release because of piracy on the PC that's hard to understand o_O
3)GTA requirements we can and seriously on the chart does not!
4)your lag in GTA objasniti the fact that the PC graphics dumb idea because of all sorts of bells and whistles on the PC (WMS Dirext 10) on consoles is like 9 direct.
on consoles these games do not slow down because there is worse graphics and less chance of chips of the type POSIX Dirext 10,11
the console does nemone except Protsiv in particular SP3.RAM vidyuhi not purse nemozne!we can nothing no answer vseravno rights at least 80 % DX

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 12.10.19

The first Crisis is now successfully ported to a console, perchem augmented (at least for PS3), so let's see the Kauai schedule it, they will be given
Legalnosti ГТ4 can only be explained by two words: game and PORT
Consoles games do not slow down not just because of the graphics, and because these consoles them SHARPENED, optimized, correctly used the resource console. In this respect, it is more profitable vypustila console at least in ease of development: it is not necessary to test several tens or hundreds of configurations to study glitches and brakes, the console resource is known and it is large enough. Two years ago it was thought that the best graphics in Killzone2. Yes, I agree, in terms of models of the Persians cooler then not seen, but the Crisis caught the eyes of another: plants and generally the island, it saved everything. Then came Uncharted2. And now Heavy Rain and soon God of War 3. Here between the last and decide where better graphics.

See, it mixed the two well-known holivar: for the graphics and for a console vs a PC. People say, you to graphics is that it is played? Yes, technology, Yes, beautiful. But cricitise because of a combination of pixel and matrix silly. Need graphics - go outside or look in the mirror

In this dispute I'm on the side Sunrise480 because his words are justified (correctly written)

S
Sunrise480 12.10.19

Naruto7
1) I am not saying that these games can't play on the PC. I talked about how much will this PC cost and how many PC owners will be able to afford this configuration. By the way - plz give your configuration a computer where you have all the games to the max play. The cost of your computer I will count, one count up how many people got the same computer, and whether game developers to focus on you. After releasing the product it is impossible not to take into account how many people will be able to buy...
2) Piracy too, but if it was a key factor - the PC does none of the game would not let go. Russia and Ukraine are not major consumers of software for the PC, I would even say they had very few people focused. And in the West, piracy is not so common. So that is not the case.
3) In GTA4 you, too, to the max play? If so, hats off to you, I can not afford a computer can afford, and I do not see sense... And as you have rightly pointed out, it is not only the chart. There are other requirements to a computer for a normal game. And if the console is doing a fine job, then PC, if not one or the other, and try to make a game for all kinds of comp...
4) the consoles have their chips, which compensate for, if not all, most of the chips Rechnyh graphics cards. But that's not it. Let the picture is a little blurred and not as perfect as on PC, but I, for example, playing in the same GTA4 on the PS3 did not even think about the performance of computers, consoles and in General about some of the technical specifications. I just enjoyed a game where everything is beautiful and everything is flying. And let the picture clarity is slightly inferior to the PC, I even did not occur to them to compare... But on the PC I can't even disable all the bells and whistles of graphics, of which you speak, and to get a little normal play, I have to do minimal setup, to everything more or less moved... In the end it turns out that the game on the PC, nothing bought. Similarly, I'm sure many have thought, who have at least some choice. But the rest who has downloaded just suffer for the brakes...

In General, in relation to the console - Yes, computers have catch up and surpass them in features. Only you're forgetting that the console is tuned for games, and consoles are used to the maximum. In addition, the console is much cheaper and all have the same configuration, no need to think about the compatibility of iron. But the PC, even with much better features such as braked and will brake, because of the OS that eats resources, and the rest of the software running in the background. Plus hardware of all computers is different. All still not please everyone. So I don't even argue with your point of view and computers abruptly got the same Curling iron. But how many people can afford it your configuration of the computer? And is it worth it to pay a little more for a clear picture, despite the fact that through a floor of year-year will be a new game, and the computer again out of date... In General I have moved away from the topic.... To raise debate about what is better PC or console I didn't mean... I just described my point of view, so you didn't fall under the table with my comments...

N
Naruto7 12.10.19

ALeXandeR Umbra
no augmented graphics PA navypuskal SP3 and nothing neorecruit only the second part delotta so to put it mildly Purdy here.
Sunrise480 if you're so logical always rassuzhdaet why Natasha to me in PM and posmotrel what my config of a computer strange can not you so and logically think o_O.
you can not count the cost of my comp I took it for 6.000 UAH it was just then when the dollar started to go up.
C where did you get that piracy in the West raspostranen just the opposite!how do you then obyasnish now on all their projects AAA class Ubisoft booth to put a new defense (if neznaesh about what I ask Umbra) ETA sewn on PC konechnoje.
you played so well on the consoles not because Ani is not a purse because that is all Ani the same ((in terms of toppings)I hope you understand that in Boxing its and Sony own)ie from this it follows that the console is much easier to optimize the game.
and think how many different PC now I guess many people have many different PC
ktomuzhe you probably forgot quite small(for you probably small) minus the console so that's how much are the games on the console(the box doesn't it it can prosity and roll bars with a computer skolkov you like) but Sony how many disc one STOT 700,900 1500,2500 rubles? mine is better to buy a PC than have to spend so much money on these drives I don't think a lot of majors like you(nafobeda) or Zadar*tov the same game
OK to fall under the table won't be now will quietly climb under the table )
Vobshem I PARTIALLY understand your point of view you mine.
2)losses so che then scribbled Alexander
three two year and now the graphics have a crisis, you then obyasnish that the first crisis he received the title of the schedule in 2007, then in 2008 warhead mine two years ago étoges 2008 o_O
even if I oshibayus that somewhere after 10 months do you argue nebules as bydet the second crisis and again 2-3 years will be etalonom graphics
but for me (and I think not only for me, except for you two) the first crisis of the experiments remains etalonom graphics
Especially if I bought a Curling iron that BU also bought ATO that nothing I bought it))))
now if something I'm wrong or something Yeshe e-mail in PM to nasacort this beautiful forum, all the same, here another game debated by!!!!

C
CFoster 12.10.19

Sunrise480
Sony releases games on PC because they spetsializiruyutsya on its platform - PS.