3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Protocol10 30.12.20 12:30 am

Why did cd projekt red shit? Poll. (Cyberpunk 2077)

1. There was not enough experience and talent;
2. Not enough money
3. Not enough time
4. Deliberately did hack
5. Another reason
93 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 01.01.21

Yes, they just swung to make a huge city and screw a bunch of mechanics, as a result, the city is filled with stupid activities and dull quests in the style of Yubisoft, even normal bosses were not delivered, the enemies are stupid as traffic jams, and this is also overlaid with curves of mechanics and a ton of bugs, after the cool Witcher 3 (which I went through with pleasure more than once, yes, I remember there are a bunch of gorgeous secondary queues, and if the game is really cool when you go through it you already know for sure that you will go through it again, playing Cyberpunk 2077 to replay it I have no desire ) Cyberpunk 2077 looks extremely sad, in other words, they were stupidly unable to implement what they intended.

It would be better if they did something like The Witcher 2 (well, or with a heavily cut open world), with closed locations and fewer quests, but all this would be well worked out and crawled out.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.01.21

Ilya Lyapin
And what, what did you collect? Did you see the statistics of Steam? Not? What are the most popular cards?

M
MunchkiN 616 01.01.21

Alex Hawk
Just put screenshots of these two games side by side (with the FPS counter in the corner) and think. Is it necessary?
I could also talk about DL because it seems like my national processor could not provide a stable frame rate there (and I'm not talking about 60fps) (on which I launched a cyberbook by the way). plus my video card then most likely also could not because the game required more than 2GB of memory. and I bought it and put it off until the purchase of PeKa. and, as it were, arguing whether it is necessary - why not do it like in 2010 for example - complete nonsense. on the strong pitch of 2010 DL is also unlikely to go to the most minimal ones. it is clear that the graphon should also develop into a native full speaker and should not rest against its maximum settings in some incomprehensible limit of some PEC and console hardware - how it is formed is a separate topic. so for graphics there is still no special development limit and therefore it is normal to make games capable of loading nextgen iron. because then the question arises - let's say I bought rtx 2080 or 3080 - I want games for these cards that fully revealed their potential and I would not want to wait a couple of years until the games grow to them, by that time, in theory, I should already have others. this is PeCa non-braking progress. and so it will be until the graphics come to a certain physical maximum - when it will be as automated as possible and at the same time will have a certain photorealism and it seems to me that these are goals in the current paradigm of graphics development that are unattainable because a lot of computing resources are needed, there are some fundamental problems not allowing to close up physically correct photorealism and the reduction and number of transistors is not infinite. graphic growth will stop, perhaps when the increase in graphics so that it is somehow noticeable, or it will not be possible or will require jumps in the consumption of computing power by orders of magnitude. note - somehow, I will not notice the difference between 20 and 30 bounces of light, but between 20 and 60, probably something like that in dining conditions - yes. however, it will cost disproportionately more resources in a hyperbolic progression.

Denis G wrote:
I wonder if DA: O would have been a legendary RPG if the heroes did not kill at the end of the Archdemon, but stupidly merged on the way under different pretexts?
formally, he merges into the dao, but in some cases he can survive and even close up so that everyone will survive those happy endings. Mass Effect 3 does not give a happy ending. because there were many dissatisfied and bombing that the game is bad. probably such an example of a plot does not work in pop games because the player feels like a loser and not because he played badly, but because the game does not provide such an opportunity. and this is somewhat worse than the open ending. in some game stories, however, this approach under certain conditions may work, but more often not. so the players don't like it. if in me3 you could get a clear ending with a live shepard jumping into a helicopter and flying away at sunset, probably the game was favorably appreciated by the players. The same problem exists in the cyberpunk plus probably a few similar problems. but as if for a while they whined that all the games are about the next savior of the world from evil with amnesia sometimes. and here it is in dragon age 2, instead of an epic bending down to the pestilence of an enraged gentleman whose hut was burned - go and earn some amount of money to start with. this problem can be conditionally attributed to the problems of marketing modern games.

K
Kaskad131 01.01.21

Protocol10
oh my god ....
what a crazy topic he created

S
Subaru MotorSports 01.01.21

Kaskad131
The author wanted to get pluses for a creative survey, but something went wrong.

L
Legat2077 01.01.21

But I'm wondering what the game would be like if REDs took Anril Engin 4 for example? who thinks what?

M
MunchkiN 616 01.01.21

Legat2077
I would say that the advantage of ye4 is prototyping and modular development. and it is not known that the cd project ed engine could not. in any case, cyberpunk seemed to be relying on multiplayer, so its code must work in multiplayer, this requires simple non-physical algorithms for the movement of objects and bots with which there are currently maximum bugs and major shortcomings. also this is the time for development and the capabilities of the engine at that time. let's say sd project ed paid for the implementation of some functions in the engine. or they themselves changed something in it that required the same large staff of people. so plus or minus most likely nothing would have changed. maybe there would have been fewer bugs and the graphics were a little more flexible on the consoles of the previous generation (which required the allocation of more resources for them and alternative lighting) or maybe not. from a graphical point of view, ye4 in the version is also far from a magic wand, especially if it is something highly numerical in an open world for multiplayer. so getting graphics much better than cyber-punk probably wouldn't have worked.

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 01.01.21

Protocol10

G
Grimganga 01.01.21

Protocol10 I have a standard computer for 2020, 9900k and 2080 ti and 32 GB of RAM. Collected about 2 years ago, immediately sent to x, uncles from forums and reviewers on YouTube 8GB of RAM for the eyes, 1080 ti all games on ultra, M2 is a luxury I have A-Data with or an express cannon, you just don't need a PSU more than 500, AMD 2007 accelerates that the hut is on fire, see 7000 on nitrogen, the issue price is 40 bucks per stone, see the assembled computer that pulls all games on ultras for 70k.

Therefore, in the game I encountered only minor bugs, such as cars out of thin air, passing through the walls of NPCs, I realized that the game was severely cut for release, a lot of empty space, the same type of quest chains of 3 levels, lack of social entertainment, lack of a third-person view, closer to 25 hours of the game, I reacted to it as the Assassin Creed took the top point and began to make points, just a couple of weeks ago the Assassin Creed passed, so the hands still remembered what was done.

As a result, 120 hours, ended on patch 1.04 with too much advertising attack, which fueled expectations, and you end up with an average project, at one time, with a large beautiful empty world and a couple of interesting quests.

I
Ilya Lyapin 01.01.21

Denis Kyokushin
in incentive a lot of people play dota and cop

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.01.21

In the future:
1) Don't trust the promises
2) Don't get fooled by advertising
3) Don't make pre-orders
4) Don't rush the developers
4) Buy only the finished and proven product.
Then any developer will have an incentive to release the suitability

Ilya Lyapin
It does n't matter to me what they play in Steam. You see everything yourself.

B
BEELINEUA 01.01.21

The game of the decade, only schoolchildren with shit computers cry.

l
lesorub88 01.01.21

Did not have enough time ??? oh well nah, and how many they needed 20 years or more. And the bottom line is that the Poles are crazy, just like Serega Grigorovich with his waited caster 2.

k
kim0007 01.01.21

The biggest problem is the expectations of the players who dreamed of x s of which and are now crying about the "failure of the year". If we soberly evaluate cyberpunk 2077, then it turned out to be quite a good game, of course not without problems.

c
ceptey8520 01.01.21

BEELINEUA
A good computer changes the plot, voice acting, fixes bugs, allows you to change the action from F to E, improves transport management, etc. So what?

R
Rywlan 01.01.21

I didn't have enough experience. All the same, making a game in a fantasy setting and in an urban jungle setting is not the same thing. The Witcher has no passenger traffic, no carts, they do not travel around the world, NPCs are compactly located in villages and two or three cities. They are given unpretentious behavior. Scripted replicas. Geralt, which is important, does not have a full-fledged interaction with the NPC. All he can do is pull out the sword, thereby frightening people and through the "e" key to hear a remark. All. In the setting of the urban jungle, in a different way, the constant flow of people, cars, the protagonist was given more freedom in interacting with the NPC. Accordingly, it is necessary to work out much better the interaction of the hero with the NPC, the NPC with each other and the outside world, the hero with the outside world. They gave transport, we need to pay more attention to the physics of transport, they gave a firearm, need physics firearms no worse than in other games where there is a firearm. Alas, the developers did not cope with the new world for them.

D
Derley 01.01.21

Protocol10
Why do we love the Witcher3? What are his strengths? So, just think, what did you like the game for?
Tip - for sincerity .. And especially when vodka was mentioned .. The most striking episode with an alcoholic Red Baron, is the most coveted, because many saw it myself) P realism
Everything else is done at the level of a cyberpunk ..
Slightly decreased assessment of the witcher3

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.01.21

Derley
So, the interest in The Witcher 3 is based only on the episode with the Baron?

D
Derley 05.01.21

Denis Kyokushin The
Witcher 3 is primarily famous for the episode with the Baron .. One episode with the Baron is worth something - they say when compared with other unsuccessful games .. As a rule, this chapter is set as an example to other games

W
Warrior of Morgoth 05.01.21

Denis Kyokushin
He forgot about the unicorn.