3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
cer0307 19.05.20 07:05 pm

Is there hope for Russian language? (NieR: Automata)

of localization, or at least crack?
56 Comments
Sort by:
A
AlayaVijnana 19.05.20

LLIkologround
Anton Rodionov
But what about the discrepancies between Japanese and English voiceovers, and, accordingly, eng. subtitles all the right people wrote. I played with one and the other. Much to change the perception of the characters from this, and in rare places a very different meaning is obtained. Japanese more contrasting, emotional and hard. English smoother.

F
Filis 19.05.20

LLIkologround
Anton Rodionov
Kester
There is an official English localization of this game. Then there are some important uncle of publishers and developers hired the right people and those translated from Japanese(most likely). This was done, and their work is checked and accepted. Issued. Therefore the question: is sitting there so hacks and dunces that half of people with PG and ZOG(maybe the same, not checked) are they easy to read??? Maybe it's a local therefore so has ekspedirovanie? In any case, the game will translate to English, because of its experts is much more than hiragana, katakana, etc.
Most importantly, the people organized themselves, and calmly sawing the translation, and znatokom japoni like you, I doralice to that topic at all linked to was closed, for what you thank you!
P. S. 2 questions that torment me: 1) if you are a connoisseur of Japanese, why the hell did you forget in this thread, would in hiragana? and 2) Again, if that's not opinion experts, organize the team, and translate from Japanese, then rolled out to the public and ask someone lorney came out.
Only you would never do. Why? But because of shit in the comments is always easier than actually to do something.

D
DungeonMaster_xXx 19.05.20

Filis
I'm afraid the truth is that you're a degenerate. While some of the inconsistencies of the English translation with the original do not forget that emotions are transmitted through different voice in the English and Japanese versions. But in the Russian localization of all the disadvantages of the English translation, and even multiplied in debility translators.

F
Filis 19.05.20

DungeonMaster_xXx
What we wanted to prove. The whole point iksperdov: go to the person, because anyway nothing clever I can think of.

D
DungeonMaster_xXx 19.05.20

Filis
So I painted you the difference. Why don't you answer it?

A
AlayaVijnana 19.05.20

Filis
Hey, why are you so angry? Did someone say that some localization is better/worse? I was equally interested in listening and English. YAP. voiceovers. Just there is some difference and it affects perception, not to mention some of the details. Specifically in this game, a lot of the information inherent in the subtle details, the hints, the details of the images, including speech.
In the beginning of the game there is a scene of the first meeting and 2B 9S, where 9S is drawn to 2B respectful ma'dam (in jap. 2B-san). After a couple of dialogues 2B says, well, no need to be so formal, you can contact me just 2B.
In eng. speech sounds as the relationship of combat companions, companions. The position of the eldest in the team, 2B, Junior, support, 9S. All the rules.
In jap. speech drop san and treatment by the name usually very close to people and almost intimate, what are the causes of 9S some confusion (he stammers before agreeing).
It suggests NATO that they are not only now meet the end of the prologue adds the detail that the 9S first backup its memory, and its not time. Then again, in the end A her tears and the phrase it Always ends like this, and on the way to the end With information about the type of Android 2E and a bunch of mirrored situations in side quests... it Turns out such a bold reference to the fact that 9S does not support 2B, and 2B attached to 9S to roll back him when he sharpened as exploration Android scanner finds the truth about the project YoRHa and the destiny of mankind.
As you can see, a whole layer of meaning is lost.
On the other hand, the translation - thing paradoxical. I read like some of Heinlein Moon rigidly spreading (aka the Moon is a harsh mistress, eng. The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress). There in the Preface was an article about the peculiarities of the translation process. And the book to translate complex, as it consists of langovoy speech with the wild from the point of view of English grammar to build sentences, interspersed with words from other languages, including Russian. For fun I took the original in English. and compared three variants of translation. It was surprising that the most lively, congenial and shades of meanings were farthest from the original text translation. More verbally accurate translations lost 60 percent of meaning and emotion. Then I asked about this from a friend of the scholar-professional (he is 60), and he said to me, say, a literal translation of the artwork is meaningless, because languages and words are different. For a good translation you need to get used to the work, to understand not only the text but also the background, the circumstances of its writing, the identity of the author and actually write the work anew has its own language.
In General, what is it, I'm not calling for absolutely accurate transmission of the original, it's impossible. But to blame all a bunch of snobs think it is incorrect. Nier because of its symbolism and cross references are hard to translate from any language, it's like with poetry. Distortion and losses are inevitable. But precisely because of this diversity and want to see the most lively and full of relevant заDумке authors translation. This is the dilemma. This is the ending E.

C
CARPET5555 19.05.20

And it is possible somewhere to download the finished translation?

F
Filis 19.05.20

DungeonMaster_xXx
Kester
It is difficult to expect from interpreters Automata with English Japanese meticulousness. They will translate as best possible from that language. But some individuals, too japaneseromance and type know the original, your comments and trick only irritate and so for nothing (well, in the best case, absolutely not comparable with the efforts of Donat) working enthusiasts.
Know Japanese at this level that the difference in translation in English and she you feel powerful? Well, play on the hiragana, do not irritate people. :)
CARPET5555
The prologue was posted, like on all linked but there's gameplay on the hour translated.

A
AlayaVijnana 19.05.20

Filis
OK, agree with you there.

s
search3 19.05.20

Zog NieR: Automata Progress translation: 77.7 percent

M
MikuHadsune 19.05.20

Filis
And no one is unnerved, just people commented on the fact that under this translation the meaning is lost in the story, and the plot is the most important thing in this game.
PS And all the same it is better translation was from Japanese. and not with ang. I know people who calmly translate jap. visual novel and stay the same hiragana, and katakana.... and even with kanzi. YAP. language is much more colorful and multifaceted technical eng. I say so because I know both of you. And translation from eng. - this is the last thing to works of art, especially if they are written in Japanese. or Rus. languages!

F
Filis 19.05.20

MikuHadsune
To speak is a time to write and all, not one Yes, according to chew, acting on the nerves translators. From your statements still useless, do you not understand? Translators from English. at once the Japanese won't learn, the usual jdunham Ruzicka, for the most part, equally as lost all meaning in the details, they would be the primary to understand in their native language.
100500й ask again: what are you, Japanese people, not organized and didn't follow the translation of this wonderful game??? Just read on all linked (as long as the subject is not closed because of such statements, at a hundred times the same thing): Yes I am, Yes I am, you don't translate, the meaning is lost, the plot is lubricated, it will be impossible to play ,etc., etc.
If you are so clever - TRANSLATE YOURSELF with Japanese, Arabic, Hindi, Hebrew, Yes, what you want and prove by deeds, not stink in the comments.
People gathered, translate to English, because others do not know, for those who and Shakespeare is not strong.

M
MikuHadsune 19.05.20

Filis
Why do I have to sit and translate the game for days, weeks, months. I have a profession for which I pay. Why would I want to work for free? Another thing if only hired, then maybe this would bring together the team.
PS has long passed the game on PS4 with Japanese. voice acting and text=)
P. S. S. 2017 in the yard, it's time to learn ingle, all the same world language after all.

m
moblin 19.05.20

Filis wrote:
Japanese, Arabic, Hindi, Hebrew
There with English if th translate

s
saa0891 19.05.20

MikuHadsune wrote:
And no one is unnerved, just people commented on the fact that under this translation the meaning is lost in the story, and the plot is the most important thing in this game.
A good joke,and if the person doesn't know the language meaning is not lost.
Most amusing to watch the attempts of these forum,play the original if you like it,why bother to go into these threads and shit,right itching in the same place or something.

M
MikuHadsune 19.05.20

saa0891
Spoiler

F
Filis 19.05.20

MikuHadsune
MikuHadsune wrote:
Why do I have to sit and translate the game
Really, why? It's tedious, long and unpleasant, especially if you constantly teach you how, on my nerves. It simply stupid to stink in the comments, and getting yourself nerviruya enthusiasts and translators.

Thank God, there are people who are passionate about their hobby, in this case, transfer and generally do not pay attention to personalities, they are disturbing. At the same time helping people with bad language familiar or not familiar at all, to feel the games without the help of enthusiasts would be unavailable to them.

M
MikuHadsune 19.05.20

Filis
English lessons will remedy this shortcoming. At desire it is possible to learn and understand the game. But you have to work, huh? better to let uncle and aunt transferred and we halyavku play....

F
Filis 19.05.20

MikuHadsune
If you have no desire and time to translate the game, what makes you think that they will have the desire to learn the language? ;)

M
MikuHadsune 19.05.20

Filis
Because it is necessary them, because they're waiting for the translation. It is foolish to sit and wait for what you all do and give ready. And the desire to translate will appear if A is need you the most, and B-you will pay for it.