3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
asd1977 20.05.20 10:17 am

Technocrats Vs Humanities

In dealing with the techies had to deal with the opinion that technical science is much more difficult in understanding than humanitarian. Thanks to the techies we have all the benefits of our civilization - electricity, heat, modern appliances, etc. and all the techies who drive the progress.
A good engineer can be a humanist and humanitari a good engineer can't.

Had to meet opposing views.
They say these geeks-techies on what is not capable. Only understand their physics Yes sopromata, and in everyday life - people are useless.Whether business - sociology, political science, Economics. For them the world is kept

What do you think. Whether to divide science into more important and less important.
103 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dr. Manhattan 20.05.20

That engineering much harder - is without options. Anyone who graduated from a technical College, will tell how everything is difficult. So to master any humanitarian or economic specialty techies much easier than by scholars and economists. Clearly, if you have mastered probability theory, tensor analysis and physics, then any hitrozh*Puiu financial scheme, you will easily get it.

And in General, there is no such thing as a humanitarian mindset. There is only a technical mindset. Either you are able to understand all the math or not. And gumanitarny mindset all have.

O
Onotolevich 20.05.20

The concept of difficult is pretty relative. Hard for you when it for you new and unusual. ANY business, which you do constantly can be challenging. It can take a long time, require focus, patience, but you will not be difficult.

W
Witke 20.05.20

Myself belong to the techies, in General, I agree with the author, since the first paragraph.
P. S. the strength of materials is generally something. Even studying it superficially, because it is not particularly relevant to the nature of my work, I realized the smells of this 3,14 Dec.

B
Bobr luch 20.05.20

What is there to argue, technora facilitate the life of human. Humanists sistematizirovat his life and make harmonious.
That engineering much harder - is without options.
So at least compare the percentage of exceptions of humanitarian and technical universities.
And in General, there is no such thing as a humanitarian mindset. There is only a technical mindset.
I have personal observation I can not agree. Seen as a great physicist and mathematician could not assimilate the reasons for the defeat of the whites in the civil war (couldn't learn a few points), and the Humanities to be confused to multiply in a column.

S
Sima4 20.05.20

strength of materials is generally something.

and the reason I loved this piece. Five for the exam. :)

Remember that sitting on jobs sometimes up to 3-4 (night)in the morning. Since I love coffee, too :)

N
Nihiliant 20.05.20

and Humanities to be confused to multiply in a column.
Most people are corrupted.

L
Lord Stronghold 20.05.20

and I love for the Kalmar Union to play.

B
Bobr luch 20.05.20

Most people are corrupted.
It was our lecturer.

s
stalker7162534 20.05.20

Dr. Manhattan
the mechanic is outraged - what is a heart surgeon gets more than me? The surgeon is responsible - first try to sort out the running engine.

D
Dr. Strangelove 20.05.20

I hate myself for what has grown the Humanities. Seriously.

C
Cynic 20.05.20

Sanja Quiet
I mean that there is no unnecessary profession.(Well, except for lawyers and politicians)
Lawyers not needed? You, probably, all state, regional and local legislation know by heart with reviews and definitions, but still, just in case, and foreign and international?

D
Dr. Manhattan 20.05.20

It's not about whose profession is more important and difficult to understand. History, law, foreign languages - the essence of mastering all of these subjects to read and remember. In the technical Sciences it is also necessary to understand what you read. There is always sit above charts, diagrams and formulas, trying to understand the physics of the process. For example, I in any case understand what is written in the book design, Economics or medicine, if you sit half an hour on the Internet and clarify any unclear terms. Well, in the most severe cases may not be half an hour, and a day, but you can understand. I think economists and doctors will not argue with that. But if you open a textbook on oscillatory processes, you can at least until blue in the face to dig into encyclopedias and reference books, but still do not understand, if you have two years have not studied higher mathematics.

Seen as a great physicist and mathematician could not assimilate the reasons for the defeat of the whites in the civil war (couldn't learn a few points)

Could you elaborate? He couldn't see who got how many soldiers died of hunger, and who put rifles? I somehow find it difficult to imagine the reasons that difficult to understand. Maybe he just had an opinion on this subject (not history of exact Sciences, therefore, allows for an interpretation)?

4ertovwiG 20.05.20

to understand what you read
if the complexity is reduced to this, philosophy is more difficult

I
INjektion 20.05.20

but about complexity to understand

Ie determine tensile strength,ductility,melting point,nitriding or any normal stresses and so forth the things that you think are difficult?Not lie like a gas meter comrade.In General, all not so difficult as you describe.If you do not take into account what everythone theorem(from calculus and physics there) and so forth things.Read those books and schemes to watch..and to be honest it's not slightly harder than for example in some kind of legal intricacies to understand or to read some of the philosopher abstruse,where a hell of incomprehensible words.

The caveat here though is this.In solving problems..which in the Humanities is much less(well, what can be the problem of there history or political science?)...to write the report...this is not a mechanism (unit) to design and draw.And then of course there is nothing to say---techies hundred points of odds gives the Humanities.

Another thing is that Humanities subjects for self learning easier or something.Because not everyone in the school rules the teacher got or tutorial understandable.And Humanities, they are closer to everyday life,initially most sympathetic cause.

D
Dr. Manhattan 20.05.20

if the complexity is reduced to this, philosophy is more difficult

Yes, sometimes it is difficult to comprehend the meaning of vyser another philosophical when it makes no sense. But even with this philosophy does not match that of Matan.

INjektion, I don't know where you studied, if the theory of strength you have is limited to diagrammoi elastic-plastic state which would fit in the school curriculum. Of course, I understand that now everything is calculated in purpose, but even in this case, you need to at least plot the load and design the net. Actually, I don't know what your specialty. If you're designing gearboxes according to prepared formulas and graphs from the course parts cars, then perhaps it really is slightly more complicated in the medical dictionary or, say, a cookbook. But we have, for example, was a course management in technical systems at the Department of robotics, so there is a solid amplitude-frequency characteristics on a logarithmic axis, the transfer function, tfkp, operational calculus and Simulink.

I
INjektion 20.05.20

I don't know where you studied, if the theory of strength you have is limited to diagrammoi elastic-plastic state which would fit in the school curriculum---very cheap bluff.

transfer function--and how hard is that?Course TMM (General course) if memory serves.

Complex analysis--well, what you need complex numbers?

in the amplitude-frequency characteristics---Oh, my God!Such a laboratory appears on the second or the first semester is carried out(for physics,a General course not exhaustive)..if not mistaken...there is also their need to build.Talk there and everything.

logarithmic axes----this is to help them(your AFC) to read if memory again serves...sorry don't remember)

Shorter kid, he's learned some super phrases in the spirit of the inertia tensor and cementipari(seems a lot of errors in the word did..but Oh well) mastic or spectral characteristics of filters and cool now.
Diagnosis---Zazvezdilsya.

I
INjektion 20.05.20

If you're designing gearboxes according to prepared formulas and graphs from the course parts cars, then perhaps it really is slightly more complicated in the medical dictionary-----you naive boy.

foreign languages - the essence of mastering all of these subjects to read and remember.---well ignorant....you yourself are probably already a few learned.

In General, techie-military.

D
Dr. Manhattan 20.05.20

transfer function--and how hard is that?Course TMM, if memory serves.

Complex analysis--well, what you need complex numbers?

the amplitude-frequency characteristics---Oh, my God!Such a laboratory appears on the second or the first semester is carried out(for physics,a General course not exhaustive)..if not mistaken...there is also their need to build.Talk there and everything.

Do you have such impossibly complex course of TMM? In any case, recall that the transfer function is the ratio of the image by Laplace of the output signal to the image signal input. Image you have to use to solve the differential equations that describe the behavior of linear systems by using complex analysis. Or are you just confused the transfer function with gear ratio? This happens with those who have the frequency response associated with vague memories of the labs in physics 1-2 semester. You there were built the frequency response of a 3-phase motor?

I
INjektion 20.05.20

Dr. Manhattan

Or are you just confused the transfer function with gear ratio?----there are concepts and ratios and functions by the way.The angular velocity is not always constant, is Einstein.Usually it's some sort of cycle.(you're so cool,I had to guess)

You there were built the frequency response of a 3-phase motor?-- :) It seems the second or third course was.Electrical engineering.But the way it seems to me only the beginning of the subject...That's where complex numbers were useful.

In General, what are you trying to prove?I can now access some documentation,a book, and you distribute the terms,theorems and so forth things clear only to me.What is this change?Regular show.

And I bet that you and such things in the same English language I do not know perfectly as present perfect and pastes Simpl or prepositions for example.

J
Jackson[x] 20.05.20

Importantly, you have to suck taught