3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Victor Kaiser 22.12.20 04:24 pm

Discussion of APC and L.D. Alians' techniques (Half-Life 2)

This topic discusses different types of Alliance technology, as well as synths in that chill and soldiers
107 Comments
Sort by:
C
Cvoxalury 22.12.20

Well, here it’s not about synthetics, but about technology. Synthetics ... yes, combat units, but not technology in the usual sense of the word.

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

Thanks for the amendment. And where do the missiles come from in the armored personnel carrier? From the teleport, like the helicopter bombs?

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

Alex, look at the first post in the topic-synthetics are also discussed here. By the way, no one seems to have written yet that there is a place in the game where you can get into an APC!

C
Cvoxalury 22.12.20

And where do the missiles come from in the armored personnel carrier?

Well, there it is ... there is an artillery mini-plant inside, obviously)

look at the first post in the topic-synthetics are also discussed here

It says - "types of equipment of the Alliance, as well as synths", not "technology, including synths" ... And in general, speaking of light equipment, I still had in mind light equipment, well, human, motorcycles, boats, which are used by someone, by troops, and not by itself and not by itself - vosyka, like synthetics.

In general, yes ... to discuss synthetes here too ...

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

Sometimes it seems to me that these armored personnel carriers are generally controlled remotely. In them, there is no free space at all, during an explosion the cabin is completely destroyed, but there are no traces of the driver there. What do you think about that?

C
Cvoxalury 22.12.20

There is glass in the cockpit, therefore, someone needs it, therefore, someone is looking through it) so there is a driver, one way ... or another ...

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

The camera eyepiece can also be located under this glass.

T
Tupas 22.12.20

Gordon sits down in an armored personnel carrier in a strange way - he crawls under it, so there is still no room))

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

Exactly)) one more proof

T
Tupas 22.12.20

But how can they be controlled from there, there is no steering wheel?
pix.PlayGround.ru
By the way, someone I remember writing in secrets or another topic, like "I wonder why there are places under the armored personnel carrier just to get in there", that's the answer - there are Goshniki sitting there)

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

Yeah, there are holes in the bottom of the armored personnel carrier, GO-shniks will climb in there, lift the car and drag it on themselves, while roaring in a gas mask in chorus, depicting the sound of the engine))) by the way, I'm sitting here from my phone, can I insert screenshots?

T
Tupas 22.12.20

Yeah, there are holes in the bottom of the armored personnel carrier, the GO-shniks will climb in there, lift the car and drag it on themselves, while roaring in chorus in the gas mask, depicting the sound of the engine)))
And I was thinking why you can't shoot) There are probably at least two Goshniks - one drags, the other shoots.

By the way, I'm sitting here from my phone, can I insert screenshots?
From the phone? HZ, try it.

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

is there a cheat on the armored personnel carrier?

T
Tupas 22.12.20

No.

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

Since we can discuss synths here, I want to clarify something about Hunters. When I watched them crawl into small crevices, I got the impression that their outer shell could be soft, elastic, but bullet resistant. What are the opinions on this matter?

O
Officer GO 73-85 22.12.20

Hmm. Behind the glass the eyepiece of the camera ... hmm what for. The camera can be turned bluntly into the armor plate. And if there are no people, nah finally can make a cabin ... Don't they want to scare the resists with the truth hyy ...

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

Then the camera could be easily knocked out with a bullet, and the bulletproof glass would reliably protect it.

M
Mentat 1 22.12.20

All of the following is my IMHO: armored personnel carrier - semi-automatic. It is controlled remotely, and by a light AI "Rapid Response", similar to the AMS. Ladder and door - designed primarily for maintenance. The Alliance is not stupid. The equipment breaks down, the schematics burn out there, the contacts fall off), especially if the equipment is military. And so, a peppy stalker receives an order to repair an armored personnel carrier covered with soot and dents from bullets. He opens the door and climbs inside. He checks all the systems, nodes (which are all there for convenience), glances at some boards and wiring, conducts another test, after which he receives his ration, and the right to quietly stay in an iron tank.
However, in critical situations (the last armored personnel carrier stands motionless, and Freeman is only 3 kilometers away!), When it is impossible to repair, due to the absence of a stalker, an Alliance soldier will climb inside (holding his knees, sideways) and operate the armored personnel carrier manually. For such cases - the windshield. Not a hot theory, but ...

G
GordonFreeman29 22.12.20

Quite possible

N
New user 22.12.20

Not technology, but some kind of dark blue boxes, like the buildings of the Population Plant in Red Faction: Guerilla. IMHO. Although, in an alien way it looks ...