3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pavlo1983 19.10.19 06:06 pm

Black screen but have sound and the game runs (Shadow of the Tomb Raider)

Faced with this problem, to menu everything is fine, then the game also starts, there is sound but nothing is visible except the menu and maps. Sometimes randomly the image may appear, but still with time is obscured, like here -

Directx12 is not enabled, have updated all the drivers on the video card, tried different resolutions and graphic settings, still this problem makes the game completely unplayable.
88 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guest 31.12.21

Old thread which I thought I would update since Epic games is giving out this game for free this week and I thought someone might have the same problem ie. trying to run the game on a HD 6950 only to get a black screen when the live action begins. I am running WIn 10 Pro. Simply run the program by changing the compatibility to Win 7. If you don't know how to do this simply locate the SOTTR .exe in the ShadowoftheTombRaider folder either in the Epic Games folder and/or the "Program File (x86)" folder on your C: drive. Right click on the SOTTR .exe file. Select Properties, then Compatibilty. Change the Compatibility to Windows 7 and the program runs as intended.

G
Guest 12.01.22

@Guest, thank you!!!

G
Guest 12.01.22

@Guest, there is no SOTTR.exe, only a shortcut, and the URL of the file...

G
Guest 12.01.22

@Guest, I finally found it! It was in the "Program Files", not in the "Program Files (x86)"

G
Guest 12.01.22

@Guest, I changed the compatibility to Windows 7, but the problem remains... I have Windows 8 though, not Windows 10 Pro...

G
Guest 12.01.22

please help me i downloaded the game from epic games but the problem still on

G
Guest 23.02.22

Nothing works unfortunately ..... I'm also suffering from this problem of black screen ...

G
Guest 09.03.22

The problem is probably fixed already, but what I did is just switch from swaa4 to swaa2x.