3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Jack ONeill 26.07.20 11:06 pm

Power armor (Fallout 4)

Let's discuss the power armor in Fallout 4.

First, the good news - now it's not a useless piece of scrap metal in the inventory, and real combat exoskeleton, which can, for example, to jump off the roof is not very high at home without getting damage.
But there are limitations. Looks like armor will have its own power source (see screenshot). And called into question the availability of the PIP-boy in fallout, and constant wearing.
Power supply

Second, armor has different resists to physical damage and damage from energaire that quite a bit, but closer to the first parts.

Third, the power armor can be craft and modify. Starting with painting some of its elements to their replacement counterparts from other types of armor, or installing džetpaka.
Speaking of modifications, the trailer was shown 4 models of armor:
T-45d is the simplest model, used by the Brotherhood of Steel and Outcasts,
T-51b is the last pre-war model adopted by the U.S. army just before a nuclear war
X-01 Mk. II - post-war development of the enclave,
T-60b - not-seen modification, which are not yet known, presumably the pre-war prototype developed at MIT.
Jetpack
61 Comments
Sort by:
s
solus. 26.07.20

LeopoldoMendoza

On account of the momentum transfer large-caliber bullets on the cervical-cranial region - explanation of the effectiveness of power armor you can find. If you understand the definition literally, i.e. not just thick steel armor, but armor, reinforced with a force field, then the momentum may be evenly distributed over the entire area clad in armor of the body. For example, Tesla armor - she clearly aspires to such an interpretation. Otherwise it is not power armor and exoskeleton. But just here the difficulties of translation, and the original writers meant nothing more than reinforcing the muscular strength of the armor and not armor power-protection. In any case, there is semantic space, so it is theoretically possible that when hit by a bullet in power armor no longer deals damage, and a shot of energy weapons - hit it (because a force field stops are purely material objects). As suggested?

n
nikita2112 26.07.20

Judging by the screenshots the thickness of the armor there at least 3 cm, rather more. And not just wearing a helmet on his head, and bolted to the torso, otherwise the helmet itself fell when the body is tilted. So there is no threat of cervical vertebrae no.

a
alex333555 26.07.20

Judging by the commercials in the fourth Fallout is not a steel suit which slightly increases power and reduces dexterity, and a hard exoskeleton type pantserklyaynov from silent storm. That is, in a backpack you can't hide him, but also to protect it better than the bronicas. Of course logistics would be a nightmare - anywhere will throw (pull), charge armor, and need to repair in the workshop with crane and so on.
And judging by the numbers from the video handheld weapons and animals will only scratch the armor. If Bronius 150 damage resistance (damage treshold) then you can break through, or armor-piercing sniper and MANPADS, or machine gun it polamat reducing the protection to penetration values.

S
Shadowhorn 26.07.20

Most likely, the SAT made not of steel but of some high-tech alloy composite of characteristics which we do not know therefore we cannot judge the penetration of graslouisiana of the Kalash. Although... T - 60A shows rusty so the iron in this alloy is still there. Or is it just the outer layer. I do not know. Most likely, only the outer layer. Nor would the US do another armor, this time with hydraulics, and exoskeleton, scientists had to realize that all of this will get through.

D
Dassent 26.07.20

Shadowhorn
I agree,and in the description of power armor in the first fouls it is said that it is made of sheets of composite steel and covered with silver coating.

L
LeopoldoMendoza 26.07.20

solus
One thing fiction, I like fiction. And another thing specifically fantastic in the world of fallout. Is there specific evidence in Laura fallout that power armor can absorb momentum? Yes, and just do the fiction, technology absorption pulse is quite high-tech, is on a par with the inventions of type generator of gravitons or capacitors of inertia.
Or does it have a force field? As far as I remember, this particular game universe with the power fields hard.
What is the exoskeleton I'm not arguing, i.e., in the classical sense when a user can carry a weight greater than its own, etc. But if I am not mistaken penalties to movement speed, it is specifically in this game, that is particularly not jump from grenades, though it would be useful, the guy in the armor! If he would have time to jump on the grenade, he can save not only the people around him, but also to stay alive.
Well, then, armor tasla, it seems to be not very common, caught on a single soldier of the Enclave of 10. Yes, and as I recall, Tesla armor is designed to work in a configuration with energy weapons, that is, better protects better from him and cooperating with him, that is, for the above bullets from the Browning, she's just more vulnerable.

N
NightHawkreal 26.07.20

LeopoldoMendoza
I think this armor helmet attached to the pilot's head, and to the armor. The enclave is clearly not slotted and complex optics, pistol was one of a kind, lost and forgotten and not the fact that these days you can create something similar. And from a grenade that could undermine this tank still will not run.

A
Aleksey Ostrovskiy 26.07.20

I hope that armor will be to stick in a gun, for example on the arm to attach the flamethrower or minigun instead of gloves, and maybe an extra gun in the leg like Robocop) by the way remember that the dungeons in Fallout 3 you could find the armor that was treated by the owner until the end of Lekarstva, and 4 will be available this modification of the reservation

a
alex333555 26.07.20

In Fallout 3 power armor was really flimsy - both in appearance and protective qualities (vanilla armor gave 50% reduction in damage, but who plays vanilla?) and was the armored suit. But rather because of the mechanics of the game - remember, in Anchoridge stock armor was hanging on the winch and not folded stacks, that is, in Canon she's more of a mobile tank and not the advanced body armor. In Fallout 4 judging by the roller it, and did mobile tank" into which you must climb.
And about hits to the head\helmet and frag grenades, again remember Silent Storm. In power armor from the game (which panzerklein), you can ignore most of the hand weapons - the bullets simply rebound. The only weapon against it was armor-piercing missiles, heavy machine guns(that have damaged the exoskeleton forcing the pilot to leave it) and a critical hit from a heavy sniper to the head. In the universe of Fallout to this you can add pulse weapons - which in theory should cut down or damage to power armor. So fragmentation grenades and entering the head of the power armor will be terrible (unless you Unscrew the helmet). I'm more interested in what will be the restrictions on its use: the need for recharging, the inability to use PIP-boy, the inability to heal, inability to quickly move, the inability to swim, reduction reaction of the NPC hunting you in order to select a valuable pre-war technology, the Brotherhood of Steel, and so on.

7 look 26.07.20

Yes, it is inconvenient to go all the time. Something hack or computer to dig - out should, that if it all could be in the inventory to hide, along with the exoskeleton...

a
alex333555 26.07.20

By the way, strange detail - the fact that the murder frame neznamen. It would be logical if the armor was left standing with a dead body inside which dropped out when activated, giving the opportunity to climb inside.

s
solus. 26.07.20

The principle: found a power armor - get in stall

_
_DooM_ 26.07.20

Power armor just need to get out more garbage for subsequent repair.

t
tolyupa 26.07.20

What happens with power armor? It disappear with modifications and even complete parts. It seems that each time back to the state in which it was found. Some of the battery-on the contrary always new how much don't get.

_
_DooM_ 26.07.20

tolyupa
It seems that she's regeneration. Maybe you leave your booking to stand in an area that is periodically regenerated,and maybe set some fashion.

A
Atay Wolverine 26.07.20

And power armor can disappear/be stolen in the Sanctuary? I just put next to each other 4 sets of power armor at the counter for repairs and still they stood the whole piece.

C
Counsellor 26.07.20

Athy Wolverine
leave the battery in the attack on the settlement of someone of the farmers will manage
leave it as is, the armor - scores on your good efforts and go in field

A
Alhik 26.07.20

Preston's dressed in power armor. Found a new partner, Preston was sent to the village. But when I came back, saw Preston run in his Cape. What happened to the armor? I looked everywhere, even the place where it was found before.

A
Aleksey Enyutin 26.07.20

So, 63ий level
9 x Model Fraternity T-60b
1 x Army model X-01, type VI (left jetpack to put on it. The resources are there, but a nagging doubt).
1 x x-01, type IV
3 x Frame Power armor
Plenty of sheds for the frame in the box, from T-45 to X-01
While the armor does not use.

What to do with all this I'll never know )

z
zamkovol 26.07.20

Jack ONeill
To 155 level came to such conclusions:
Some of the stuff in the game the most? - I said to me that metal, as it is in every alley.
So repairing the suit (good station power armor scattered across the wasteland) won't have any problems.
Which costume to choose? - T-51. And you know why? because for fixation of the limbs only require the metal for the body only additionally, one transaction and one aluminum. But a couple of aluminum cans you can pick up for a nominal set.
I play in first person, so how does the suit do not see. There is always top improve, explosion, and satchel. This is the best option, I tried different combinations and costumes, this is the best (for repairs).
And what about strength? x-01 is higher. Yes it is. But here I am with the console increased its legendary effects(at the forum described how to do it, and in YouTube there is a video) into a power armor increases strength by 4 times (it's from Tessa's fist). The mod does not use the principle, then you can make cool armor without them.
And voila, you can indulge in all serious, repair penny.
Screenshots costume:

Pumped T-51 (6 model)

Oh yeah, and one more useful note, if your partner to wear a helmet imager (the one that illuminates the living targets), this effect, you will see not having their own helmet, i.e. put on it and everything that moves is highlighted in red, the night straight fun to peel in the glare. On your helmet you can put a different effect, in the end, you take two effects of the two helmets.