3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Trast Ltd 26.07.20 11:06 pm

Poll: who is \"imprisoned\" the game? (Rome: Total War)

In the forum there are many topics on how to make the change in the game, but there is no topic that one turned out. :)
I suggest this topic to share the final settings everyone plays now.

Trust (RTV-1.5 from 1C, play as the Thracians)
1. First things first, removed the time limit in battles.
2. Increased the duration of the campaign for a hundred years.
3. Added resources to build mines in the two provinces.
4. The Thracians can build all Greek temples (at the start there was only the temples of Ares and Dionysus) and large roads.
5. For all Nations have allowed the recruitment of several groups of peasants in one turn.
6. All Nations in the unit of onagers now 4 cars, ballista 6, Scorpions - 8 (was interesting).

While more anything clever did not.
But as the game set you?
:))))

With(_) (x 100 PCs)
95 Comments
Sort by:
P
PashtetX 26.07.20

How to increase the number of onagers and Scorpions ?

A
Antonio 26.07.20

Regarding siege equipment, see here: Change data

B
Barigos 26.07.20

I put the settings of the camera to commander.(+make it to the ground,the mouse wheel is not used). The battle was thus less predictable, as super maneuvers are easy to do when you see the units from above, with this camera to perform very difficult. The flanks are often never seen during the assault a complete mess.Have worn on the field by his General to give a tricky order, or to pay part of the units under AI control. Try. It's funny, introduces an element of disorder (in the real world so in fact it was).

B
Barigos 26.07.20

By the way don't know is there a way to order something like all the infantry forward to the attack, go!,so ,for example, a group of 10 infantry units attacked from all fronts, that they themselves chose whom to attack and to shout hurray showed the enemy their charge bonus. And then in the pause interesting, and without a pause until the send unit five, the first is already back running.

m
max_zhum 26.07.20

Hi all!
The only thing I've managed to do is to increase the area of passage of troops at the strategic map in one turn.

A
Antonio 26.07.20

2 max_zhum
I wonder how did you do that? And much increased?

2 Barigos
Wait, you don't use the join groups?

m
max_zhum 26.07.20

2 Antonio
You can increase the area of passing on as much as you want, even from one end of the map to another in one turn :)
DATA there file descr_character.txt
Find the parameter (after the review) starting_action_points
Source it is 80, I increased it to 400.
Unfortunately, I can't do in RTW 1S 1.5 four stroke for a year, that would be cool :)

B
Barigos 26.07.20

Enjoy. Tried in the group to direct, and not grouped. Still stupid of the bunch and rod on one specified enemy unit :(
Maybe it's version dependent? (I have 1.3+1.4 pirates)

m
max_zhum 26.07.20

The people, prompt, where you can change the standard pattern of urban growth? In the game 2000 -> 6000-> 12000-> 24000, and I want another to do. And how to change the settings of the buildings? For example, the Academy brings 5% of the law and where it is possible to change it?

T
Trast Ltd 26.07.20

Hmm, but what if you try to reduce the area of the passage?... (I think)
It will be fun!
%)))))))))

A
Antonio 26.07.20

2 AeroShell
And so they are like turtles on the map to move, and you want to reduce!200

2 max_zhum
Thank you! Now try to increase the step.
Happened. Increased to 200 units per turn. Here's a screen:
You can go through the half of modern France in one turn.

T
Trast Ltd 26.07.20

That Antonio...
Hehe, reduced. It was cool, for a leisurely players. But quickly bored, especially when you do not have time with reinforcements... ;))))

But seriously, it should be clearly increased. I think at least 200-300 per turn. Well, couldn't Hannibal cross the Alps two years, I could not! %)))))))

A
Antonio 26.07.20

Indeed, in the game it will take 2-3 years.

If you increase the characteristics starting_action_points this increase applies to all: Navy, infantry, cavalry and artillery.
And whether it is somehow different zoom for different types of troops? For example, infantry and 150 artillery, cavalry 300, 500 fleet.

T
Trast Ltd 26.07.20

Tu Antonio
So, anyway, the increase in distance occurs for different types of troops differently. For cavalry the maximum distance for artillery - minimum.

Big minus that saves everything remains the same... you have to start the game first...

A
Antonio 26.07.20

it is necessary to start the game first...
It is not necessary. My next progress step increased.

B
Barigos 26.07.20

In saves, too far to walk! After editing the parameter, load the save game, make end turn, and next turn everything will. By the way, the area of the stroke (green) does not display correctly (sometimes the army go further than showing this area).

A
Antonio 26.07.20

2 AeroShell
If earlier it was the ratio of infantry and Cavalleria 80 100 (a difference of 20 units or 25%), now put 200 infantry, and cavalry will be a total of 220 (the same difference in 20 units, but it is not proportional to the first embodiment in %).
Horsemen of the steppes could ride for days, constantly changing horses. And the infantry? Roman legionaries every night even strengthened. the camp was built. And unless they were only 10-15% less than kavallerie? No, much less.
Same story with the Navy. For six months it was possible even in those days, all the Mediterranean sea to swim.

B
Barigos 26.07.20

Interestingly, while on average, how many kilometers could the army go in six months?
Knowing it is easier to choose the parameter of motion that corresponds to reality.

A
Antonio 26.07.20

Good question :))
Moreover, the speed in the forest or on the road different. The second - and the army with baggage or without? Most probably with the baggage. I.e., the desired speed of the train.
Cavalry: if the nomads just do the RAID - speed one. If you pull in a new home all belongings, wives and children, herds of cattle, then the speed is another. In Barbarian Invasion, the steppe peoples move in hordes, in full strength clan, tribe. E. again, the desired speed of the train.

m
max_zhum 26.07.20

Hi all!
I now have a 4 stroke for a year for RTW 1.5 from 1C! Works without crashes!
If anyone is interested, I can send to e-mail the necessary files.