3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Ruyder 22.07.20 09:55 pm

The game is not able to scare (Outlast)

Bouli
pfff,normal schedule,so no slander,and not afraid of face,and the atmosphere,the hopelessness,and the effect of neozhidannosti))so here)
55 Comments
Sort by:
O
Olly-alpha 22.07.20

Night Reverrius
That's why I don't like Amnesia because there is also no options, and GG naked.
And CX scares its mysticism and suspense, and not naked psychos with bats. I could live with the linearity Outlast if she wins also anything.

As for horror games, in addition to CX and Amnesia come to mind such diverse and ambivalent in the context of the game genre known as the Call of Cthulhu and dead space (the first part). The call of Cthulhu hardly horror, but then there is more than enough. The second - a cross between horror and action, very different style. But there are options. In"the Call of Cthulhu enough puzzles, but they are not always necessarily perform, you can go stealthily, you can try to break, but you can push the truck downhill and ride it. DS linear, but they are planning to follow some tactics, especially on higher difficulty levels, where the resources to spare. And tactics chosen by the player, not the developers. And there is always a choice - to run away or try to fight back, not only to escape, because he did not have the brains to pick up from the floor a piece of scrap pipe. This artificially complicated gameplay that is illogical and more annoying than scary.

You can still remember Hibernation which is... um... very strange and not for everybody. There, too, all pretty boring and linear, but the GG has the ability to defend and the final variable that the game is a plus.

And I absolutely do not deny the fact that Outlast fits perfectly in the canons of the genre, but horrorshow component just has not held up, deciding to compensate this at the expense of the game and lack the GG's ability to defend. Plus the static environment, low interactivity... don't know, my plunge this game never happened. A game of hide and seek and cat and mouse just annoying, but certainly not evoke fear.

In any case, the remark for hamsters.
Spoilersi arguments in the style of Yes che you drive, the dead space not horror at all! please register in writing in correct English and send to the company Visceral Games.

r
robotizir 22.07.20

You will podrujit pig, when it's time. TE EL WN - COW_ИG ZOoИ 2014

C
Cvoxalury 22.07.20

I agree with Olly-alpha (and all others who hold similar views) — the game is not terrible for a penny. No, I don't mean to say it like that, and I understand that many people are embarrassed to admit that de myself was scared as hell, and someone the game is just not scary. I mean, at all.

Frightened character in the game, and, moreover, excessively. Breathing heavily, breathing... even, in my opinion, using a gamepad shiver specially transmitted. But seriously... guys, as you can scare an ordinary blunt mobs? OK, I'm going down the corridor. Leans me crazy. It's just one mob-disabled! In the worst case, I will replay with checkpoint. Moreover, the cases went far from the worst, because, for example, when the generator I was trying to do, ran to the console, turned it on and within seconds I killed the mob with a bat, then... after loading the checkpoint right after the inclusion of control mob simply disappeared. Immersion in the atmosphere? Nope, rather the script and smile.

By the way, about this psycho with a bat, the first actual enemy. Maybe here otpisyvaetsya in favor of the super-horrornot too little experience in horror, but I my experience I would say that the fight with the mob, having low-level gear often turns out to be much worse than playing hide and seek and running around from NPC. I have a knife in KOF or the Board in the CX2 — so, wet mob, expecting that at any second he's going to kill you, to look at the darkening redness of the screen to finish the summary of reptile that flimsy melee weapon and a panic to look, isn't there one of the whole mob — that's what gives the adrenaline, the panic, the horror, and not total helplessness, newinitiatives, ineptitude GG (which is not clear why in this case, it is flooded in such a place, would be sitting in the wording and all).

And this game makes no horrors. Screamers? They give a purely reflex reaction, which does not even depend on the content of screamer, they are not afraid — they just shudder with the words, "Oh, damn you, damn screamer". And so the concept of "need to get to the goal, the goal is guarded by one mob, it is impossible to fight, has to walk around, guessing what he wanted the authors of the" very typical, very usual, and she was just tired.

Yes, in a couple of places it is seen that here I would be to scared. And he then gets scared, but I don't, I'm almost funny! At the same time, the game has glimpses of good technical and narrative potential, but, alas, the gameplay brings it all to nothing — in the game just missing. In fact, nothing could get me to huddle in the corners, on the contrary, I'm quite confident running for the mobs, viewing the room sumerova on the blood, the guts... honestly, people. I don't see how you can be afraid of all this.

PS With all of this, the game even in the beginning there are dozens of places where you can make a successful scary moments, not affecting the theme of helplessness GG. Where direct and waiting, but... nothing. The levels are 90% empty and 10% is tedious batthert from... don't even know how to say it "fights" with mobs, so... ridiculous meetings.

r
robotizir 22.07.20

Atmosphere.

555mafiozzo555 22.07.20

Everyone has their own fears. Someone and Dead Space brick factory. Personally, I Outlast and Cry of Fear the scary games.

r
robotizir 22.07.20

Totally agree with you 555mafiozzo555.

S
Samson_1994 22.07.20

I'll be honest, the game was waiting for the killer Amnesia. But unfortunately (or fortunately) , I have not received. No no, I'm not saying the game is bad, it is great, especially the debut project of such level not often seen, but scares the game very rarely. there's fear and horror in amnesia. In principle , all the enemies are people, Yes crazy patients , but people. it is a little comforting. Some points have to replay several times, died, started with a checkpoint, and so 4-5 times, and it really kills the atmosphere. the moments where the crazies leave you alone, talk with you, generally lead by fear.
But in General, satisfied, soon I will place a Machine for pigs let's see is it better or worse))

B
Bodryy Buldozer Yarosti 22.07.20

XS, I shat bricks a couple of skyscrapers for sure. And played only one hour...

M
Magnum 500 22.07.20

That game seemed to me terrible, I think of the horrors myself. Here I heard talk of naked crazies behind bars about what is necessary to restrain and began to imagine what will happen when they will give. Presented here, is much more interesting. Here catch the hero somewhere in a dark dirty room with the inscription valider and passing around. Well, or heroin akalat and the hero will crawl in galenica and crazy laugh and kick his feet... the Horror provided by the developers is small, they only provided the basis for fear and to be scared well you need to dosochinil themselves. Go for it, who understand what I mean.

R
Reverrius 22.07.20

to Olly-alpha
Your main claim essentially in that game you can not fight. But given the current situation with the genre of horror, the rejection of the combat system is almost the only way to keep the genre virginity. No one now is to do horror in the spirit of the trilogy Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Major publishers now branded horror dark mold just shooting and nothing more. Salvation for the genre this time, as games like Amnesia and Outlast.

555mafiozzo555 22.07.20

Ehh... to be released now is something like Fatal Frame. (And from DreadOut a long time did not hear)

P
Parabolation 22.07.20

Mdaaaaaa. The only thing terrifying about this product is:
1. A lot of bugs, lag and crashes. The game is not terribly optimized, as evidenced by the pile the Game crashes in the security room, the Game etc.
2. The passion of the developers to the bare nuts. So many naked men have not seen even the oldest slut on the road.
3. The passion of the developers to the game. Such point is particularly catching a yawn.
4. The illogic of the narrative. The main character, a grown man, visits a psychiatric hospital, littered with corpses, and instead of having to back off to a safe distance (the car is on the move) and to call the cops, he climbs on. Well, chalk it up to natural curiosity. The lack of any adequate reaction to what is happening is striking. In the shelter he whines, breathing heavily and all that, but the rest of the time so quietly makes notes of it like Oh, they killed everyone here, and that the soldier impaled like a pig on a spit. What a mess. He told me to get out, but there is no going back. About the inability to defend yourself wrote above. Even if it is not in open battle, but is so difficult in the darkness to make brick the skinny freak with the pipe.
5. Linearity and zaskriptovannost. Everything is so predictable that you already know in advance about all the traps set by the developers. Here you now open the door, get out skimmer. Walk a little further and the path will be closed, you will have to go back to find the key to open the door, press one button, get out some weirdo with the letter m. To hide away in the closet (the enemy always open only the case in which you don't (the only nonlinearity), press the second button and back. Then come out bold bruiser run away from him and repeat to the end. Bruuuuuce.
6. The number of shkolota, increasing in proportion to the positions in honorable about brick factories and so on. They usually litter theme or their bricks, or about, Well you Fuckers probably a day, your and VI play at night in the dark and with headphones As if that the game will be the sane story, quality gameplay, linearity, logic, and so on.

Deservedly above mentioned Condamned with its dark atmosphere, amazing story and gameplay. Cthulhu bespodobna with his entourage and puzzles, from the scene of the escape from the hotel so far goosebumps. Oh and silent hill, with his doom.

R
RockFeller 22.07.20

So the game is able to scare , if you play through a large home cinema :D . The sound quality will make you get scared). But if you play via a monitor , it is not so scary :/

i
immortal78 22.07.20

You're wrong :)

N
NTrojan 22.07.20

I believe there are in-game moments that scare and frighten beautifully outside the box, but for me personally the game is very like the denouement and the main idea of the game - in spite of humanity's technology we still tend to make mistakes and to see magic where there is only science, just awesome, no demons, mutants and spirits it's much easier... Also liked some non-standard ideas that immediately come to mind two naked killers pursuing HS, particularly liked the moment in the shower when they come from both sides and how they quietly go and the fact that in the end they were the conductors GG and not his enemies,is another example - change style yy notes in a diary after an injury, intercourse psychopath with a corpse - disgusting but impressive scene, but certainly not like several similar traps with the inclusion of two valves, buttons, levers, and so forth, the locations are quite varied as to the psychiatric hospital, in General developers do not have enough resources to finished the game to perfection and yet came out more than adequately, Yes nuthouse it's a cliche but sometimes, you realize that this is the whole point, it's not what it seems, everything has a rational explanation, fear is just a reaction of our primitive ancestors who didn't know about nanotechnology)) by the way another one any moment I ceased to be afraid with the hero, he didn't care to live or die, he has passed the greater part of the hospital learned a lot, and from that moment I just wanted to know what was all over and that it is still a mystery or science fiction

S
Sa1nt7897 22.07.20

RockFeller
with a helmet Oculus Rift to play, then truly understand what the horror)

r
rasta 22.07.20

home alone in the morning with headphones in the dark play BEA and not in the morning and when at home all tembolee with speakers, so the author is stupid

I
Infiltrator 22.07.20

In the beginning, due to the fact that the game is still not familiar to you, you can get scared, you get used to it and calmly pass on.

x
xCyberpunKx 22.07.20

The game is not so much frightening as created an atmosphere of helplessness and all the time puts pressure on the psyche. Sometimes you start to feel the hero, almost breathing with him.

G
Game-lover 22.07.20

The game is scary and there is nothing here to argue. I'm 21 (for those who says that only scares children), he loved horror movies, all demandino and mysticism, not cowardly. But the game scared,made the blood flow faster. Together with a friend sat night without light, with normal sound, to even open the door it was scary not to see someone.)

Of course,it's worth noting that the closer to the end is rather tedious and not scary. Permanent polegenko for all sorts of keys napravat. Types of batons are becoming a lot and they're not afraid,and again napravat and enrage,as they are typical stupid bots... But then as they say the taste and color of comrades there. But to say that you are not afraid at all - this is not adequate. IMHO