3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex_Aleksandrov 17.12.20 05:11 am

Jackie Wells - For or Against That He Lived (Cyberpunk 2077)

What a pity to lose your best friend at the very beginning of the game.

Let's discuss .. is it possible to somehow beat the game so that Jackie would stay with us ...?
Why, after Wells's death, can he call his phone and leave messages ... (as if we will meet again) ???
Maybe He will return to us? Or will it be returned in the next part of the game?
The world of Cyberpunk is a thin line between death and life .. in which it is difficult to die ... because our scan remains in the neurochip ... as with Joni Silverhand .. so maybe we can meet with Jackie Wells ?!

PS It was a very sad moment for me when Jackie died. It was as if something in me swayed ...
You know, I love when games or movies affect my real life ... when a game or movie evokes real emotions .. This is what is so lacking in many modern games. That would concern us directly everything that happens in the virtual world.
I think when reality intersects with virtuality by means of thoughts This is CYBERPUNK.
44 Comments
Sort by:
p
pashalet 18.12.20

Yaroslav308
Empathy not for a living being, and not for an object of art, but a bunch of pixels? Ok, whatever you say. You probably empathize with the "heroes" of some Nicolas Cage in every B-category TV action? Tears like TS? To the crunch of your fingers, to a nervous cigarette on the balcony? It will pass. It's not your "empathy" buddy, but adolescent infantilism, plus the absence of real strong emotions in real life;)

O
Outcast from Brookvolino 18.12.20

I wonder when you got so attached to Jackie? All that was shown with him is a video for a minute, the player is forced to be friends with him. The character was revealed so disgustingly for me. That's all that was in the video, you need to do missions. We are not watching a movie where the timing is limited. And so in almost everything. The same Silverhand I ignored after waking up, having drunk pills. I go downstairs to pick up the car and he’s already talking in a friendly manner with him, well, who does that?

p
pashalet 18.12.20

Outcast from Brookvolino
That's exactly what I tried to convey above. No, I understand - empathy for a character that is skillfully spelled out, to which you are forced to stick. But here? Camon - I played for a street kid, so Jackie threw me off the first thing, threatened me with a gun, and in a second we were already friends. And a brutal street fighter, seeing me for the first time in his life, immediately invites me to dinner with his mother, and then a short clip-cutting how we instantly became inseparable? Brother for brother?)) Then he actively gets in the way for another couple of missions, the sense from him is less than zero at the same time. No history, no immersion in "relationships." This is your bro, you are a mountain for him - eat the installation and rejoice. But for some this surrogate is enough for "empathy", yes. Well, I guess I'm just an insensitive biscuit, oha))

B
Black_Water 19.12.20

pashalet
Well, I don't even know. I passed for a nomad, Jackie tried to throw as soon as we met (however, I turned a blind eye to it). Then there was the prologue, the training missions, the raid after the biochip, his death.
I agree that the writers did not manage to reveal the character well - because they got a kind of stereotypical "amigo", which, one feels, can be dug up in any film / series about dozens of Mexican brothers. Anyway, they seem to have followed the most careless and lazy way to evoke a feeling of affection for the character and a feeling of empathy - they just put a few speeches in his mouth about the severity of his life and how he dreams of finally becoming at least someone in it, "to break through to the Major League ", then they let him die literally in the arms of the years, so that he would then suffer a sense of guilt. A good way to get feelings for the character, well.
And then Wells's mom's ofrenda, where the feelings already received from the death of the character are amplified. And it's done, the writers had to work a little less,

However, I will not deny that this technique worked for me personally - the fate of Jackie caused a little sadness. But nothing more.

t
topchagg 22.12.20

And everyone forgot that if you pull out the chip, then the person will die immediately? I think this is what happened to him.
But now the question is, how did Silverhand survive?

E
Eriori 24.12.20

topchagg
No, he only considers a person dead. Rebuilds it.

v
vladuxa03 24.12.20

I agree that the character could have been revealed better and the affection would have been less "imposed". On the other hand, it means that his fate was originally conceived in this way, in this case it makes no sense to stretch the "rewind" of the adventures at the beginning. Many details about the character, by the way, are revealed after his death, but for those who are really looking for these details, and not galloping around the game. Either way, it's hard to deny the fact that this is one of the most memorable and charismatic characters. I would like to see him alive

V
Vincent_V 07.01.21

baker
Ok ... I agree that Joe had a significant role in the story. But it seems to me that everyone should judge Jackie for himself. You can consider him both from the bad side (passing for a corporate party), and from the side of the fact that he is not a shitty person in other stories. So, I feel sorry for him not just like that, but because he strongly reminds me of that Joe (charisma, size, etc. (VERY PERSONAL OPINION !!!)). And since after passing the second mafia I could not move away from the ending for a very long time, now I am very uncomfortable, because I managed to get into this huge and loving hulk.

p
pekabir 07.01.21

Vincent_V
people, you have problems with empathy. Joe, like Jackie (as well as the novel from GTA4, poly from the mafia, etc.) was not at all sorry. their death was not sudden and unreasonable, they deserved it. the standard result is "the kid went to success"

d
dilat 07.01.21

Bgg, I didn't like him

S
Soucifire 07.01.21

Vyxyxol
Luck came in handy, thanks. An engram was removed from him, although it turned out rather a basic image of Jackie. He speaks in simple phrases and what he has already told us to death.

Y
Youxyxol 07.01.21

Soucifire
But do you understand that this is not a full-fledged engram, like Silverhand's, but such a "circle around" the last minutes of your life? Moreover, this scenario is only possible if the body is sent to Victor's clinic, and agents of "Arasaki" will intercept it along the way. But what about those who sent him not to Victor, but to Mama Wells, for example? Or even left at the motel? Who then will remove the engram from him, huh? Apparently, the bums at the motel, or the bartender Pepe? Which of these options is the canon one according to the developers? Unknown. Conclusion: talking with confidence about the removal of the engram and further "resurrection" of Jackie is bullshit.

S
Stalker608 08.01.21

You
may not know everything about the game, but the beginning of the game always hovers - there is a dexter, there is a tee-bug, there are jacks, and how they decided to steal the chip together is roughly understandable - but it does not have a clear beginning. maybe dexter had his own plans (his past is not clear at all) or, on the contrary, Jackie, all this is of course a conspiracy, but in all prologues Jackie is closely associated with Arasaki and somehow harmed her, maybe quite consciously with the background. a bunch is a cool fixer and an important order can have a second bottom, although again, my ideas

A
Angelica04 08.02.21

Jackie had to inevitably die for the plot, and so yes he is very sorry. If you play for the corp, then he was her only close friend. His friendship with the nomad is strained, and the bandit is comical at all, just that his friends wanted to kill each other in a minute. But I play as corp, you really get used to it. And he cannot be resurrected, he is not a billionaire with biochips like Saboro.

D
Denis g 08.02.21

Yes, the decision to remove such a colorful character from the game at the end of the first act is quite inexplicable. Like T-Bug and Dexter and Evelyn. This is largely why the first act is felt and played in a different, interesting way.
Actually, already in the second act, something obscene already begins, and one feels that yes, it was at this moment that the game was either abandoned, because it was tired, or everything was in the process, but there was not enough time, or all the forces were thrown at Keanu. Which, by the way, did not become an interesting character himself, and others did not appear.
There is an opinion that Jackie can return in the dlts-prequel, about the same six months between the prologue and the first act, but the idea is average lousy, because there are not so many people who want to play the obviously losing character.

T
TheGhostDer123 08.02.21

Well, if he hadn't taken out the chip, he would have survived.

b
bBK201 12.03.21

Vyxyxol
you made a mistake, remove the engram in life, so the old man Arasaki copied himself when he was alive, Hanako said it yourself, so that probably if they are not terminally ill as a Vee or before his death, then all someone who copied alive.

A
Alpharius20 12.03.21

Dream Seller The
trick is that it is not possible to roleplay anyone, because the lines and emotions of the GG are pre-registered and he will whine in the car like a bitch when Jackie is all. The question is, what is the RPG?

F
Foxxx1331 30.03.21

AlexLucis
is here ... at least I found someone else who loves to dig-see-go through every little thing ... I still lick the game when I have free time ...

s
satanicgod 30.03.21

Yeah, weak. Not the same level as with Lambert and Vesemir.