3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stifler's mom 28.12.20 03:01 am

DLC Battle (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

So the Witcher 3 has ended. The last addition "Blood and Wine" has been released and now we can take stock. We will not touch the main plot company, but simply decide which of the two additions was the best. In other words, we will vote either in favor of "Blood and Wine" or "Stone Hearts". Only in a dispute is truth born.

PS It is clear that DLCs are equally good and have already become a quality mark for players around the world, but nevertheless, write your preferences in this topic. If possible, indicating what exactly prompted you to choose this or that supplement. And in a month, a preliminary, and possibly a final, result will be summed up.

Current vote: Blood and Wine vs. Hearts of Stone (8-7)
26 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guwanc 28.12.20

Jennifer from
Vengerberg KiV is slightly better than KS. Probably because this is the end, the end of the story.

S
Setesh 28.12.20

why argue? the answer is obvious

S
Stifler's mom 28.12.20

I vote my vote for the "Hearts of Stone" add-on. There is my favorite quest, which I call "Wedding in Robin". I've played it several times. And I always found it very funny, and at the end a little sad. In the book of Sapkowski there is a story "A Little Sacrifice". It's an incredible, short and very sad story. Which reminded me very much of this particular quest. And it's just amazing how the developers worked out the relationship between Geralt and Shani (in such a short time). And in general, "Stone Hearts" is a very touching story that makes you think and settles in your memory for a long time

G
Geralt_Riviyckiy 28.12.20

I vote for Blood and Wine because it contains the most interesting quest in the entire gaming industry "People's Hero"

U
UnholyChaplain 28.12.20

it's just 10 "meowing" peacocks out of 10 ^ _ ^

k
killycrok 28.12.20

Blood and Wine .....

A
Anatoly Burmistrov 28.12.20

just already bombing why are
you minus you at least explain to the pochumu

s
stalkerHEMUL 28.12.20

I liked the hearts of stone more because of the plot, and the blood and wine were more additional quests (I don't particularly like vampires and the plot reminded me of the story "Lesser Evil") and an abundance of content. But all the same, I'm more inclined towards the COP, although both add-ons are good and it is very difficult to make a choice unambiguously.

M
Mad_est 28.12.20

Of course, "hearts of stone".

G
G0RD0N_FREEMAN 28.12.20

Why compare them? Both add-ons are awesome

W
Wild rider 28.12.20

Hard to say. Probably, I'll still choose Blood and Wine, not even because there is more content there. I liked the drama with Olgerd and Iris more. The wedding from KC made me laugh more than all the extras. quests taken from KiV. But ...
In KiV, the branching in the plot does not occur at the very end, as it is fashionable now, the developers have worked well on both storylines. I really liked it. As much as I liked Dyatlov, this character seemed in its essence (not in character) less formulaic than Gunther O'Dim. We could see Mr. Mirror in many films, this is just a playful interpretation of one of the parables, nothing new. Moreover, this hero does not really fit into the world of the witcher. The return of Buttercup, Ian, and of one book hero, who was expected for a very long time, also influenced the fact that the scales tilt towards KiV.
From everything else: the colorful Toussaint with Bockler is closer to me than the rainy surroundings of Oxenfurt. I got more benefits from mutations than from a greedy Ophirian sorcerer.

B
BioGen 28.12.20

I like more fun, here Blood and Wine is better in my opinion and the atmosphere there is just pompous

M
Mantykora 28.12.20

The Witcher 96
You're right. However, I liked KiV more than KS. In the end, "Blood and Wine" is longer, which means you can play longer in the world of the witcher.
Wild Rider wrote:
I've got more benefits from mutations than from a greedy Ophir sorcerer.
Oh yeah! I went to Toussaint without a single trick from this extortionist ... In KiV there is where to spend money with great sense ...

"Blood and Wine" - they waited longer, a huge new location (I liked the game more than all the locations), the plot seemed more interesting to me, a strong ending, there is no obvious villain and vampires, vampires, vampires (it's a pity there is no manticore, for example, to chop it down for ingredients for the Manticore set) ... Fights with brooks are generally very atmospheric. We returned the very first witch armor (externally), many old monsters from the first part of the game. The tasks are very memorable: "A long time ago," the tournament, "What the horses talk about" and the task for a fight with Grotnik with a groom who did not want to marry (he liked his bride, she was so fighting ... especially her words, if the former groom had already left for new feats ...)
And "Hearts of Stone" is, of course, Shani ... And the only real sewer in "The Witcher 3" near Oxenfurt, which resembled the labyrinths under Vizima. Although interesting, but some kind of obvious villain. The boss monsters are stronger than in KiV.

J
Joel Miller 28.12.20

I have the following impressions after two DLCs: "Hearts of Stone" - a great plot (much superior to the original as for me), characters, atmosphere, music, one of the best antagonists in the history of games; "Blood and Wine" - good storyline, great variety, wonderful side quests (sometimes superior to the main quest),
SpoilerRegis, references to books and more ... To summarize, I liked the Stone Hearts DLC a little more, but this solely because of the delightful plot and antagonist :)

J
Joel Miller 28.12.20

Yennefer from Vengerberg
By the way, I completely agree with you :)

P
Playersaharan 28.12.20

I will say this, in the CS the plot was more dynamic, more original (because there were 5-6 quests themselves and almost each of them was unique for the series), and I empathized with Olgerd much more than Syanna or Detlaff (it is quite possible that due to the fact that he was stupidly better exposed than this couple). Although the villain was clichéd in places, he inspired more KiV antagonists (except that the most ancient vampire inspired danger at about the same level). The plot of the KiV, although of high quality, but truly original quests (like the Land of a Thousand Fairy Tales) alternate with the drawn-out ones / already seen earlier (for example, Oriana's same technique is very reminiscent of the reception with Triss in the original plot and the wedding from KS).
On the other hand, if we talk specifically about the amount of new content / pumping of old content, then KiV definitely wins. From really useful mutations (and not like this rune master, who only had a couple of runes that were useful) to an improved open world and the search for armor from different schools. Well, pollock, of course, are great (not all, but 90 percent for sure).
In general, I can say that if CS was a kind of storyline mini-masterpiece (like the Baron line from the original game), which did not bring anything particularly new to the mechanics, then KiV is exactly what an extension and improvement of the original game, in parallel telling a dozen interesting stories. I cast my vote to the COP.

W
Wild rider 28.12.20

Mantykora wrote:
strong ending, no obvious villain
I agree, the ending in KiV was a little tense, but the villain himself is less obvious. Even in one topic, users were divided into 3 camps, when they argued among themselves xy from xy.

Playersaharan wrote:
truly original quests (like the Land of a Thousand Fairy Tales) alternate with the drawn-out / already seen earlier (for example, Oriana's same technique is very reminiscent of the reception with Triss in the original plot and the wedding from the cop).
Yes, there is.

In general, these two add-ons resemble two large add-ons for Skyrim. Dawnguard - bet on the plot, new locks are small. Dragonborn is a bet on gameplay, the emergence of new, already vast territories. The similarities are obvious.

P
Playersaharan 28.12.20

However, respect to the developers for the fact that in KiV they returned part of the very nonlinearity of the second Witcher. It was nice to see exactly how your actions will affect the ending (as well as to replay the last half hour of the add-on)

V
Vaselinski 28.12.20

Blood and Wine

K
KanoVoxLian 28.12.20

"Blood and Wine" is better than colorful Persians more, plus a whole large location where all this happens. But as it turned out, "Stone Hearts", a more sincere DLC. There is at least someone to empathize with the same Olgerd, but in KIV there is no such thing there all three sides "a little" to blame. One naive princess, the second bandit plotting a coup, and the third sensual monster whom no one likes and uses, however, he took revenge on them pretty much. Olgerd, compared to them, is just a sweetheart, and a scarlet flower.