3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HyperXStream 07.01.21 07:37 pm

Game Impression (Black Mesa)

We waited 8 years and finally waited, share our impressions!
68 Comments
Sort by:
O
OSil7er 07.01.21

BOEHKOM
You are UG

O
OSil7er 07.01.21

This is the first hardcore old school game in 3-5 years

806653790809545634 07.01.21

The game is excellent, and most importantly - really hardcore. On a hard level, soldiers pose a lot of problems. The current shooters have not been able to boast of anything like that for several years. Xena's absence was a little upsetting, but the mod still deserves a 10/10, and you can close your eyes to some cons.

L
Last Engineer 07.01.21

damned necrophiles! Do you think this is the right way? To tint the dead bodies from the 90s, like in 12 years the industry went only in graphics? HL1 was supposed to remain in the crypt where she was buried, and the impressions of her in the memory of the players. My current impressions after meeting black mesa are only negative. Everything good that was in HL was ruined by outdated mechanics, sense of space, staging. It's not pleasant for me to play this, I can't look down, I don't see legs there, I can't look at the flying garbage can, it all freezes me, it's antediluvian. Those who are amused by this are perverts.

E
Elf0m3n1ack 07.01.21

Last Engineer
Tint the dead bodies from the 90s, like in 12 years the industry shrank only in graphics?
Dubina, this is an amateur mod!
I can’t look down, I don’t see legs there
If you’re so smart, join the team and finish your legs, tentacles, whatever you want

L
Last Engineer 07.01.21

the amateur mod was reviewed and given 9.3 points. what if it becomes a shooter in 2012? Frankinstein's monster GOTY 2012 like that!

a
akarma 07.01.21

I am from the second part and episodes dabbled in due time. I did not find the first part, and there was no desire to play with the UG graph. Therefore, BM was very useful for me. I've almost finished the game, and I can say with confidence - it's cool. Yes, this is a remake of a 1998 toy, on an old engine. But damn, this does not cause any rejection. The game is just addictive and fun to play. Those who are gundos about antediluvian - BM is much better than some modern games. Like shit, like Rage or Black OPs. In terms of graphics and now it looks nice, no worse, for example, than "modern" console soap like Dark Souls. That's what a quality thing means.

E
Elf0m3n1ack 07.01.21

Last Engineer
what if it becomes a shooter in 2012?
Let it become, deservedly so. It's just that people are not looking at their feet, or there are textures on the walls, but they play and enjoy the gameplay and the good old atmosphere of hl.

L
Last Engineer 07.01.21

but textures do not bother me, I am highly aware of the possibilities of the source engine, the maximum of which was revealed in the game Portal 2, which I liked and which met the requirements of the time, but black mesa did not

E
Elf0m3n1ack 07.01.21

Last Engineer
In Portal? Where did you see the maximum there? : DDD You probably haven't played Dear Esther.
but there is no black mesa
Well then, start funding the efforts of the BM team and you will have "Grafon"

L
Last Engineer 07.01.21

Yes, I don’t care about the graph, I constantly bump into the walls because I don’t feel the character, he floats in space

E
Elf0m3n1ack 07.01.21

Last Engineer
Even more so. The engine needs to be modified to introduce a character's body model that realistically interacts with the player's camera. And then it's a bummer - the model of arms with weapons is completely separate, because initially the weapon is subdivided into "In the hands of the player" and "Lying on the floor" in xl, but for your idea you will have to remake this native system. Here, simply because of enthusiasm, no one will do this to you, and why not - when we in Xl saw our body or reflection in the mirror? And without that it always played well. Need not a "floating player?" - please, there is such a FEAR - very handy in spirit in places like the CL. Need realism? Please, there is Armagh.

H
HyperXStream 07.01.21

Smegl

Yes, I remember them in the ventilation, but I once got in there and they soaked me, then I threw a grenade there and blew them all up)
How to pick them up at all?

L
Last Engineer 07.01.21

Vadiman26

There are no questions to the phir. And there are no special valve games either. but this game is very outdated, and I refer to black mesa as a game, because it was reviewed with an assessment.

A
Antimad 07.01.21

HyperXStream
If you are about the place I think about, then there you have to wait until the beetles run out and kill them, then get in there and pick up some kind of uterus, or something. On four legs, red as in the original. Beetles, by the way, are cool)) I liked them even then, a kind of original weapon) Even as Freeman climbs a finger to him, and he snaps)) But then they did, they say he scratches his ear)

Now I haven’t gone through to the end, I don’t remember anything from the second half, so I play like a new game) Cool done, with a soul. The soldiers here are so hardcore ... not like in other games - they shoot at random, but here they always shoot when they can hit and always hit! Tin, I haven't felt this for a long time. In places, I went through several times. And where in the lobby they ambush him, so generally ten times .. After receiving this .. bee-thrower, it became easier. You can throw bees around the corner and they found their prey there) In general, everything is cool, I like everything, guys are great.

b
bubble trouble 07.01.21

A project of unprecedented epicness! This is not Wolfram and not even the second quack with a graphomod - this is a new game, inside which lives the furious gameplay of 1999, which at one time turned the idea of ​​shooters. It's like a 40-year-old chick who fucks really well but looks scary would suddenly become an 18-year-old model. It's like chupa chups turned into chupa chups "Max". It's just fucking awesome!

Glory to the modders!

S
Smegl 07.01.21

Cool remake, especially on hard it is interesting to play, it was necessary to make an achievement for passing on hard.

E
Elf0m3n1ack 07.01.21

Last Engineer
but I refer to black mesa as a game, because it was reviewed with an assessment.
You don't have to treat it like a game, that's just the point. This is a long-term construction on which the small-sized team spent their personal time to please the fans with what Valv was too lazy to do. This project really deserves respect, evaluation, review, not only because in the end everything worked out great, but because its creators did a titanic job and in the end kept their promise. And mind you, they didn't ask for a penny for their labors!

M
Mrdill 07.01.21

I liked it very much! The level design worked especially well. The game from the 90s has found a second life again. And in general, new is well forgotten old!
Well, then HL3.

V
VerySmallGamer 07.01.21

Awesome igruha, straight nostalgia. It's a pity not to the end ...