3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lesha Petrenko 05.09.19 01:08 pm

Help to cure the drop in FPS

Yesterday I set myself the GTX 980Ti to run protest a few games it all seems to be OK. Sat down today to pass the Witcher 3 and zhudko upset - all at maximum speed (incl. Sun, off. smoothing) shows 60 FPS. But periodically every 2-3 minutes subsidence to 30 FPS. Decided to protest a couple of games, it was not only in the Witcher. Driver removed, installed new - did not help. Valves are configured to manual mode and above 60 deg. temp does not rise.
My config:
OC: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit / the mother Board: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 / CPU: AMD FX-8320 4.4 GHz / RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB1866MHz / graphics Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB / PSU: Chieftec APS-750CB.
Help please, and then sad.
20 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 05.09.19

The plane try to turn it off,well, the graphics settings also try to change,and see whether such drawdown.

L
Lesha Petrenko 05.09.19

Vertically in the Witcher was turned off so there is Locke, I don't know how to disable. Set high settings so instead of 30 to 40 in a row.
Watched all sorts of videos where they say that it's just the processor not raskryvaet and procacci are some possible side effects.
Just the fact that I don't plan to change, want to wait for a new generation and there are already going to think that it is cheaper. But this is still far away and play hochitsya without a problem. Maybe there are some versatile files, fixes, listen to all suggestions.

L
Lesha Petrenko 05.09.19

Another option is to raise the frequency there on the 4.7, I don't know whether vitanet more. If it helps, or just nothing to roast will be?

L
Lesha Petrenko 05.09.19

and what is in BP? 750 W I kazhitsya enough and RAM.

K
Kirlusha 05.09.19

Alex Petrenko
750 watt PSU enough, but holds if it is stable 12 volts on all lines under load?

_
_Norton_ 05.09.19

Alex Petrenko
It seems to me the processor is rather weak for the video card, meaning it has no overclock, download MSI Afterburner and see how to load the graphics card.

A
Apti 05.09.19

I believe that it is in the processor. No matter how good FX, but his time has passed and max settings in the Witcher in conjunction with the gtx 980 ti it, I am more than confident enough. Put simply, this card requires a processor at least level i5 4th generation and better than even the 6th generation. When fx as 8 generations can only compete with i3 6th generation.
In General, the processor does not disclose the video card is the weak point in your configuration.

L
Lesha Petrenko 05.09.19

Thanks for the explanation but maybe there are some fixes that at least as something to help him cope with it

E
Evgeniy Sanzharov 05.09.19

Possible problems:
1. Percent 2011 is very outdated. It is necessary to take a new i5 or i7 and overclock them.
2. If the video card with the turbine, then exchange it for something else. Turbine shit.

L
Lesha Petrenko 05.09.19

Kirlusha
and how do you test

K
Kirlusha 05.09.19

Alex Petrenko
And what a vidyuhi was to replace the 980?

K
Kirlusha 05.09.19

Alex Petrenko
Voltage is best measured with a good digital tester, since all programs - multimeters to the computer is full of (even regular),
but from experience I know that they are all a little lie.
And by the way the 980-th not B\y?

G
GeRR_Praetorian 05.09.19

Alex Petrenko
Did you not think that the Witcher in need 1080ti 4k at 60-70 fps?

_
_Norton_ 05.09.19

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
Thanks for the explanation but maybe there are some fixes that at least as something to help him cope with it
Do not break your head and don't look for various fixes, only to foul up the computer, you said it in the processor and people are 100% right, and it will now vidyuhi to disassemble, measure the voltage on the PSU to look askance...
Artie wrote:
i5 4th generation and better than even the 6th generation
Here is the answer to your question.

L
Lesha Petrenko 05.09.19

Okay thank you all. Maybe someone will disagree with me but I realized what the cause namely the temperature, for the first time in the settings udalil more attention to the silence, so she could not stand and dropped the frequency to 2-3 seconds. Modifying the schedule for an hour in the Witcher never subsided. Conder I don't have in the house, and videmo I fuck sat test card in this heat and back to her.

K
Kirlusha 05.09.19

Alex Petrenko
Agree about the temp-ry. At the very onset of heat, the temperature in the system unit, on average, 10 gr. rose. And the a / C (12000 btu) suspended in 4 m from the system unit not help much.
However, my sistemka as a whole is not suffering temp-Rami above 65 gr.
You have a ventilation system. block well?

A
Anderby 05.09.19

Take gastal.

l
legusor 05.09.19

and you miner is not the word for pitch?

A
Apti 05.09.19

Alex Petrenko
It may well be that it was the temperature.
But it does not deny the fact that the processor is weak for your graphics card and what fps could be 15-20 shots higher with a better CPU
The so-called battleking shitty thing, and well, if appreciable drawdowns in games will not notice
Svetigora
970 th
a 550 ti and without overclocking will easily pull ! Here only it is not about 970 and about 550 ti, my friend )
970 is just the same and would be the best choice for this processor, I will not argue with you. But the difference in performance between 970 and 980 TI is enormous

w
warhammer40 05.09.19

The best advice afterburner. Check what happens in moments of drawdown with the processor and card. Try another settings in the nvidia control panel to change (pre-prepared footage and buffering). Well, purely in my opinion - weak processor
Also check in task Manager if there's any left process, which eats performance