3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NightGameMassacre 16.05.20 08:56 pm

Do you understand what game engine is made?

Do you understand what game engine is made? And if so, how?
I just noticed that I can feel that the game is made on a particular engine, Les to check...but I was wrong.
5 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 16.05.20

during a soap kintz I was often understandable on what engine sealed of the popular CMS
because unreal engine 3 has given a specific texture compression and lighting in terms of baked shadows and shaders and the games it was used, plus or minus.
further, each engine had a specific set of shaders which flowed plus or minus from game to game.
then there was the shit of Engin 3. it is widely used parallax who sailed as usual for the parallax and there was such trouble that there was glare from the lights in the materials, and they used to show through partially overlapping geometry. is Tae kid on the marble and he has a flare through the leg is mirrored. in strictest remember a few years ago there was a presentation where it was like a cinema and there glowing flare was on the floor under the chairs of the auditorium so that the ears BE3 dash there either stuck or sticking. and when he the simulator hangar, I watched it and felt something familiar and shit of Engin chtoli? and sure shit of Engin...
then probit kladenets was possible to know. how pravelo there is a good Rafik writing with LPV possible with tessellation (and basically it was and is the only engine which it obosit in real games) but poor stupid water always compared with crusecom frostbayt... and even in the Andromeda in my water is a simple such chtuka with refraction worthy 2008-10 year. and in dragon age Inquisition she is dull opaque where it is not necessary. I do not know why
in the era of the physically correct teksturkami to distinguish the engines is more difficult because grafoner should be the same everywhere, roughly in terms of response to light. despite the fact that types of PBR like it (different packing like texture maps) the result is always the same.
but how would UNII 5 and уе4 in the early stages it was possible to distinguish. have UNII default sort worked fine global illumination because if the game claimed to be but there was the dynamic lights and normal water oddly enough (possible because of asset kakovata). уе4 have usually tried to use as static so there was grafon. and there the glare was regulated in the frames of PBR and almost had no leaks (at least if there is shadowmapping and all sorts of gadgets) have уе4 in turn had problems with transparent materials. there was the shade it was cool but glass peck-peck. and just like in version 4.25 like how to start a physically correct prosrochki. (although the same engine from AC4 and the Witcher 2-3 on the move could make shadowmapping water).
well, there BE3. for some time he collapsed and looked like that constantly and sadly (because it was, like its counterpart PBR initially). then he had Svoge. and Svoge bad blunt worked with vegetation therefore appears black trees and deep shadows in the crowns and travona is BE3-5 most likely. (although уе4 may be something similar but I'm not in indie not AAA games like this is not seen).
and now, like for other engines and games in addition to уе4 I don't watch so I don't know what innovations and grafone we can expect from those or other games.
and finally me as she was not interested in what engine the game uses what and more interested in what restrictions are placed on grafoner the particular engine is most likely to impose. now as it looks like all the top engines possibly tightened. and there are still a lot of engines with no games...
conductive current frostbayt worried that if there will be a new masseffect or dragon age there will be a static light bad stupid if he is likely only under DHR.

r
requiemmm 16.05.20

Sometimes. If the game weighs a lot and eats a lot, thus representing a primitive that real programmers occupy maximum megabytes(well, if the wheels, disc, CD) is unity. On unity is a full game large good quality, but this is the exception rather than the rule. Basically, it's a shelter for inept and stupid.

A
Anderby 16.05.20

No, I do not care. I'm playing a game, and not what they are made.

When you read the book too see more material pages and binding than the text?

l
longerr2007 16.05.20

Put a big and long on these engines.

L
Lightninggg 16.05.20

The third Unreal Engine nightmares for a long time dreamed of after an incredibly large number of games with mediocre graphics and physics in the era of the 7th generation of consoles.