3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VICH68 18.05.20 08:30 pm

Time machine

Lord, if you had a time machine, or some other device to time travel, how would you have used?
49 Comments
Sort by:
y
yariko.v 18.05.20

kogwinovanton
On the excursion? Or one end?
I do not see much sense to move that far in the future, IMHO. Because who knows, people dirtied the planet to 9999 year that in the future walking without the mask and costume radioprotective death.

y
yariko.v 18.05.20

A. Soldier of Light wrote:
Although to begin with I would like to know which of the two major theories closer to the truth:
1) Changes in the past instantly change and the future, a single time spiral and TP.
2) Changes in the past (as well as the fact your journey to the past) create an alternate branch of the universe
I feel closer to the second option. As is known, a single spiral of time can lead to certain collisions - the grandfather paradox. In this scenario, the essence of space-time loses all meaning, IMHO.
The second option eliminates the potential for conflict, in other words more believable.

One of the first I remembered movies about time travel trilogy Back to the future. There is just a variant of the uniqueness of space-time. There is an episode when the mother turimetta in the son from the future, which leads to conflict. However, the author decided not to disclose this issue in the film, and just keep silent about it. After all, if Marty has disappeared, you couldn't move in time, mother would not be able to crush him that would allow him to be born and go back.... Time moves from minus infinity to infinity. Recursion is a single spiral of time contradicts the existence of time. However, if you take into consideration the multiplicity of space-time, recursion is one branch of time will not lead to the collapse of time in other branches that in favor of the theory of plurality.

It turns out that closer to the truth of the second theory.

A
A.Soldier of Light 18.05.20

yariko.v wrote:
the grandfather paradox
Easily solved: who killed a grandfather, grandson disappears instantly and permanently, information about it is erased from the Universe (memory and all).

yariko.v wrote:
trilogy Back to the future.
In the movies that is remarkable: it makes use of both concepts. Then there is the creation of an alternative branch of history, and the single spiral of time (in the first movie, if you remember, Marty begins to fade, becoming translucent = is exactly the principle of a single spiral of time). In other words, the filmmakers are unable to come to a consensus about which of the two concepts works for them 8)

y
yariko.v 18.05.20

killed a grandfather, grandson disappears instantly and forever
...grandson disappears from a time forever!!
And where is the causal link? This condition contradicts the theory of uniqueness of time. And in fact makes it a plurality. That is, if we take the only branch of time (let's call it A). Grandfather after the disappearance of his grandson, ceases to exist in the branch and does not produce a grandchild, the grandchild can't come from the future And into the past and to do its dirty work. Which means that after the action of a grandchild in the past time split into A (to murder) and B (after the murder). How to distinguish a branch time of A on B?? Just, grandson disappears only in the branch A, branch B remains.

If we assume that branch B does not exist. Remains not clear...
grandson disappears instantly and for all the information about it is erased from the Universe (memory and all).
(1) grandson-in branch not existed, then who killed your grandfather? Logically, it could only make an existing grandchild, but not from branch A.
(2) any physical body has mass and energy, the instantaneous disappearance should in theory generate energy tending to infinity (E=mc^2). All this does not in favor of the first theory.

The theory of uniqueness is flawed. Maybe then look for flaws in the theory of plurality of space-time.

k
kile[Naturalnyy bolnoy na 18.05.20

All is solved very simply - the time travel is impossible.

W
Wing42 18.05.20

kile[Natural sick all over the country one such] wrote:
All is solved very simply - the time travel is impossible.
Wow! And you, it turns out that the fingers do not realized. Respect.

V
VICH68 18.05.20

Wing42
hahaha +100
just hats off to such fantastic erudition

k
kile[Naturalnyy bolnoy na 18.05.20

Wing42
Well, I'm not very intelligent and therefore know such an obvious thing until now. I'm sorry.

w
we get what we deserve 18.05.20

I subscribe to the words of the Soldier. Not the fact that change anything later will have a positive impact on your life. But I'd rather machine the memoirs to get into one of them and see if in person, because over time, their clarity is getting worse and worse.