3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Deserter of Darkness 27.12.20 09:57 am

Localizations: Fallout from 1C 2008 and from Fargus 1997 (Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game)

And so at the end of February this year, the localization of the first Fallout from 1C came out - I bought it for 170r.

In general, the localization from 1C would pass for almost decent, if only not to compare with the pirated translation from Fargus (full version) of the end of 1997 and of course the original.

Let's start a descriptive comparison of these "types of localizations":

Fargus December 1997. Revival of the
Advantage: a very complete and correct translation of text and interface, the compatibility with DOS and DOS emulators is preserved; relatively low glitchiness on the full version. This translation retains 90% of the original meaning.

Disadvantages: incomplete voice acting of "talking heads", some liberties of translation, the button does not work - ask about what?
Version glitches: a bug with a computer at a military base, incorrect display of weight in the inventory. treatment - http://www.fallout.ru/fallout/files/f1_rus_fix.zip

1C version of Fallout February 2008
Advantages: full voice acting of "talking heads" including the Overlord.

Disadvantages: just a surprisingly distorted translation, 2/3 of machine translation, and the rest was naturally translated by people with a sore head - only 70% of the initial meaning was preserved. Also, for example, the voice acting of the Overseer has become worse compared to the Fargus version. The 1C version is also not without a gag. Button - ask what? - again for some reason does not work well. The game has become incompatible with DOS and DOSBox emulators. Incompatible with previous mods for the Russian version.
Version glitches: it is often impossible to create and launch a game through a shortcut, a glitch with a black screen every 15 minutes, often crashes, there may be problems with saves, a glitch with a white bar at the bottom of the screen is possible. Treatment: TeamX fan patches have been released.

For clarity, here is just one quote from 1C and Fargus.

The file master.dat /dialog/TOGGLE.MSG:

{101} {} {The toggle switch looks like an on / off transmitter of some sort.}

For 1C:
{101} {} {??? Button switch resembles on / off a transmitter of some kind.} <<< insanity :).

at Fargus:
{101} {} {This switch appears to be an on and off type signal transmitter.} well, correct :).

And the sea of ​​small inconspicuous clumsiness - in any long phrase in the 1C version, a semantic error. There are notes like - ???
In general, the translation of the first Foul 1C is much worse than the 1C localization of Fallout 2, even worse than the pirated translation. I have a glitch in black.
59 Comments
Sort by:
C
Carbon 27.12.20

What's wrong?

It seems obvious to me that the phrase "he is overloaded with events" sounds crooked and not in Russian. What makes sense in this case is the tenth thing.

That is, the final version of the translation is still below, and not the thought above ...

In any case, it does not coincide in any way with what Fargus has. This is to the question of the wonderfulness of their translation (which is how it all started, in fact).

M
Metal Boss x 27.12.20

In F1 from Fargus I did not play, F2 from him did not master.
From 1C passed both F1 and F2, I liked almost all the voice acting and mocking dialogues with a number of characters. Well, the rat that yells "Spartak champion1" is a "masterpiece" ...
Although I play the English version of F1 and F2, because they support normal mods and there are no glitches with crashes, freezes after passing the game and black screens. And I like the text. The voice acting is mostly the same, except that Myron is not very good.

N
Nowell 27.12.20

In the Fargus version of the translation, some interface elements remained without translation, for example, the reduction of character characteristics (CH, AG, etc.) or the inventory buttons, pip-boy ... At least similar things were in the PG with the Russifier.

C
Cvoxalury 27.12.20

The characteristics seemed to have been translated ... on the panel I remember on the right, for example, "End", end the battle, but in the pipboy everything seems to be fine

S
Shifroval 27.12.20

END was there when the window was closed, and in Russian, yes.

\ Psto exactly at midnight ..

M
Metal Boss x 27.12.20

In the second Voll, the exact characteristics were translated. True perception has been called wisdom.

R
Roxio Toast Titanium 11 27.12.20

FAIL But don't care.

S
SomeoneSomewhere 27.12.20

Well, you can make a folk translation, for example.

C
Cspeed 27.12.20

Better adinass, Fargus has a glitch at a military base

B
Back 2 school 27.12.20

Isn't Fargus a pirate publisher? And the torum?

K
Kiber25 27.12.20

Played only 1C version .... Mediocre translation ..

M
Metal Boss v 27.12.20

Soapfoot Yaruki
Pirates.

T
Tohno 27.12.20

What is there to think about? I choose the original. Gus translated well, but brought glitches. 1C, as always, all translated crookedly, although the voices on the "heads" were chosen well.

M
Metal Boss v 27.12.20

Yes, I agree.

M
Master_STALKER 27.12.20

And what will happen if you put the translation from Fargus to the 1C version?

S
Shifroval 27.12.20

There will be a translation from Fargus with votes from 1C, apparently. What did you expect?

M
Master_STALKER 27.12.20

I just didn't know.

R
RicoChico 27.12.20

The author of the topic is clearly popabol in relation to 1C. 1C translated the game very well. For the whole game I did not find any absurdities in the text, in some places there was even humor. No bugs or glitches were found either. Played anthology.

I heard a lot that Fargus translation is better than 1C, but having compared the intro of both localizers, I changed my mind about replaying something.

Fargus

1C

F
FJhGB 27.12.20

The dude wrote down an overview of the localizations of the first Fallout.