3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20 06:06 am

After changing the processor, FPS started to drop in games!

Hello everyone!
A couple of months ago I put a 6-core processor from intel 5820k into my computer and by the way overclocked it to 4.3. Under it the mother, DDR4 and in a bundle 980TI. Plus two hard drives, an SSD drive for a cooler and other necessary trifles. Prior to this, the i7 2600 was standing, and everything was fine with it, now, for example, The Witcher 3 at all ultraparameters starts sagging from 55 to 35, in follicle 4, also sagging, even in the DA the Inquisition began to sag at all maximum parameters, although when it was 2600 all of the above toys calmly at the very, most maximum without any gaps, 60 and point in any situation, after the change such gripes began. All these my pieces of iron are kept on a 600-watt PSU, the PC does not restart, it does not shut down, everything works. But I'm at a loss why, after changing to 6 cores, everything sank so. Maybe the power supply unit does not have enough power to open up or something else, this is the only thing I have my eyes on, although how can BP affect FPS? But suddenly I don't know something
76 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

andrey chervonenko
On account of msi afterburner, how to set it up correctly, what would it show, otherwise I just figured out how to turn the turbine speed at a certain temperature.
I exclude the possibility of any viruses. this ailment is already bothering a couple of Windows ago, but decided to turn right now

By the way, I'm not saying that it is always somewhere around 35 fps, I'm talking about the fact that this is the minimum value that I saw but only in the witcher, it's just a trick that previously always kept at the level of 60+ to 55 no less, now there are grasses and they are short-lived, but the average value has become from 50-45, ideally 60, but this is only when there is some wasteland. System performance dropped in relation to games

A
Andrey Chervonenko 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysh
here is a video with detailed instructions on how to set up a program:

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

andrey chervonenko
Thank you very much! I adjusted it, played a little, on average the CPU load is 21%, the video card has a slightly different story. With the ultra in the Witcher, the load is somewhere 94% average, but it did not reach 100%, but if you remove the settings a little lower, in particular the drawing of plants, then the load on the GPU is somewhere 85-88, I saw a peak of 90

A

that is, the percent cannot be expanded to a full video card .... but in your case, this is nonsense!?!?!?! check the temperatures - maybe trotlite, if not then check the drivers for the chipset and try to update the BIOS on the motherboard ...

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

andrey chervonenko
The mother has the most fresh BIOS and chipset. But I don’t understand why it doesn’t reveal? The video card is simply not 100% loaded, although I seem to have begun to understand where you are leading. Damn, in my opinion, it's easier to buy a second one and at the same time change the power supply unit, all the same, I'm going to move to 4k. And can and does wait 1080TI

But the way it is good that prompted what to look for, a feeling that the video card is not loaded to the end, and somewhere it has a peak at almost as a percentage of its capacity which as I understand is not enough and that were previously

A

the problem is either in the wood on the motherboard or in the wood on the video card. There is of course a small chance that in the game in the last patch something was screwed up and glitches just happen on your processor, but even so, as practice shows, drivers are to blame in 95% of cases. Take everything you can and put it again if it doesn't help you (unless, of course, in other games the same situevina) to the store where you bought the percent and the mother with a quality check requirement ...

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

andrey chervonenko
I launched GTA5 and turned all the settings in 4k to the maximum. The load of the video card is 98%, and it does not increase anymore, but the FPS is somewhere between 20-25, i.e. the video card is loaded further at the request of the system

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

Hang up alarm! I looked at the wrong percentage, 94 is the temperature percentage, but I tried to make 100)))
Here is a photo of what the witcher looks like at ultra, sorry for the rustic way, there was simply no time to figure out how to capture a picture, so that's why (for some reason, it doesn't want to upload a photo to the site ):
http://s017.radikal.ru/i426/1606/73/f166a2143af8t.jpg
99% but in this place the FPS slightly dropped from 60, there are places where vidyuha up to 90 or even 85% in the load, and in these places naturally FPS 60+.

A

judging by the photo, all the rules ... the video core is loaded by 99% and the percent "rests" apparently the optimization for multi-cores was not delivered. Exit one to wait for the patch .....

A

and yes, the frequency 1190 is not even enough for your card ... try to raise it to 1300 at least ... all 980Ti take this frequency without problems and overheating ...

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

andrey chervonenko
Well, firstly, I have a reference and it is not really hot with a drain, and secondly, in different games, instead of the declared 1000/1075, the frequency rises automatically to 1190 as now, and to 1300 as in GTA5, and without my intervention!

L
Listoman 23.12.20

andrey chervonenko Have
you seen less than 70? Calmly sinks to 45

k
kc5 23.12.20

There are many electric motors in the computer (a bunch of valves and 2 hard drives) - and this is a known source of strong interference. The percent or card can sag from such a dirty power supply. See the% load and frequencies of the processor and the card in case of drawdowns by hwinfo or analogs. ctr + shift + esc-, tab performance-resource monitor-tab disk, see what loads. Recreate the swap file (off-reboot-create a new one) by 10GB, so that the hard disk has 50 gigabytes free at the same time. In any situation, the hard drive must be at least 10GB free, otherwise the computer is stupid. Lay out the screen ctr + shift + esc tab processes. You have not by chance switched with a new process from win7 to eight or ten? In nvidia control panel - 3D settings control - Power management mode - Maximum performance. In the same place, the vertical sync pulse is off. Turn off vertical sync in games.

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

kc5
I really appreciate the fact that you responded, but such manipulations will definitely not lead to anything.

Asked a workmate, he fumbles in computers kapets like, in general, he said that 5820k is not for games, that current toys are squandered precisely because of him. there are few games that require such a stone and most do not even optimize for such a percentage. By the way, my sister said that Sims 4 lags, I looked and there really is up to 20 grains. In the case of games, I changed it in vain, but I took it both for games and for the server

h
hrdCore 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch wrote:
I asked a workmate, he was fumbling around in computers about how
bad it was (if he said that - "the current toys are squandered precisely because of him").
Judging by the description of the situation, it is hardly a matter of BP. Although the PSU itself (strike-x 600) is pretty lousy. The stabilization is lame. But if you check, then not in this way of fortune telling according to the readings of the software
andrey chervonenko wrote:
screenshots from AIDA and there it is clearly visible that there are no drawdowns on the 12V bus
Already 100,500 times on various forums in the specialized topics of the power supply unit it was explained that the software readings often lie and therefore do not rely on them (and often even added to the FAQ).
You need at least a multimeter.
Listoman wrote:
He has about 82% efficiency. Somewhere 500W real on it.
If you don't mind (and also if the TS doesn't mind, of course), it would be interesting to hear the connection between the 1st and 2nd numbers. Because Judging by this phrase,
Listoman wrote: The
efficiency of a bp is never 100%. From your 600W there are real at best 520W.
there is some misunderstanding of what is meant by PSU efficiency.

k
kc5 23.12.20

Ilya Badydysch wrote:
he fumbles computers kapets how
Ugum
Ilya Badydysch wrote:
most are not even optimized for a percent
lol. It turns out that in 2008 I also played with drawdowns on my 4-core processor, since all games were optimized for 2 cores. Up to 60 fps sagged.
Ilya Badidysch wrote:
but such manipulations will definitely not lead to anything.
Where is the confidence? I did not wait for confirmation or refutation that the frequencies of the processor and the video card are stable during drawdowns.

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

kc5
Because I checked everything a thousand times, and everything works fine and stably, well, except for the result

k
kc5 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysh It
means giving it to someone cheaper for diagnostics. To find the culprit by sorting through the components.

M
MunchkiN 616 23.12.20

Well, judging by the tests, these processors are normally optimized for playing
games, of course, there are some problems. for example rizen 3 but most games should accept at least 18 threads correctly.
Again, if there are too many cores, the game simply will not completely load the processor by percentage and will not lose in performance.
About the same they told me in 7-8 about 4 nuclear scientists. there are few kernels but little use. however, everything was swift and threshing.
so the reason is somewhere else. especially since the card is loaded to the ceiling.

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

kc5
That workmate came to me, looked and said that the problem is in the processor, it is a server one and it will pass when the games are optimized for such processors

MAuCTEP
No, even if you turn off the anti-aliasing of the increase in FPS in any game there is no more 2-3

MunchkiN 616
Here except for the prots I can not solve anything. I was also told that if you stick such a second one, you will completely forget about such gaps. percent with two or more works much better than with one