3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20 04:24 pm

Discussion of APC and L.D. Alians' techniques (Half-Life 2)

This topic discusses different types of Alliance technology, as well as synths in that chill and soldiers
107 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cvoxalury 22.12.20

So what should we discuss first?
Let's get the Alliance BTR (APC).
Here are mine ... in general, here:
1) The APC runs on gasoline - you can hear the engine, but there may well be a use for the energy technologies of the Alliance - for powering equipment (ignition, starter, heated seats, cigarette lighter))), as well as for weapons.
2) In an explosion, the driver does not fly out of the armored personnel carrier, unlike a helicopter, where as many as two take off, and the third, imho, continues to drive the vehicle and eventually dies with it.
In the APC, either a) there is no person at all, or b) the glass does not allow him / them to get out / catapult / fall out, or simply c) they are held by gravity.
3) The armored personnel carrier has a small view from the cockpit. Plus, the glass doesn't look very transparent. There are also several options here: a) the driver sees everything on the screen, b) the glass is transparent from the inside, and the outside is covered with a light filter, c) there are several people (less likely)
4) At long distances, the APC shoots missiles, at the close ones - with a machine gun, from behind Moreover, in my opinion, it is difficult to aim the rocket near, and in the distance the machine gun has a large spread.

V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20

But my question is what are the wheels of the armored personnel carrier made of?

V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20

and that our armored personnel carrier had forgotten there in the tunnel, because there is no other war technology of earthlings.

V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20

Well, where are the visitors?

C
Cvoxalury 22.12.20

I wrote at the beginning Let's Alliance BTR (APC).

And the wheels ... well, in my opinion, they look like tank tracks in structure, made of shields, and the shields, in turn, are made of the Alliance's proprietary alloy.

And the technique of earthlings ... well, the helicopter is still in Ep2. And Borealis, for that matter.

edit

Well, where are the visitors?
There are not very many of them here at all, nothing, they will notice, they will post.

V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20

Yes, but what happened to the old var ships, tanks, etc.
After all, there was a war.

V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20

But if you can enter the armored personnel carrier, how ???

C
Cvoxalury 22.12.20

They were probably handed over for scrap)
And so - probably scattered across forests, fields, deserts ... the Alliance pumps out water, so ships in general can be on kilometer-long beaches, aground.
Here it is not clear - in the city, in the tunnel, the human armored personnel carrier remained, and nowhere in the wasteland there is nothing. What, they stole everything?

But if you can enter the armored personnel carrier, how ???
To Alliance? Throwing back the glass, imho

V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20

Maybe their alliance reworked so that the military station would not be subdued,
but not attacked.

V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20

there may be a door with a window in the back ..

H
Heavy man 22.12.20

in general, if you look closely, then there is an ordinary door, like in modern
carspix.PlayGround.ru

C
Cvoxalury 22.12.20

Poor eyesight! There are no complaints about me! :) I
just haven't considered it for a long time ...
By the way, does it seem to me, or does such a door open like old cars (and some modern ones)?
Well, in terms of proportions, it turns out that just for one driver ... for one with convenience, in any case. But still, the view is too small, as if in a fighter.
And in the back there cannot fit a few? As in UAZs.

V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20

And where did the missiles come from ???

W
Wolk000 22.12.20

let's start

soooo .... we have an armored personnel carrier, or APC
1) szay it has doors, it's like an armored personnel carrier, an armored personnel carrier, that is, it is intended for the movement of soldiers first of all, we
fire: the
PlayGround.ru
window I tag and did not understand why, mb just to watch, mb just to make it easier for the rebels to throw grenades there, but voshche, this is most likely a rear view,
just imagine an armored troop-carrier arrived, and from it from behind ten harvesters will jump out and everyone in the neighborhood is kicking out
2) PlayGround.ru
here the door is more than visible, and this is good, rather most likely, there is a driver, and most likely, the driver enters / exits here, and a detachment of fighters is from behind
3)PlayGround.ru
here you can see the trailers so that the armored personnel carrier could be attached anywhere, and what for the forge in the center I will not understand? these are either spotlights or a viewer for the carrier, but the review is a little more than none in this case
4) PlayGround.ru
here it is more than visible that there is still glass at the top. you can also see a filling for gasoline, or does it work there
and more cho: the machine gun is located on the side of the glass, how then does the shooter shoot in the other direction? and back? I nipaymu choto ...
5) pay attention to the massive wheels, just for dirt
6) it is pretty clear that inside the btra there is a place for seating the fighters inside, although it is cramped, but even so
PlayGround.ru

C
Combine. 22.12.20

I'm sure the developers did not even ask such a deep study of every detail that you are trying to make out right now.
And I'm also sure that nerds will come and start fiercely, furiously refuting my thesis. Even if they do not write here (so that I am a fool, nunu :), they will think it is accurate.
By the way, Happy New Year everyone!

W
Wolk000 22.12.20

everything that can be thought out in hl is thought out

A
Artalus 22.12.20

\ How does the shooter shoot in the other direction then? and back?
in strider fashion (as well as if you observe the behavior of the armored personnel carrier up close), you will notice that the machine gun is fixed on a clever stand, which raises it so that it does not catch on the cockpit glass

G
Gamei versetti 22.12.20

And I'll start about the helicopter, so
1) apart from the pilot, there is also an alliance soldier sitting in the helicopter, well, everyone knows that he provides support because I think he has a better view and he can kill soldiers with RPG.
2) The helicopter is better armored than the armored personnel carrier in it, even after 10 hits, it just lights up, you can only shoot down from the pulse cannon and then not immediately.
3) Perhaps in the helicopter there may be several paratroopers of 5 pieces, but most likely they are used only in massive operations that they rarely like more with crab shells, imagine if the rebels will have to fly about 100 of such turntables.
4) Most likely, in addition to the pilot, there is a shooter who guides the target and drops mines, but when he is knocked out, then most likely the shooter is not well protected, then he dies and since it is difficult for the pilot to control this and that, he drops mines at random.

Here's my IMHO

W
Wolk000 22.12.20

Perhaps in the helicopter there may be several paratroopers of 5 pieces, but most likely they are used only in massive operations, which they rarely like more with crab shells, imagine if the rebels will have to fly about 100 of such turntables.
look at the helicopter) there 2e then barely fit

G
Gamei versetti 22.12.20

Why did you get that there they are sitting there in a special container