3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20 12:29 am

Are you still waiting for Lost Alpha? (STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl)

The official release date of Lost Alpha has become known - the third quarter of 2012.

All previous dates were dubious and were given a little "from the bulldozer" - the developers could not estimate how long they would have to spend to complete work on the addon. The new date was calculated carefully and most likely Lost Alpha will be released on time.
It should be added that for the first time the release date of Lost Alpha appeared on moddb. Dezodor previously wrote that no LA release date can be official if it is not specified on moddb.

The Dezowave team needs to finish the plot, add the remaining secondary quests and catch bugs along the way. Then work on localization will begin.

There is information that Lost Alpha will be sold together with GSC at a minimal price. Nothing else is known about this. I just informed that no one would be shocked by this news in the future. I have a theory on this, but Dezodor asked not to be worth a conspiracy theory so clarification will wait.
Spoiler
The Dez0Wave development team is working on bringing back the very stalker we've been waiting for. The locations that were cut from the original will be completely restored, many amazing gameplay features that, for some unknown reason, never reached the player, will be returned. But that's not all. The developers will bring a lot of their own, which will make the game the way many want to see it.
Development began back in 2008. During all this time, the developers have done a great job. Every day the addon is growing, acquiring new features, and very soon everyone will be able to enjoy an unforgettable trip to that very zone!

Lost Alpha official website
http://lost-alpha.com/
67 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sima4 23.12.20

Well, we'll wait. :)

R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20

Sima4
will be super! because this mod is based on the 1935 build)

M
Mercenary 23.12.20

RESPEKTROMETR
Lost Alpha will be cool, but still waiting for more Cryzone

r
real.madrid 23.12.20

I have never heard of such a fashion, but still I will wait!

R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20

real.madrid
you go to the official website there are video diaries)
and the mod itself has been in development since 2008!
here is a video for build 1935 itself

S
Sima4 23.12.20

RESPEKTROMETR
Video zachooot :) Locations changed, but recognizable.
Waiting :)

R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20

here's another video) it's old, but still®

system requirements Lost Alpha!
SpoilerFor playing with static lighting, on which more emphasis is actually placed,
Processor: 2 GHz minimum (Intel, AMD) 2.5 GHz is recommended.
RAM: 2GB 400MHz DDR1
VGA: ATI 9800 or NVIDIA 7600
Hard Drive: 10GB free space + 4GB paging file.

For full dynamic lighting:
Processor: 2 cores and about 3 GHz
RAM: 3 GB or more.
VGA: ATI HD4000 series or NVIDIA 8800 or higher.
Hard Drive: 10 GB available hard disk space + 4 GB swap file or more The

above specifications are recommended for maximum settings, so if
lower graphics quality settings, a slow computer will handle static or even dynamics.

"The shadow of the grass" does not even last for the video card RadeonHD5770 (Deodor has it)

R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20

SpoilerDezowave has restored almost all the old life simulation schemes. NPCs can travel around the Zone without restrictions, they can go to most levels. In addition, NPCs will take tasks from merchants and complete them, after which they will return for a reward. In builds like 1935 (simulation test builds) A-Life was not worked out. NPCs spawn in large numbers and unpredictably. In Lost Alpha, the simulation is, on the contrary, worked out and controlled by scripts. The scripts for movement control and action selection have been greatly expanded. In Lost Alpha there will be no complete limitation and there will be no madness - everything is neatly balanced and as close as possible to the "golden mean". Dezodor at the end of 2009 wrote about some "secret" the possibilities of simulation that may be in Lost Alpha - I did not want to reveal what they are before the release so that "the fans will not kill us if they have to cut them out." Recently it was found out that these "secret" things work well and perhaps they will survive until release. It remains to wish that the AI ​​behaves well

Locations "Dark Hollow" and "Dead City" in Lost Alpha have been recreated using old screenshots, maps of the area from the PDA of the original PM. Most of the other levels are modified versions from builds or the original Shadows of Chernobyl. All levels are similar to the build options in terms of vegetation type and colors. In general, most levels contain a lot of living vegetation, but also dead trees and grass.
Detailed information on locations:
1. Cordon. Based on the level from build 1935. The geometry has been fixed and the length of the northern part of the level has been increased.
2. Landfill. Based on the level from build 1935. The geometry has been fixed, new objects, a vehicle dump and new vegetation have been added.
3. Agroprom. Based on the level from build 1935. The dungeon and the aboveground part are one level. There are probably more entrances to the dungeon.
4. Rostock Bar. Perhaps it will be called "Big Cement Plant". Combined version of Wild Territory and Bar from PM with significant extensions. Perhaps the level is based on a variant from 1935.
5. Plant Rostock. Based on a network card from PM.
6. Dark Valley. Build-based.
7. Construction site. Based on the old version of Dark Valley, very different from the release of Dark Valley and from the 1935 version.
8. Dark Hollow. Connects the Dark Valley and Cordon. Unlike the version, GSC is a full-fledged level, and not just a track for fun rides by car from a helicopter. There is a Sin group camp, a merchant, an abandoned military test site, a gas station, the famous railway bridge, and other facilities.
9. Army Warehouses. I don't know the details. Most likely they will not differ much from the version in PM.
10. Dead City. It can be described as a highly extended build version of the location. Made entirely from scratch.
11. Swamps. Based on build 1935. Multiple geometry edits have been made.
12. Amber. Based on a location from build 1935. A huge number of edits were made. Added water and vegetation, expanded the camp of scientists - that's just what is known.
13. Abandoned Factory. Based on PM Amber. Strongly expanded. Laboratory X-16 will be located under this location.
14.X-16. Based on the location of the same name from PM.
15. Radar. Based on the location of the same name from PM. Heaps of debris have been added to the center of the area, some barbed wire fences have been removed and vegetation has been added.
16. Pripyat. Level based from PM. Added vegetation and new objects, removed barricades and added apartments that you can enter.
17. ChNPP. A combined version from Shadows of Chernobyl. Perhaps based on the build version, but the point is different - the southern and northern parts are not separated, the level is solid. Added vegetation, removed generators in the northern part, etc.
18. Generators. The location is based on a variant from build 1935. There is no detailed information.
19. Big village. Based on the deadmil location. 8 square kilometers of playable space.
20. Outskirts of Pripyat. Looks like homemade. No detailed information is available.
21. X-18.
22. X-10.
23. X-7.
24. Sarcophagus. New document rooms have been added.
25. X-14.
26. Dungeons of Pripyat.
27. X-2.

Dezodor recently wrote that Lost Alpha will have a multiplayer mode. New multiplayer maps will be created. But Networked Lost Alpha will not be compatible with Networked RF.

+ video

S
Sima4 23.12.20

I'll take a look at my sonny in the evening :)

R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20

look and OfigevaeM =)

S
Sima4 23.12.20

++++++++++++++++

Will there be voice acting and texts in Russian?

R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20

Sima4
naturally !!! localization into three languages ​​including Russian®

U
Ural 666 23.12.20

And what else remains to wait. Stalker-2 was hacked to death, early abortion. Mod building has already run out of steam - only shamanism with a tambourine remains on the main 5-6 projects, already worn out to the holes. Although it seems it was announced every year - it might be released in December. Then another year goes by another year.
Cryzone - rather an ambitious fake - did not live something that should be expected seriously.

R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20

Watch this video PDA is awesome!

n
nice.blowjob [free] 23.12.20

lol, all the mods that I saw on PM were poor crafts, and I strongly doubt that this will be much better than others.
but even more lol - the game is done on a build ... i.e. there will be more and more crashes ... I don't know if this is the essence of the stalker, then let them do it on earlier builds. The only thing that can get him out is single locations and a cooperative. Computers are now powerful and it's dumb to play alone

Ural 666
sruzon is nothing more than a reason to get out of it, what started as a transfer of a stalker to a more advanced engine with a new plot ended with the creation of some kind of nonsense, in which more attention was paid to "oh look, see what textures" than to transfer the spirit of the stalker.

R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20

nice.blowjob [free]
you sound like an antifa stalker = (I'm sorry!

w
wine cellar caretaker in 23.12.20

CryZone: Sector 23 what's this?

E
Elf0m3n1ack 23.12.20

nice.blowjob [free]
but even more lol - the game is done on a build ... ie. there will be more and more departures ...
You need to have a snack ....
Ural 666
Modding is already exhausted
Nothing of the kind, for example, the Ogse team consists of excellent modders who make a high-quality and interesting mod. There are a couple more on PM. As for CoP and CS, there are generally a lot of projects.

R
RESPEKTROMETR 23.12.20

the wine cellar caretaker in the nunnery
Cryzone is an art.a.l.ke.p on the crysis engine !!! But the very implementation of this mod is poor!

O
Otmoro3 23.12.20

nice.blowjob [free]
Modification is not done on the build .... the main narobots and locations are taken from there and redone
The mod itself (as written in the FAQ) is based on patch 1.0004