3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20 06:06 am

After changing the processor, FPS started to drop in games!

Hello everyone!
A couple of months ago I put a 6-core processor from intel 5820k into my computer and by the way overclocked it to 4.3. Under it the mother, DDR4 and in a bundle 980TI. Plus two hard drives, an SSD drive for a cooler and other necessary trifles. Prior to this, the i7 2600 was standing, and everything was fine with it, now, for example, The Witcher 3 at all ultraparameters starts sagging from 55 to 35, in follicle 4, also sagging, even in the DA the Inquisition began to sag at all maximum parameters, although when it was 2600 all of the above toys calmly at the very, most maximum without any gaps, 60 and point in any situation, after the change such gripes began. All these my pieces of iron are kept on a 600-watt PSU, the PC does not restart, it does not shut down, everything works. But I'm at a loss why, after changing to 6 cores, everything sank so. Maybe the power supply unit does not have enough power to open up or something else, this is the only thing I have my eyes on, although how can BP affect FPS? But suddenly I don't know something
76 Comments
Sort by:
k
kc5 23.12.20

kc5
This is sheer nonsense. The only difference between server processors is more cores and lower frequencies. 1in1 core architecture with gaming / home. And if the core frequency is enough, then the game runs on the server room no less beautifully than on the game one.

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

MunchkiN 616
What are you talking about? What are the 18 threads in Doom 4 in total 12))) Prots for multithreading and not a dull dual-core ram))
Ilya Badidysh
You have a percentage for future games with multithreading like AMD FX, the same story. You need to test Doom 4, Battlefront, Battlefield4, Assassin's creed syndicate, etc. There are just a lot of games for 4 cores (and some in 2 ahaha) so this percentage "merges". But future games will reveal such games, Doom 4 is an example of this.

k
kc5 23.12.20

People, do you really not know how to use YouTube? https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=witcher+3+5820k
Look carefully for your drawdowns there on the counters.

b
buba79 23.12.20

Do you play with the internet on? If yes, then cut off the cable and see if the drawdowns are gone, then you have a miner who eats your resources and rivets cryptocurrency, download the hitman pro and heal the system. I had such crap

b
buba79 23.12.20

Until I finished reading what happened, I almost did not upgrade

b
buba79 23.12.20

Start the task manager, see if steam is installed, then two steam processes will hang in the running processes, one is a miner, the other is normal, the one that is left in my opinion with a capital letter can be disguised as another process, this crap with the witcher was discussed here on website

k
kc5 23.12.20

buba79
where does the witcher?

b
buba79 23.12.20

Despite the fact that the person wrote about him specifically

M
MunchkiN 616 23.12.20

X_ray_83
Well, I don't know about thoughts. The engine of the old butman lagging, for example, 18 assassins threads are also likely. ye4 is rumored to be up to 24 threads.
most games of the most modern games are already, as it were, designed for more than 8, therefore multi-core processors at the same frequency should have a higher FPS there than analog ones within Intel.
yes, and support for multi-core is that the game is able to push the process to the next core when there is an expected predicted result from another or the cache is not ready. it will be expressed in the fact that the game with a game optimized only for 4-core processor will not be possible to warm up with a large number of cores. those CPU load is literally limited to say 50% and that's it. More from the application you can not squeeze out there at least a game with a resolution of 320x240 to drive in and severely overclock the video card. At the same time, a lot of the thread continues to work and if, say, manually distribute the performance, you can significantly lose processor time. those the application will lose in performance. and in Windows there is not one game but a bunch of tripe.
there are of course games where bugs appear that reduce performance or they just crash but there are few of them. I even have some kind of slag from 1998 managed to use the actual load spread across the cores.

Duc. by the way, the 5820 processor is not very suitable for several video cards. not that they won't work there. but will not work much better than on socket 1151 for example.

S
StormX07 23.12.20

The people are not in the subject. All intel processors with integrated graphics chips.

There is an old one without a graphics chip
Intel i5-3350P Processor

But I'm looking for modern counterparts. tell me?

D
Denis Kyokushin 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch Perform the
test with aida. If there is the same crap:

then your CPU drops the frequencies. My mother does not have enough power to overclock my 940th Phenom

StormX07
i7 5820 and higher. I have not met any other.

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

X_ray_83
In battle4 completely at max, even a resolution of up to 125% can withstand more than 75 frames. Assassin is the last graphically everything is at the maximum, I limit myself only in anti-aliasing, drawing distance and light, and Doom over to buy, I've been licking my lips for a week.
In short, I decided in half a year when no refs 1070 came out to buy a pair in SLI and not take a steam bath. The reason is in the games, and all those that I described. 1) The Witcher 3 - removed all additions and tested. Where it was about 45-50, now 75+ is stable. 2) In folich 4, removed the new added settings, namely HBAO + and debris of shots. 3) Everything is simple with the Inquisition. I played it only on a gamepad and could not feel the drop in 20-25 frames. I also checked one small experiment, installed the driver that came with the video card on the disk at the beginning of August last year, and you know what I noticed ??? FPS in the Inquisition and the Witcher increased by 7-10 units, and in the Folch it became even worse. In general, I'll buy two 1070s in a pair and a power supply for them, I think it won't hit the wallet especially, and I hope this pair will definitely surpass the not yet conceived 1080TI

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch
"and you know what I noticed ??? FPS in the Inquisition and the Witcher grew by 7-10 units, and in the folch it became even worse"
Well, this is an Nvidia trick))) the new game + fps of the old one was hammered, and firewood comes out under certain games. And moreover, everything has not changed since 2002 tin. And they say in AMD the firewood is crooked, although there is no downgrade in old games there.

I
Ilya Badidysh 23.12.20

X_ray_83
here and it seems to me that this is a downgrade. I didn't sit on the old ones, but after the current update, the result is on the face, or downgrade or for half a year they have been doing them in one place

v
vadim chapaew 23.12.20

Bilya Badidysch
had a case for me - I assembled a computer in 2008, well, like, first, there is a young hot 450-watt block, well, somewhere in half a year the computer does not turn on changed the power supply - set it to 550 watts! So the computer before our eyes became faster than it was originally!
Can bp itself be initially dead or addicted if inexpensive!

M
Mewel 23.12.20

Ilya Badidysch did
you reinstall Windows from scratch?