3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
ZETey 27.09.20 08:46 pm

Impressions of definitive Edition (Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven)

And so your impression in general?
Did you go in or once?
Or as with Resident 3 all as that is not unambiguous?
173 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 29.09.20

Pekabir
Is the story interesting?

p
pekabir 29.09.20

bazilews
more interesting than the third part. the story of the hard worker who went to success

K
Kvasilich 04.10.20

SkyGame
Pardon, shake with my grumbling - have-imen-fuck-contest, from the point of view of the gameplay Mafia 2002 is better than 70% of consumer goods, which are riveted by casual chumps modern developers. A month ago, it was the tenth time that the game was not there - 2020 on gamedew in general some disappointment - and got no less pleasure than from the current hits. If the angar comrades kept everything as it was in the original, no one would say a bad word to them, on the contrary, would be a perfect remake of the type RE2, which is not to complain, and so - a one-time pass. What good did they bring - gps for topographical nerds? Cut in half a script with over-motivated characters and character motivation, a plot that has flowed from a gangster drama into a three-way parody of a gta? Docual hand-to-hand (for all the simplicity of the original combat from 2002 it looked much more convincing than the crooked two-celled mieshen-capchur)? And the city is just as lifeless, as in the original, only that the collectors scattered, so we were still in LA Noire) Imho, the only thing that realized well - that very memos race (but only the race, not the mission - the mission of flogging on all fronts, from the stripped "routine" with Bertone and the bar and ending with the copy-stop scene of the second mafia with the delivery of the second mafia with the delivery of the second mafia with the delivery of the second mafia. It is sad that now young people will focus on the 1 DAY Mafia, and not on the original, which no one but old naf does not need.

I
IvanTake 04.10.20

Mafia is still a legend, it is difficult to disagree) It was nice to ride on the familiar streets, to see all the same characters, only more detailed. Especially pleased with the graphics and physics, compared to the original it is, of course, better:D It has not yet passed to the end, but as a remaster, she showed herself very well. It was also fun in Friplay to include "GTA mod", with endless health and cartridges to arrange a real chase) If anyone is interested, I can leave the cheat https://goo.su/2dng (not advertising, pure fan)

There are, of course, and cons, after all, even at high complexity everything is quite easy, not enough action. And so solid 5 out of 5.

L
Luxor_GS7 04.10.20

Shooting, of course, shit. From 2 meters from the fractional - the opponent is alive, 2 heads from the colt - alive, (or got into the ears/neck, I do not know what excuse to find), with a rifle with a couple of meters head - alive. This is such a classic so delusional, and even animations of damage did not bring, absorb bullets like rpg orcs. For shooting minus. Complexity of the classic.

L
Luxor_GS7 04.10.20

Gauguin
Yes, in the original sound of course higher on the head, in each area and situation to the place, in its own way masterpiece.

L
Luxor_GS7 04.10.20

Gauguin
Yes, in the original sound of course higher on the head, in each area and situation to the place, in its own way masterpiece.

g
gennaz 04.10.20

Remaster in everything better than the original, dialogues, cut-scenes, gameplay, presentation of the plot, atmosphere, music, graphics do not take into account.
A simple example is a race, it would seem a normal mission, but the developers managed to create an atmosphere of a real battle on wheels.
Spoiler
And in the original it's just a roller-city ride under a bird's tweet.
Spoiler
And such a huge difference in all missions !
Here's another example from the head of a running man.
In the remaster you believe that you are carrying living people, everyone has his own character.
Spoiler
And in the original it's just cardboard dolls.
Spoiler
When the original came out in 2002, he did not impress me at all, I do not understand that the original is so cool? Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

p
pekabir 04.10.20

gennaz
yes, it's clear that the remaster is better. but at the time of the original's release, it didn't have much of a competition. at that time, everyone was playing cardboard ETA3 without a plot and weis City, which are not even close to working out, and generally a little about the other

x
xDarkSTALKERx 04.10.20

SkyGame
When you think young people will know that the game's plot is the most important thing, the atmosphere is in second place... and everything else is NOT IMPORTANT.... that's why we'll allow the same Morrovind top game, and Skyrim's squalid bullshit

b
bma2004 04.10.20

He passed the same craft from Angar13...

Of the big pluses, I would call the extended line of relationships and relationships of characters. Like Sarah and Tom. Some innovations and buns such as shooting at a gas tank, hiding behind objects.

Some missions were supplemented, and some on the contrary cut or chopped.
Spoilers would say that after Morello was hit, we're going to the crash site to check if he's dead. At the same time in the chase at the airport added a firefight with a bunch of bandits from what learned that after the attack at the theater their boss will run there. Also well complemented and expanded missions on the steamer.

Missions with attempts on Sergio were chopped off. And those that left united in one. Killing his baba we do not return to the bar to develop a new plan, and immediately go to the next point in the form of a cafe from where and pursue it to the port. Mission with an attempt in a pizzeria and a plot with the push out of Sergio's car under the train - cut out. The mission in the port, like most others, lost its complexity and scope.

There is no point in writing about the "country walk" with her racing with an armored car knocking out of the common horse. It wasn't written by a lazy current.

Yellow Pete's cut out. Just like the plots from Luca Bertone. Now the company does not have him at all. He's in the Walk, but he doesn't leak the wheelbarrows for running his errands, and we're stupidly looking for them on photo postcards.

From the port in cigars, we're now stealing drugs, not pebbles. With which Salieri in the plot and ideology did not want and forbade to communicate ... At the same time, according to the dialogues at the beginning, we have to find the truck, stun and rob the driver on the travel sheets to get to the port (as in the original), and the game - stupidly in the parking lot take it with all the papers in the glove compartment ...

The final mission also lost its complexity.

Well, the characters themselves.
Tommy is now as soulless as Vito from the M2. If the original Tommy after each mission reflected on what happened and gave out some clever, philosophical thought, but the new Thomas - just takes and does without even thinking ...
Polly was turned into an alcoholic jerk.

let's add bugs and idiocy.
- in the race, if we used to turn over and break our necks, now turning the wheel to the top wheels - we can turn it by clicking the button and continue the race further. No health problems and no hairstyles...
-when restored from the point of view. Exploded cars, boxes of weapons and first aid kits are refiled. Now you can go back to the previous piece of level and replenish the kp and cartridges where already replenished ...

-Well, ai and opponents and allies are stupid. up to the point that you are being run at all growth with a machine gun as in what kind of games of the beginning of the century ...

In general, if you consider a separate game re-jumping the plot "other eyes" - then in general nothing. If you compare with the original - the bottom of the day ...

p
pekabir 04.10.20

bma2004 wrote:
well and AI opponents and allies blunt
it's also in the original blunt. opponents often stood blankly facing the wall until you run up close

x
xDarkSTALKERx 04.10.20

gennaz
You only in the GTA to play fapi on a beautiful picture, games with atmosphere and plot is not for you, has not grown yet

g
gennaz 04.10.20

xDarkSTALKERx
And did the plot and atmosphere go somewhere?
Or maybe the game just didn't start?)))
Spoiler

x
xDarkSTALKERx 04.10.20

Pekabir
And you did not pass not on an easy level of difficulty to play???

x
xDarkSTALKERx 04.10.20

gennaz
I don't have the habit of saying that about games that didn't go through, at least 95%, the plot there is neutered, and there is no that atmosphere of America 20-30 years.... There are such games that must beat untouchable, Morrowind, Gothic, Splinter Cell , the first parts of Hitman, Prince of Persia, roars, remasters, remakes of such games often stand with a sign minus (remember the remake of NFS Most Wanted)... in order to make a high-quality remake, it should at least work on the same team as the original because only such people will not allow mockery of their offspring. A remake of mafia is a repeat of the rape game in a perverted form

R
Rintsler 04.10.20

I'm sorry I bought it.

x
xDarkSTALKERx 04.10.20

Pekabir
First level there can be changed, but only in the race, secondly, the keyboard filled with tea sometimes confuses the letters, well, and in the third I do not know in what version of the person played, but on the license from 1C, how many times did not pass, passed, not once not one enemy did not stupidly stood muzzle in the wall. But in general, this remake, to that Mafia, does not reach about the same as the Cossack does not reach the BMW x5

x
xDarkSTALKERx 04.10.20

Pekabir
First level there can be changed, but only in the race, secondly, the keyboard filled with tea sometimes confuses the letters, well, and in the third I do not know in what version of the person played, but on the license from 1C, how many times did not pass, passed, not once not one enemy did not stupidly stood muzzle in the wall. But in general, this remake, to that Mafia, does not reach about the same as the Cossack does not reach the BMW x5

k
koltos17 04.10.20

It seems to me that with the possibilities of 2020 it was possible to convey the atmosphere very coolly. In 2002 we did what they could and even more. But in 2k20 it was possible to direct in the style of classic Hansta-films, slow narration, dialogues, entourage.

But the cut-scenes and dialogues resemble just a category-b action movie.

Like just a fighter for a can of beer sort of norm. But how to rethink the classics full bottom q)

The same remake of RE2 clung to directing, coolly remade. There's no way here.