3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Trast Ltd 26.07.20 11:06 pm

Poll: who is \"imprisoned\" the game? (Rome: Total War)

In the forum there are many topics on how to make the change in the game, but there is no topic that one turned out. :)
I suggest this topic to share the final settings everyone plays now.

Trust (RTV-1.5 from 1C, play as the Thracians)
1. First things first, removed the time limit in battles.
2. Increased the duration of the campaign for a hundred years.
3. Added resources to build mines in the two provinces.
4. The Thracians can build all Greek temples (at the start there was only the temples of Ares and Dionysus) and large roads.
5. For all Nations have allowed the recruitment of several groups of peasants in one turn.
6. All Nations in the unit of onagers now 4 cars, ballista 6, Scorpions - 8 (was interesting).

While more anything clever did not.
But as the game set you?
:))))

With(_) (x 100 PCs)
95 Comments
Sort by:
n
nmmm2 26.07.20

and the Cretan archers got armor 3, ---linen armor they had in real life, I think soaked in a saline solution, it is not easy to cut even with an axe, a shield 1, that they really were in the real world bronze small shield

but I certainly had not lived, and read books

n
nmmm2 26.07.20

elite infantry Macedonia:

type greek royal pikemen
dictionary greek_royal_pikemen ; Royal Pikemen
category infantry
class spearmen
voice_type Medium_1
soldier greek_hypaspist, 40, 0, 1
attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_sap, very_hardy
formation 1, 1, 2, 2, 5, square
stat_health 2, 0
stat_pri 12, 7, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 25 ,1
stat_pri_attr spear, ap
stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 25 ,1
stat_sec_attr no
stat_pri_armour 9, 14, 5, leather
stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
stat_heat 3
stat_ground 2, 0, 0, 0
stat_mental 20, disciplined, highly_trained
stat_charge_dist 30
stat_fire_delay 0
stat_food 60, 300
stat_cost 2, 870, 310, 70, 110, 870
ownership macedon

the elite cavalry of Macedonia:

type greek royal cavalry
dictionary greek_royal_cavalry ; Companion Cavalry
category cavalry
class heavy
voice_type Heavy_1
soldier greek_royal_cavalry, 27, 0, 1
mount heavy horse
mount_effect elephant -8, camel -4
attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy
formation 1.5, 4, 3, 6, 4, square, wedge
stat_health 1, 0
stat_pri 13, 16, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, piercing, spear, 25 ,1
stat_pri_attr no
stat_sec 13, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 25 ,1
stat_sec_attr no
stat_pri_armour 12, 16, 0, metal
stat_sec_armour 0, 1, flesh
stat_heat 2
stat_ground 0, 0, -6, 0
stat_mental 14, disciplined, highly_trained
stat_charge_dist 40
stat_fire_delay 0
stat_food 60, 300
stat_cost 2, 760, 240, 80, 120, 760
ownership seleucid, macedon

D
DeM_80 26.07.20

RTV play in a long time... and not tired :-) great game. Shortcomings, of course, a lot, but they can be reconciled. As experience, tried the game to adjust to the game became more interesting. Until something came himself, something found on the forums and applied.
1. Strengthened the army of the rebels at the start of the game, adding the troops a little experience, increased the number. These changes pretty significantly stopped the initial expansion of all the aggressive factions. Rebel now is not so easy to take in stride. Now is the time to get to his feet until they came to the evil uncle :-).
2. The tbd Board has changed the bonuses for any razvlekalovka and kulturteknik buildings. Now only certain factions have the right to receive all sorts of bonuses from theatres and amphetamines... ugh, amphitheater.
3. Allowed the rebel to build Roman buildings and hire some Roman troops. Built now wretch, for the troops. This is good, have them feel for interesting opponents. Sometimes their homes are not so easy to take.
4. Slightly increased the movement points for armies.
5. For mercenaries who can be hired in the provinces also got. A little added experience and increased the cost of hiring. Barbarians now before think before you hire them to go camping for the peace of the city.
6. The Roman infantry added the centurion and standard bearer. Sometimes not historical, but aesthetically pleasing. Yes, and the brow on the full stack of army is one extra squad.
7. Absolutely all units of all factions and Rebelo increased per unit line of morality. The storming of cities and fight on the walls like now really to fight without a step back.
All this, of course, make-up, but the game was very much on the level of hard/hard, no cheating sometimes and maturness at the screen at some Sakovich Polansky.

m
migor 26.07.20

Have long wanted to play not for some Roman family, and for the normal fraction the Roman Republic. Maybe someone believes that this will dramatically change the balance in favor of Rome, and play the fraction four times greater than the usual very easy and uninteresting. We hasten to deny - especially test your fix, playing as a rebel (that is, not interfering in the politics), and so the picture was different, but the Romans were not copernicia: nearest neighbours (Carthage, Macedonia) in no way inferior to the Romans, although those have many of their problems.
Now, in detail.
Start with the fact that the units I did not touch - the only change indirectly associated with the armies is an opportunity for the Romans to recruit specific troops Julio, Brutto, of Scipio and the ability to build any of the nine temples. (edit: sorry, to add units did not work - the Romans already had the maximum possible number, and to remove the old I don't want to. Therefore, in throughout the country are hired gladiators the Samnites). All other changes I make only the strategic part.
What is the fraction the Roman Republic?
This is a slightly reworked Julia. Symbols from the Julii, the family is United in one family members of the Roman houses and the Senate. All have the surname Rome. The land of the Romans is the province of the same Roman houses, the capital - Rome.
To equalize the balance of Rome issued 8000 at the start. To some it will seem a lot considering that every Roman house had a 5000 at the start. But first: a fraction is 4 times bigger armies four times as much, proportional to income, and more money only 1.6 times. Secondly, during the war, you have no reliable allies, with whom you can comfortably trade. Third, no more Senate, and therefore tasks like Capture the village, get 5000.
By the way, about the war: now you have no reliable rear in the game for Rome - is the universal war. Rome will have to simultaneously fight with everyone, and to fight for real. Huge role was playing the fleet - often have to transfer troops from one theater of war to another, but before everything was clearly divided between the families.
I also made a few changes to adjust the balance: in the same city removed the port in the other opposite added, etc.
I fumbled a bit in the text folder, there is no Julio on the map you will not see - only the Romans!
Plus added the province Corsica (left Carthage) with the mercenaries, resources, tore down the woods, did the normal seaside, threw the army.
Well, small things: a slightly edited menu, added a description, map etc.
Oh, by the way, only the Imperial campaign for all factions - nothing to waste time on trifles:)

Now play for the Romans. Can't say that is too difficult - rather, as usual, when playing as any other faction. But more realistic, in my opinion.

I did all these changes for myself, my goal was to leave everything the same, but to make a single ROM. Maybe then want to add something else, I would think. But now I'm happy with:)

T
Toxa777 26.07.20

People, have with someone else is the card that showed and sent max_zhum
a message from 14.07.06 17:48
please send [email protected]

m
migor 19.11.20

In the descr_regions file, there is a line in the description of each region, where almost always there is 5 (very rarely - 0). This is the value of the province - in other words, how much the comp will try to get it and not lose it.
I put all the 10 regions, of course, brought down map.rwm and launched the game. What I noticed:
The comp is more active in capturing the cities - but mostly mainland - islands it still does not see at point-blank range. But there aren't that many islands, so it's forgivable.
I feared that the comp would now break alliances at the first opportunity. As it turned out, this is not quite the case. For the sake of experiment began for the Greeks, then for the Romans, and there, and there, came with all the neighbors alliances and played 5-6 moves.
For the Greeks:
The Romans made a secret treaty with Carthage, and together declared war on me - I repelled the attack of the Romans, but then came the full glass of Carthage and knocked me out of Sicily. (To tell you the truth, I didn't bother with the battles too much - again, I was just interested in the behavior of the computer). In Asia Minor, I went to capture Nicomedia - without much effort captured this village. On the next move, the Pontians (my allies) took the region I had just captured. I had to go back to Pergamon. Offered Ponta peace in exchange for this city - did not agree. Well, my business is to suggest:)
In the Balkans, events developed as follows: Athens were taken, Apollonia too. On the second turn the Macedonians declared war on me - (have taken my city under siege). Over the next three moves, I knocked Macedonia out of the Peloponnese and continued the offensive. By the way, their diplomat bribed the same Apollonia - but it was returned by the Greeks without much effort.
It is not known how it would have turned out - but the essence of the game for Greece I caught.
Then I started playing for the Roman Republic. He made alliances with everyone, took Segesta, Apollonia for two moves. Carthage declared war on the Greeks, I supported it (although I did not declare war) - Syracuse were taken. On 3-5 moves I captured two settlements north of Apollonia and was ready to go further - but here was surprised - the nearest rebel settlements were already taken by the Daca, Gallamis, Macedonians.
One of my army was advancing towards Massilia, but even then the Gauls got ahead of me. However, the assault did not work - and I took the siege of the city with a weakened garrison.
Carthage meanwhile saved the army in Sicily, the Macedonians took Athens, which outraged the Greeks, but did not prevent them quietly making their way north - to the Roman cities ... The Gauls also sent reconnaissance armies and diplomats to inspect my cities. Again, who knows how it would have gone on.
Yes, I managed to test for the rebuys, but I will not describe.
So, the conclusions:
1) The comp actively seeks to capture cities, especially when it sees that there are competitors.
2) Unions are violated not less often, but are more deliberate - for the sake of preserving their own cities.
3) Diplomacy has become more important - not all cities comp seeks to get power ... But the offer of peace in exchange for the city rejects often - incredulous he is some ...
4) The Comp does not take risks, but at any opportunity takes under siege nearby settlements - especially if the faction is weak, or most of its settlements are far from the borders of the attacking power. However, just so the war will not declare - there is a great danger of losing their cities.
5) And the play has become more interesting - because very often at the beginning of the game the player lives by taking all the nearby rebel cities. Now this tactic does not seem so insecure - the comp does not sit idly by.
All this on the complexity of the hard/medium (because played autoboy).
In the near future I plan to make the fleet more active. I think, along with these changes, it should be good.

D
Dyuk_of_York 19.11.20

Increased range from 80 to 160 units.
The Greeks build all the Greek temples, the Romans - all Roman, or not logically, captured the city of its culture, and the temple under demolition. (Although Dionysus-Bacchus is usually demolished.)
I put an officer and a standard-bearer in everyone. (A separate "thank you" to Dick-y for his units.)
East and Carthage added the Pantheons to the temples. In all Pantheon brings 35% happiness and z3
5% of the legality, except Dionysus-Bacchus, there is 60% happiness and 10% legality. He added the Greek and Roman factions the opportunity to receive in the retinue of the respective temples of the priests. Added priests to the Spaniards (or it was not at all).
The paved roads have moved to level 3, and the highways and shipyards to the 5th level of the city, they have a trading revenue bonus of 5.15 and 25% and 5.15 and 50% respectively. He also added the opportunity for Greeks to build last-level farms, city water pipes and highways. Farms also provide a 5 - 25% increase in trade revenues by levels.
Academies add 10, 20, 30% to the legality - acts for the factions building them. Theatres and arenas are as lucky as thankfully - only for Greeks or Romans respectively. Caravans 10, 20, 30% to trade. The area of executions is 20, 40, 60% to the law and by -10, -15, -20% fortunately. And, "z" only for their own, and "-" for all. You've taken over the city, you don't want to go down the riots.
Taverns and circles of bards are 20 and 40% fortunately for barbarians, -10 and -20% to the law for all. Varvaram added the possibility of building the 4th city level and appropriately barracks, stables, siege workshops and markets and added new units. Spaniards separately paved roads and sewers level 1.
Mines can be built on the 2nd and 4th level of cities, bring 500 and 1500 dollars per move.
Infantry 1-2 levels is recruited for 1 move, 3rd - for 2, 4th and 5th - 80 people - for 2 moves, 120 people - for 3 moves.
Pretorians can be recruited only in the Italian provinces, legionnaires from the 4th level barracks only in 33 or 34 cities (I do not remember) - introduced a new hidden_resurse. In these same cities it is possible to recruit a similar to them 1st cohort, and early - only in Rome. The city cohort, the 1st cohort and the Legionnaires' cohort have a name for the place of recruitment, tried more or less in the historical coincidence to be.
Villa ruler gives 5-25% happiness and law depending on the level.
Gladiators and arkanites are recruited only in pantheons or colosseums.
Stables of the 4th and 5th levels allow the Romans and Greeks to hold races and give 5 and 10% to happiness.
Removed from the hiring of pigs and dogs. Elephants are hired in 2, 3, 4 moves.
All mercenaries have experience of "2."
Version 1.3, Mundus Magna.

c
cataphract_an 19.11.20

I've put the peasants away,
added bonus income from trading to the temple of Neptune,
added a law bonus to academies by 10, 15, 20% respectively,
added a profitability bonus to caravans of 15, 25, 35% respectively,
pretors can only be hired in Rome and In Alexadria,
Legionnaires of the first cohort can be hired in all cities where there is a armored and academy (it is for early), foundry and the last stage of the academy development, also increased their cost of hiring and maintenance three times, hiring them also increased by 12 and 15 moves.
city cohort: hiring 6 moves, the cost of hiring and maintenance increased by 4 times,
Pontu added the possibility of building second-level roads,
races bring happiness by 5 and 10% respectively.

T
Togerd 19.11.20

Hello friends of Igromans !!! I don't know if this topic was published, but I didn't think it was !!!
Please tell me I installed a patch "legion final" - all beautiful, cool ... but how to do so that would not wait for reforms (at the Romans) before the appearance of "legions" ! If anyone knows which file should be edited - please say - or without reforms the Roman nation looks no better than a rebel

D
Dairoku_Temma_o 19.11.20

1. 0 We will pay for peasants.
2. Increased the area of passage of units
3. Increased the number of units of all factions in half. Elite squads 3-4 times, also the time of hiring all sorts of urban, Spartans, priests brought up to ten and 20 moves.
4. Added highways, except the barbarians!
So far, everything...

v
vitaliusUA 19.11.20

1. Created legions with serial numbers
2. Provincial borders have made more realistic
3. Rome unified
4. Increased the area of passage for units per move
5. In the year - 4 moves

M
Modest Myatnyy 19.11.20

Dairoku_Temma_o
Not bad
vitaliusUA
that's good too.

abolished the reform of Maria
So far, everything...

D
Dairoku_Temma_o 19.11.20

By the way without reforms, computer Romans begin to die from the British and Spaniards! I've seen it recently! The barbarians have demolished everything clean! Even the senate escaped from Rome to lilbei!

d
dart vaydar 19.11.20

increased damage to archers
to the level of ballistics)))

e
e13geni4 19.11.20

- a system of four moves a year.
All factions have been unlocked.
- added resources (silver, gold) to build mines in some provinces.
- significantly increased income from mines.
- changed the time of hiring of all factions: peasants 0 moves (mass relocation to accelerate the development of cities), militia - 1 move, all others - 2-3 moves. Now the value of victories in battles has increased, not so quickly recover losses.
- increased morale of troops in all factions (except peasants) by 1.5 times. Now they run less and fight more.
- triaries know how to build in a phalanx.
- added 1 officer to almost all units (except rebels, peasants, militias and all barbaric groups).
- increased garrisons of rebelial cities on the original map by 1.5 times, all units added 2 bald cards of experience.
- increased the cost of gainers by 25%, they immediately have 2 bald experiences, who had 2 experience, became 3. The frequency of recruits and the number of recruitment units have been slightly increased.
- stone walls and above, ports, circuses and amphitheatres add a level of happiness.

An interesting idea - to raise the value of cities from 5 to 10, so that the computer is more willing to "glue" them - in the next game I will definitely try.