3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nihiliant 17.10.20 09:19 pm

Impressions of the game (God of War)

What do you think of the game?
27 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 17.10.20

The main character. The first thing that distinguishes the game from the rest of the slashers. Kratos is not a classic character of the genre. He does not save the world with a smile on his face, he has a history and a past. Characters with his character are usually put in place of antagonists. Ares saved Kratos and he had to pay the price. Who else cares that this price was too high? Kratos is wrong, but he's still rotting his stick. He's bad. He kills civilians, burns the defenseless in cages, throws into the abyss innocent. And he's a protagonist. He has a well-researched history and a complex character. He wants to sympathize even knowing that he is wrong. Such a main character - already original and good.

Ancient Greek mythology. Canons are observed, the game takes place against the backdrop of ancient buildings. Bosses - Minotaur, Hydra, Ares - are also borrowed from there. The world, though borrowed, but still exists, unlike some DMC where inattention to the world in the beginning catches the eye.

It's a fight. Oh, the combat system here is perfect. Management is comfortable and not too complicated, the effects are bright and beautiful. Pumping is simple and linear - there are 4 skills and 2 weapons - each has several levels, which raise a new trick and increase the damage. Classic red-green-blue spheres are also available here. Enemies are diverse both externally and in the ways of killing them. The environment in the game does not shine variety, but does not look scarce - destroyed Athens, a classic ancient tomb, ships in the middle of the stormy sea, desert, canyons.

The game is also large and open levels. Often you can go back and walk about the places of former glory, after the fall the hero does not die (unless, of course, he fell not into the abyss) and have to climb up again. By the way, this generates one of the huge disadvantages of the game - confusion. Constant falls and long back climbs can have a bad impact on nerves. Some of the puzzles are closely related to the global change of scenery - scroll through the astroms so that they form a long corridor, for example. It is very highly confusing and you can spend hours wandering through long labyrinths cursing designers. Seven times a game I had to watch video walking levels. Fortunately, often the levels are clogged with secret bonuses that dilute the endless running through the corridors.

Puzzles. Oh, the second major minus. They are common and vary in complexity - sometimes you need to press a couple of levers, sometimes push the box to the right button, and sometimes - remotely open the door through hundreds of flights or at speed to swim/jump /run a fast closing passage full of blades. Most of the mysteries are simple, but those rare complex ones are remembered for a long time. For example, you need to jump very quickly on rotating logs between which the blades ply. Difficult. Long. It's brain-like.

Lasagne on the walls sometimes brings variety to the battles, and sometimes turns into another brain-drome (remembering the kingdom of Hades).

The plot is great. Kratos' story is interesting and quite reveals his character.

The passage took a little more than two days. Not bad for a slasher.

Pros:
It's a great combat system.
That's a great story.
Very brutal and unconventional main character.

Cons:
Sometimes the puzzles are too complicated.
Too hardcore gameplay in the end.

Verdict is a great slasher that started a great series. 8.9/10

D
Dimentr666 17.10.20

The greatest oarslity of this psychologically introdied chronology led me to a varied delight!!! I can say that this project brought its creators a certain amount of money) I really like the plot of Kratos' life, even the see-it-throughs just, without playing, sometimes look! The reversal of this story in me opened the BIG potential of the little warrior, and the new vision on PS2. When the great war engulfed Greece in a convict led by the great spartan warrior Kratos dehydrated and wounded lying on the mountain of corpses threatened with death, his words at that moment did not wait for his fate. Kratos turned to Ares: ARES! HIT MY ENEMIES! AND MY LIFE WILL BE YOURS!!! he expected such a literal meaning of his words. The game has no convict and I hope there will be no competitors. With each part of G o W becomes more ahuen, modern doshol protectically to the limit, but, remember where it all began. A return to the origins of this mad-drug) saga will never be harmful!!!!!!!!!!!!

W
WarlokIII 17.10.20

Just passed the first part on the emul... I'm a fan of DMS, so I won't call it the best, but in the top three, it's definitely available...
The game lacks base drive, you stick familiar combinations, sometimes mate because of a stupid camera ...
In the overall game the solid 9...

g
grafriddler 17.10.20

The iga is quite high-quality, but still if you compare with other games in the series, you can immediately say - that this game is the first. In the second part of the plot more thoughtful, but too large abundance of bosses, so to speak another extreme. In the third part everything is already harmonized and the number of riddles and the number of bosses.

D
Dr. Otto Wolfgang Ort-Mey 17.10.20

Everything is just fine in this game, but that's something I was very difficult to balance on masts and different boards. Constantly falling through the step. Plus the camera can not be twisted, instead rolls.

D
Denis Prokura 17.10.20

Friends, is there a god of war 1 with a Russian voiceover? I mean, does it even exist in nature? I was told by a salesman that the 1 had not been translated into Russian at all, is that it?

B
BestPlayer1 17.10.20

Denis Prokura
There was no official localization, but there is also a number of Russian subtitles in the pirate voiceover.