3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
ShаQ 17.12.20 05:39 am

Impressions of the game v.2 (Need for Speed: Undercover)

Actually, we express ourselves.
46 Comments
Sort by:
U
ULTRAFRONT 17.12.20

A small comparison of the PC version and the PS3 console version.

I will say this. In 2008 I played this game on PC and was disappointed. Why? read the posts above and google and everything will become clear. Not so long ago I ran undercover on PS3 to check if there were any differences between the PC and console versions. And what do you think, yes, they are and the consoles win in this comparison and strongly. Here are a number of differences:

-Shadows, oh yes, I won't tell you how flawed they are on the PC, you saw it yourself. everything is fine on PS3. And by the way, dynamic shadows work correctly.
-Reflections on PS3 look more convincing, especially on the wheels of the car.
-Control is perhaps one of the most frustrating things about playing on pc. On the PS3, it is smoother and even has some kind of drift.
-There are also a few small differences, like puddles with reflections on the floor in the garage, and so on ...
-Bloom, in the version on the pc, it was as if an atomic explosion occurred and everything was lit up. Bloom is not as pronounced on PS3.
-Adding levels. Well, this is a PC version, so to speak. Whoever played will understand. For some reason there is no such thing on the PS3, some textures are loaded, it happens, but no more.
-The only thing that was not quite impressed is the drop in FPS in some moments of the game on PS3.

Personally, I liked the version on the console and I even wanted to play the game again. It would be foolish to say now that the game is a masterpiece, far from it, but it will find its player. On PS3, the game looks more convincing and not so dull.
In the absence of adequate games with the open world of the police and car tuning, I can only recommend Undercover and only on consoles.

b
bubble trouble 17.12.20

5 years have passed, and so I decided to sit down to play Undercover. The picture is scary for 2008, and monstrous for 2014, but somehow I try not to notice it. But the fact that on my system with a dual-core process at 3.8 Hz, Vidyukha 400-series GF and 4 gigs of operatives, this mossy ghost manages to jerk, really hurts me. Well, at least the city is not loaded with a delay, as he did in 2008 ...

The race as a whole is nothing: there is some balance, the physics is "iron", the cars are cool, the plot is crazy as always. In 2008, the people were already so tired of nidforspids that they refused to eat undercover. Today it looks like good entertainment for several evenings, especially if Rivals slows down ... :)

A
ALEX DINE 17.12.20

Yes, yes, yes, I also ponted with pleasure) It's a pity, online dead))

L
Lightman_R 17.12.20

Down the Beaten Track

In 2007, Need for Speed: ProStreet was released and thanks to ProStreet, the NFS series took a huge step forward. A new engine, only professional races, huge opportunities for tuning a car, a festive atmosphere - all this is ProStreet. And then a year later, Undercover comes out.

Need For Speed: Undercover returns to the already tried-and-true arcade race + cops scheme, but added a new element. The plot has appeared.
We have to play as an undercover agent, who was instructed to work into the trust of a local gang of racers in order to find out everything about stolen cars. The plotter is built on hackneyed clichés and after the first video you can understand what will happen at the end and what will cause it.

The engine inherited from the last game. And it turned out that Heroic Driving Engine doesn't perform well in the open world.
- Strange car physics. On straight lines, the car is sometimes uncontrollable, but freely enters the turns;
- Tuning was castrated. If in PR you could literally sharpen the car for yourself, then in Undercover you have to be content with the stubs of everything that was in ProStreet. The tuning is more like Carbon.

Police. What can I say about them? The police have become even dumber than they were before and now they will not even run over with numbers.

Pros: over time, races begin to give pleasure, because rivals begin to resist; good soundtrack; pleasant autumn atmosphere outside the main city.

Need for Speed: Undercover is saved by a good release of the main ideas of the series. If there were no good races and tracks - the game could have been sent to the furnace

G
Gray Cardinal 001 17.12.20

The music in the game is so-so. Why is one level called GTA 5.0? It sucks and not a game.

O
Oleg Nikitin9111685 17.12.20

still a little bit and would have bypassed the vanted bridge