3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RB265 27.12.20 09:04 am

Violence in games

In general, it became interesting since when the games began to be accused of all mortal sins. Maybe what was the case?
30 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wing42 27.12.20

The epidemic as such began in 2003 after the release of Manhunt, after which it received a new round in 2005 after the release of GTA San Andreas on PC (and still, they are the brainchild of one company).

M
Mage Hermit 27.12.20

Because the Amyrykan youngsters, having played enough in GTA, take their father's gun
and go to shoot at cars on the road.

M
MelShlemming 27.12.20

Wing42 Started
even earlier. Google Columbine.

S
Spider jerusalem 27.12.20

from karmageddon i think

M
MunchkiN 616 27.12.20

from the very beginning, probably still with a wooden attachment. Allegedly, in kints you overcame and in games you polish soap faces with your own hands.

V
Vaipen 27.12.20

It all started with the fact that the Pendossian school Pokemon began to demolish the attic from the Igor and they came to their breeding grounds and began to minus each other there.

m
mercury-357 27.12.20

Yes, score at all. Once upon a time, films were criticized in the same way. People will always look for the source of all problems in one thing.

[
[CYBERPUNK] 27.12.20

Let's google something like "a teenager killed a girl / friend / mother", a cloud of links will come out even when sorting in 24 hours. Who will explain to me which murders the press associates with computer games, and which not, and on what basis))).

s
setarusessao666 27.12.20

Moralfagi screamed about the cruelty in games almost from the very beginning. If a person has a congenital mental disorder, then anything will be the catalyst for him, but it is more convenient for everyone to believe that games are to blame for everything.

p
people with a machine gun 27.12.20

Protestant Knight
Well, yes, their tower was demolished not from persecution, but from gambling, of course!

N
Noob Inquisitor 27.12.20

RB265
Actually, there was nothing. It's just that games are now the ideal scapegoat - both scientists have a good excuse, and developed, due to their modesty, will not respond to attacks.

V
Vaipen 27.12.20

people with a machine gun.
Well, at first they were hounded. They came home, gamali to Postal, where they were clearly shown what to do with those who persecute you and did the same at school.

D
Denis Kyokushin 27.12.20

There is still little blood in the jesters.

R
RicoChico 27.12.20

Since the release of Mortal Kombat as far as I know.

p
people with a machine gun 27.12.20

Protestant Knight
Chot I have not seen a single American schoolboy who used a cat instead of a muffler.
And yes, all this was shown in films 100 years ago.

l
lookaway 27.12.20

the problem is not in the free circulation of weapons. problem in games.
I wonder if they introduce a trade in firearms, how many bruises and boys will suddenly be fans of playing zhytya?
then they will introduce some kind of another smart law banning games and, in general, a tax on the possession of game pitch or pine trees, and make them go to church and donate for the peace of the gaming soul.

t
the endless misanthropy o 27.12.20

In Vice City it was possible to shoot a boss and blood gushed from his neck. In the Soldier of Fortune, you could punch a hole in the belly and contemplate the texture of the intestines. This is one of my first pitch games. But I didn't really want to do it. But now it appears. I think acts of unreasonable cruelty with the use of weapons are not related to games, but to society, people, vile reality and injustice. These are much more important factors than games.

B
BioGen 27.12.20

In my opinion, even with the first Postal, they began to raise similar statements, it seems to me

r
requiemmm 27.12.20

And who is to blame, if not the entertainment industry? :) If society as a whole is deeply hurt, how will it blame itself? And I want to shift responsibility.
Here is a typical family, a hysterical mother, an alcoholic father, a son somehow growing there like a weed under a fence. He does not see any help in the family, and the family itself only meets for dinner, devour and pass out. His problems do not bother anyone at all, the "homeland" will remember about him only when it wants to summon or rob, in general, everything is as usual, the life of a normal person is below average.
If he took a pry bar and ground a couple of the freaks who had been bugging him for the past five years, who would be to blame? The school is not obliged to educate, she does not want to teach, but she has to, the native people are busy squabbling among themselves and making money, the state from the collapse of the Soviet system, which, although it mowed in full, but still looked after the young, put a bolt on all this.
Who is guilty? Tochnyak, movies, music and games! The bottom line is that the industry will not respond to such accusations in any case, and skewers will be able to calm their conscience, whoever still has it.

When it comes to weapons, a spike in crime is unlikely. Without constant training, the effectiveness of the short barrel is extremely low, the market is saturated with rubber spits and air bubbles, so no one is afraid. Got it out - use it, apply it - wellness on the bunk, 5-15 general regime. And now you can buy a shotgun, just carry with you a 4 + kg fool more than 800mm in size, which is audible for several kilometers by those who wish.
Have you seen the prices for cartridges? Practice - minus 2-3k (this is the cheapest shit). Do you want to twist yourself? Nivapros, the machines really cost money too, the crucible is there, the press, the bullet ... it's for a smooth bore. Nareznyak, 308th - cartridge from 300r. One. Pistols are not much cheaper. The barrel itself is from 10k for a smoothbore and to infinity. Safe, accounting, precinct, withdrawal of weapons for storage in a cop every time Vovan and Co. drives by. Now the question is, why such a waste, if you can throw a knife in your pocket and drag your ass into the hall, for amateurs? No, there can be no Wild West with our poor population.

M
Mage Hermit 27.12.20

In America, every third has a barrel in the house. And what? Did they shoot each other there?