3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexey Chichigin 27.12.20 02:07 am

Windows 10 vs Windows7 (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

Microsoft is promoting its tenth Windows, they said something about Directx 12, but what in reality? Is there a difference in FPS, and if there is, how much?
45 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexey Chichigin 27.12.20

Fasmon
Yes, probably an operative, I had such a hat in a stalker, like 50-60 fps, but there are still friezes

R
Roman Pivovarov 27.12.20

Alexey Chichigin
Regarding DX12, this is not a new directX, this is some kind of library (Protocol or config) that supposedly increases FPS, I somewhere had a link describing what it is, I can throw it off in a personal

A

Roman Pivovarov
It is, just a full-fledged directx 12 will be supported only on new video cards, such as the 900 series stoves, those that are older have a couple of new chips and that's it

F
Fasmon 27.12.20

Alexey Chichigin
Well, a stalker - there is a problem with the game)
He freezes on any thermonuclear pc, let there be at least 500 fps between freezes)

A
Alex hawk 27.12.20

Anyone who has games for 10 work worse than for 7, you just need to update the hardware. It is simply not enough for optimal operation of the OS and the game, so the number of frames in the game decreases. The rest of the performance is only 10 more. Albeit insignificantly.

A

Alex Hawk
Dude, here it works for me by 10 worse, well, I'm updating the hardware. Put 10 and get a comfortable face. But at 7 my fps will be even more than 10 again

A
Alex hawk 27.12.20

Alexey Chichigin
No. Any hardware has a point, the limit of which begins to disrupt the performance of other programs. Take internet speed as an example. Let's say I have 1 Mbps and I put the movie to be downloaded at full speed, when I go into the game I will find a high ping and lags. But if I have 50 Mbps Internet and I still download the movie at maximum speed, then it won't even be noticeable in the game. So it is with iron. But to have a difference in games between 7 and 10, you need a very weak iron. Something in the style of 2-core processors and 2-4 gigabytes of RAM.

A

Alex Hawk
You cannot compare the Internet and Windows, the same ping can also depend on the ISP and the Internet provider. And Windows just consumes iron resources, if 7 works better on weak hardware, then why doesn't it work better on a more powerful and top-end configuration? After all, where 10 will be 60 fps, 7 will be 65. After all, based on your words, 7ka works better on weak hardware, which means it consumes less than 10.

A
Alex hawk 27.12.20

Alexey Chichigin
My comparisons with the Internet concerned speed. What does the provider have to do with it? Let me explain: 1 Mbps and 50 Mbps from the same provider with the same high-quality network access.
And, no. Windows 7 will not perform better on medium and higher hardware. I'll try to explain again: weak configurations are choked with the requirements of the 10th + requirements of the game itself. Many people turn off all graphic effects on their OS, up to the classic theme. And it helps if the iron is weak. On the strong side, it will not do anything because the configuration easily holds 7 and 10. Therefore, 10 and the result will be better (or better, because 10 works much better than its predecessors), albeit very little. Not even 5 FPS. It's too much. Although it depends on the game.

7Rain7 27.12.20

Alexey Chichigin
On the licensed 10-ke also plays well pirated games.
bosser2407
How can a free OS be pirated?
Did you invent this nonsense yourself?
Alexey Chichigin
Well, licensed 10 is watching you, and forces you to install updates, and in the author's assemblies they cut out all this nonsense.
And they add a bunch of shit. And if they do not add, then they make such assemblies that then, without dancing with a tambourine, you cannot figure out why this or that application does not work. All surveillance can be removed easily through accounting policies.

Spit in the face of that rooster who says that 10 is eating much more operatives. Recently rearranged the system. More precisely, I first put a clean 7-ku ultimate - it eats 1100 operatives by default. Put 10-ku, eating 1200 operatives. Oh yeah, 100 mb. this is a tin of course.
In general, I read the messages, it feels like the kindergarten has decided to discuss the device of the rocket. It seems to someone that it seems, somewhere heard something and now there is vinite. Moreover, vinite is so stupid and out of topic, tk. the mind was not even enough to understand what he heard.

A

7Rain7
Operative, starting with 7 is generally a sore subject for most. Although I have 16 GB, as many as 3 gigs are occupied, but I do not mind. Although I think to buy a plan for myself for another 8 GB, I feel games in the future will eat more operatives, and Larka is a confirmation of this. And by the way, especially for those who do not want to sit in a hat, but want new igor, there is a special version of Windows.

m
mister611 27.12.20

10 is better in all respects: both in games and in everyday life! In any case, I have it on my gaming computer (in the profile) and on the "kitchen" one with the 6000+ Athlon and HD3870 with 4GB of RAM. And who writes that 7 or 8 is better - or even did not try 10 yourself or installed something crooked. Before the final transition, I tested all serious games and benchmarks (on a gaming computer) - everywhere there is an increase, albeit not large, but it is + the absence of various friezes present on old OS in games.

T
Thorgal 27.12.20

It seems that in 2020 Mikey will stop supporting 7-ku. That's when I'll switch to 10. There's nowhere to rush.

m
mister611 27.12.20

It makes sense to switch to 10-ku, specifically for games, if there are drivers for 10-ku for your hardware (mother, video, sound, etc.) !!! Otherwise, games may experience a real loss of performance, even if they support 10 of your old (7-8.1) drops. So before moving on, check at the office. sites for your config the presence of drivers, otherwise then you will spit and scold the bad 10-ku.
This conclusion is drawn from the experience of my friend, who, on my advice, switched to 10 several times and kept complaining about the loss of performance in games, despite the fact that he had just acquired a new 390th card. I didn’t want to believe him, but as it turned out, there were no drivers for his mother with an I5 2500k! He returned to 8.1 - everything flies. Maybe this is a special case, but a real fact!

PS Guys who use the new axis (Win10), I advise you to install the operating system "from scratch" if you haven't done so yet. I just conducted such an experiment the day before yesterday, before that I used an updated OS to 10 and everything seemed to be fine. But after installing from scratch, the computer began to work even better, it is really noticeable! And in games as well. Yesterday I played Lara and GTA5 - I noticed a small increase (+ 2-3 frames to the minimum FPS) and the complete absence of any micro-freezes, which are not present, but sometimes they happened before.

R
RusLAN_74 27.12.20

I put a 10-ku yesterday, the hardware is not new, but firewood from 8.1 came to the mother. On ACHI, the controller was installed manually from the same 8.1. I also found firewood on the Audigy 2 ZS zvukovuhu, there is 1 dude behind the hill who does it.
In general, everything is more or less solvable, as long as I like it, I will test. And in TR everything started fine and even with more kurty settings everything pulls well.

s
sergleo 27.12.20

10 Coy I use from the moment I came out on fresh hardware, everything flies even 10 years old old stuff works without problems, I put the official, I update the firewood with Windows itself, a couple of heavy games, and only then I put a crack, the updates come regularly registration does not fly off, friends and relatives have all been transplanted to 10, no one regrets.

H
Hella Andr3w 27.12.20

Maybe it seems to me, but after reinstalling Windows to 10, the game began to run on the same settings faster

L
LaserDeath 27.12.20

who can explain how to put 10, does not give you an update (you write an interprise, go to your system administrator)

A

LaserDeath
went wrong, Rise of the Tomb RAIDER is discussed here

G
Gefor_sik 27.12.20

The game may go faster not because you installed 10k, but because you demolished the Windows in which I apologize for the expression of a dirty registry and Windows in general, + you installed new (last) firewood by itself under 10k. Yes, Windows works as a whole mb faster and loads faster than 7ka in the same place, but that's all. The pack will not release the first games that will be developed for 12 directX, patches for old ones with the addition of 12directX will not give a pack, but rather, on the contrary, they will devour precious FPS, since it is raw, but as everything is gritted on paper, everything is beautiful as in the same benchmarks, which show an advantage of 12 over 11, but the reality of the pack is that everything is sad.