3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21 01:47 am

No new video cards on sale, wait, or score and take the Playstation 5?

Such a situation is the people - I wanted to take a new video card for myself, chose between RTX3070 and RTX3060Ti, I did not look at the model below the type 2080/2070.
When RTX3070 and RTX3060Ti still cost more or less normal (60K for 3070 and 50 - 55K for 3060Ti) I did not buy them (I chose, thought, analyzed, waited for a salary) - time was lost, and the video card data was sold out, even the well-known German online store I was sent a refusal by mail, they say it is not available and when it will be. Maybe now they are being sold somewhere else, but there the price tag has already exceeded 70K.
Here is a complete beggar in terms of the availability of new video cards. I live in Yekaterinburg, from large stores we have such as CSN, E2E4, Citylink, M.Video, Nix, Intellect, the rest is a trifle such as any IP. Right now, I went through all of them so as not to gossip, there is nothing there. Even the Moscow Regard store is also empty.
I tempered my appetite, so to speak, and turned my gaze to the previous generation - RTX2080, 2070, even 2060 I do not disdain, but these cards are no longer available, and in some places they already ask for 80K rubles for RTX2080Super - this is fucking comrades! Even a stub from Palite with one cooler - GTX1660Super in CSN costs 29K rubles already!
Honestly, I think we are witnessing the collapse of the PC gaming industry, at least in Russia for sure, and I think no, I am sure it will not be better! I think in the best case, it will be possible to take the bush 3070/3060 wherever in 2023 - 2024, when they will be the same garbage as today GTX1050, GT1030 and other budget, which calmly lie on store shelves and no one takes them ...
Well, or when a new generation of video cards such as RTX4070 - RTX5070 comes out and it will be possible to take them at the start of sales, until miners grab them.
Or, as an option, in 2023, take some fierce budget that miners do not need, such as today's GTX1050, which will appear in those years, and perhaps the games of 2023 will be poorly pulled, but it will be possible to play 2020 games on it calmly at maximum speed - 2021, so to speak, from the future to the past.
Well, or as an option to score on everything, and just take the Playstation 5 - I know that they are now also not on sale in practice, but what is worth more than necessary, but this is a novelty, and with new products at the start it has always been like this.
It is impossible to mine crypto on them, which means that over time the prices for them will return to normal, well, their deficit will also disappear over time, and they will calmly lie in bundles on the shelves of any M.Video, as Playstation 4 is now, and for it will not have to wait for several years, as in the case of vidyahs, to buy something.
I play purely on my computer, I don't do anything else on it, I need it exclusively for games and nothing more.
By the way, I assembled my PC in 2014, and to this day I have not changed anything on it, I have the following parameters:
i7 4790K, 16GB of RAM, and GTX970.
I know that the new video card will work quietly with my processor - I've seen a bunch of tests (https://yandex.ru/turbo/overclockers.ru/s/blog/TEXHAPb/show/43040/vyyasnyaem-na-chto-sposobny- starye-flagmany-intel-core-i7-4790k-vs-core-i7-10700k-v-teste-benchmark) where even RTX3080 ran on my processor and played RDR2 at 1080p. on ultra parameters, and there it gave out about 100 Fps.
Yes, I did not plan to sit on this processor for a long time, as I wanted - first take a new video card, since they quickly become more expensive, and after a couple of salaries buy a new processor, now more or less percentage rates can be taken for 20-25K rubles (in comparison with prices on vidyahi it's generally garbage), the mother is even cheaper, the choice, unlike the vidyahs, is normal there. There is no point in touching the case, power supply and cooling system, there is complete order.
So I thought that I would take the vidyahu first, like staking it out, and then calmly and without haste I would replace the percent and the mother, but I couldn't do it.
What will you advise me? Wait for spring - summer in the hope that maybe the situation on the video card market will get better (I doubt it), or to score and aim at PlayStation 5?
59 Comments
Sort by:
L
Listoman 27.01.21

insel260
I have had 17 cards in mining since the age of 17 (6 * 588, 7 * 578, 2 * 1080, 2 * 1080ti), since 19, 5 cards (1 * 208S and 4 * 5700). Everything is in perfect order so far, only turntables on 6 cards are damaged. No one will ever be able to determine the type of load on the card in the SC, the only reason for refusal may be the presence of several identical cards in one check, but this is easily solved)

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

insel260
Can you give any advice on how to be in this situation? How to keep playing new games at a decent level - good and smooth picture?
So I work, my wife also works, we live in a new apartment in a new building, there is an underground parking and a new car - a Korean bought in a showroom for 1,200 rubles. But to buy a video card for 100K rubles ... it's unrealistic for us!
You can, of course, actually save up, but such a purchase will be a blow to the family's budget, and it is simply inappropriate. 100K rubles will be enough for us to pay a mortgage for this money for a year and not think about it)) We do not have the same income to make such purchases.
We have acquaintances, friends, relatives ... people whom I often see and often communicate, there are about 50 of them, and they are all financially like us - someone also took a new car, someone has two apartments and is building a house, someone took a car for 2 million rubles without any loans - and none of them will take a vidyahu for 100K rubles. It's as if you go and buy a gold chain for this money - you can buy it, just not in a horse oats! To make such purchases, you need to have an income of one million rubles a month, when you can safely give 10% of the salary to this business.

R
RicoChico 27.01.21

If you need the maximum graph and FPS, then wait for the video card. The console isn't always about that.

S
SPR1GGAN 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
is an adequate approach, even having a normal income, giving an overpriced is not an adequate solution
, because not everyone thinks that way and takes any garbage on credit, because of such price tags they screw in, hawala means you can milk

while we were talking here, the prefixes also went up in price up to + 70k, so there is nothing to do, we are waiting
here either to get used to it in 30 frames or to replay old toys or go to online projects, there are fewer requirements

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

SPR1GGAN
Here are my options as I see the solution to this problem:

1) Cloud gaming - when somewhere far away a top-end computer launches a toy on ultra, and I can play it on an old PC calmly. But it seems to me in Russia, and in the world as a whole, this feature has not yet swung. I read how one guy waited six hours in line to play Cyberpunk through this service on his old computer.

2) To wait for a fall in prices on consoles and take them - again, this is not vidyahi, you cannot mine on them, now there is a shortage of both production and supplies. But unlike vidyahs, over time, prices for consoles will return to normal. Let it be in a year or two, but the prices will settle down, it's like giving it a drink! When the new consoles are no longer new, when they become commonplace, they will cost no more than 45-50K rubles. And this will happen before normal vidyahi appear at adequate prices.

3) All the games that are interesting to you, but which did not work for you, or you could not play them on the graphics settings that are acceptable for you, carefully enter all these games in a notebook, put the release date of these games on them, so to speak, leave until better times. And then in the year 2024 - 2025 to buy any budget solution in terms of a video card, well, all the same, any deshman vidyahs will come out in those years, which games of 2025 are bad - they will poorly master at minimum salaries, for those games that you cannot now run normally, they will run them on ultra without problems.
It's like now, for example, to buy a GTX1050Ti for 14K rubles, and play top games of 2010-2014 on it, I think she will master them ultra.

4) Search and check average peers like RTX2060S, RTX2070S on Avito, buy them, and play for three more years with comfort and with a good picture in Full HD resolution.

I don't see any other options.

L
Len4ik00N 27.01.21

insel260
insel260 wrote:
God forbid, if the card will work for a month after the miner.
Don't be so categorical. It's usually not so much about the mining itself, but about the owner - how he watched the cards. If it was some kind of mum's miner who just bought everything, assembled, turned it on as it is and hammered it into the farm, then you shouldn't take it from this one. If the owner was adequate, did not go overboard with the bp, was not lazy to make an undervolt and clean everything regularly, then such a card will be no worse than if you take it from a regular PC user. A couple of years ago I took px470 from a miner for only 80 bucks (even a little lower), with docks and a residual guarantee of six months - it still works well))

S
SPR1GGAN 27.01.21

with such a deficit, let nvidia uncover the old production capacity and rivet cards at even those 28 nanometers, throw nucleoli there for rays and dlss and norms

L
Loaf of bread 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov is
bigger than the console one.

S
Subaru MotorSports 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
Xbox Series S for 26,990 + Xbox Game Pass subscription.

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

Subaru MotorSports
Why So Cheap?

S
Subaru MotorSports 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
Xbox Series S outputs 1440p, Xbox Series X outputs 4K, if you don't have a large TV, you don't have to pay extra.

i
insel260 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
It all depends on HOW MUCH you play games. Subject to the PURCHASE of games. If you prefer to play 1-3 games in half a year, then the console will do. If you like trying EVERYTHING that came out in a month and don't want to pay for a subscription, then the console is not your topic.
To be honest, the console is expensive. To play whatever you like with maximum comfort, you need to invest:

1. To play online, you need a subscription. And it doesn't matter that the f2p game can be played on a computer for free. For a network connection, please issue a game pass. ~ 500 rubles per month for a subscription, but at the same time you have access to games in the gamepass library.
2. The gamepad needs batteries or battery. Batteries (good) 400 rubles for 2 things. they are enough for 50-55 hours. Or the battery is 3500 rubles, it can be charged, while holding the same amount. You can connect a gamepad via USB type C. Then the charge will not be wasted (even if there are batteries).
3. Connecting gadgets. The keyboard and mouse must be from a specific manufacturer. The raiser fits exactly, like a still series. This should be clarified in Microsoft support.
4. Games for Xbox in the official store start from about 3500 rubles. And the worst thing is that all games are in dollars.

In principle, these are all inconveniences. What do you get if you purchase a console:
1. You can play all the games without worrying about whether it will pull or not. Launch and play. On xbox ss, a maximum resolution of 2k is available, on the X version of 4k. But I'll tell you right away. 4k is quality when choosing. I watched 60 fps only at the start of the Legion, and then the fps fell. I connected the console to a 2K monitor and at this resolution, stable 60 frames with rtx rays. Handsomely. But, it's a pity the game is sh * t.
2. The console is silent. I probably noticed when you play something demanding - how the coolers shout on the system unit? Especially on our 970 cards ... On the console, nothing is heard at all, sometimes you might think that it is turned off. Only a warm air flow and a white power button are noticeable. My wife and I used to often snag when I chopped into toys at night. Comp in the bedroom, interferes with his wife's sleep. With the console, only the soft clicking of the gamepad sticks is heard.
3. It is possible to run games from a PC. That is, you can play, for example, in the same forza on a PC, and by turning on the console, continue from the same place where you left off. It is convenient if the PC and the console are in different places (for example, a house - a summer residence).
4. Management of all content via mobile devices. Tracking information, launching games / console / applications remotely. The game is running on the console, but you can play it on your mobile / tablet / PC. * depends on the game *.
5. You can buy games on XBox through VPN. There is a tricky setting, usually they give instructions before buying. Thus, you can buy games with a 70% discount, for example, through Argentina, where the buck costs almost nothing at all.
6. If you buy Xbox X, you can buy games on discs from your hands, which will be cheaper.

I personally advise buying the xbox series X, as you can purchase handheld games on discs. Plus, by running games at 2k resolution, you get maximum performance at maximum quality. Well, he has a 1TB disk, unlike the S series, which has 512 GB. But both have the ability to use a 1TB expansion card (it costs about 7k). The S version does not have a floppy drive, so games are ONLY digital. Please note - when buying a game on a physical medium (on a disk), there is no digital key inside the box. I gave a Valhalla CD to a friend for his birthday, and he has an S series. I thought he would enter the key and would be glad - figs there, I had to make a refund. About the subscription. You can cheat a little. Take a sample for 15 days, then issue a gamepass and then issue it to the already purchased gamepass - the ultimate. You get a year of the ultimate for a penny (3 thousand something was). A whole year a complete collection of games from Xbox, EA and other famous companies and online mode.

If there is already a good base for assembling a PC, well, there is a mother, prods, who will pull out a new card, then it would be wiser to buy a video card. Still, you can't drive pirates on the console. But, if you need to collect almost 0 PCs, and where the amount will go beyond 150 thousand rubles, it is more profitable to take a console. At least until prices for PC components stabilize.

By the way, lastly - delicious. If you have a friend who already has an Xbox, you can combine accounts with him and all his games will be yours, and yours will become available to him. You can even play one game together on the network =) And it does not depend on the version of the console. You can even buy games for this one account, paying 50% each. A very handy feature. But you can only combine accounts with 1 person. Ask your friends, maybe someone already uses Xbox, then you will provide yourself with games for free for a long time ^ _ ^

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

insel260
I have such a computer:
i7 4790K
16 gigs of DDR4
GTX970 RAM
The power supply will pull out the RTX3070 for sure, the cooling system and the case are normal, there is no point in changing them, it's purely a vidyahu to replace, and a little later the percent and mother - although I saw the tests as on my processor coupled with RTX3080 "Red Dead Redemption 2" on Ultra launched at 1080p. only, and it was 120 fps.
So I think it's wiser to take a console, or buy a vidyahu, and eventually replace the percent and mother?
And how I play, well, I try to play loud games, such as Assassin, Watch Dog, RDR2, The Witcher, Metro, Forza ... well, you understand)) I’m not going through one game, I won’t put another one.
I play carefully and go through the games 100% each, I work in a 2/2 schedule, so there is time for games.
If the game is not a joke bellboy, then I will definitely go through it for a month, and in games like The Witcher 3, Dragon H Inquisition, RDR2 I can hang for two or three months.
I don’t know, I’m at a crossroads - to take vidyahu and continue to sit on the PC, although vidyah is not on sale now, and it is not known when they will be. Or to score and take the same top-end box, which drags in 4K, and on a computer, purely simple and not demanding games to play, which are a pity to buy for boxing, such as Desperados 3 for example.

i
insel260 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
Yes, the choice is not easy. But the situation is, in fact, easily resolved. If there is a vidyuha in stock or on order (no more than 2-3 weeks or how much you have the strength to endure), then undoubtedly order it in the store. If they say - "oh, no vidyuh, wait for the month of November", then feel free to take the console.
There is a complete confusion with video cards. When and for how much ... And the console, now, is already on the counter in stock.
As for the console version, the S is also good, the only noticeable drawback is that there is no drive. The resolution of 2k is quite enough for gorgeous graphics (I ran it on a 4k TV set, and now I use a 2k monitor - I hardly see the difference). And, looking at the shops in my city, I see that the price for the S version is 33-35 thousand rubles. Which is quite affordable. If you buy games only digitally, then it makes no sense to overpay 30 thousand. Although X is much more powerful, in some kind of Valhalla the difference will be noticeable, compared to the S version, even in 2k resolution. In terms of performance.

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

insel260 As
I understand it, the X version means the most top-end, how much does it cost? 50-60K rubles? Although I think over time the price for it may be even less when the market saturation with these consoles comes.
As for myself, I decided - I ordered an RTX3060Ti in a well-known German online store (computer .. I don't remember further) for 54K rubles (with delivery and vat already), and on one of our online store I ordered an RTX2070 Super for 38K rubles (suspiciously cheap, don't you find ?), all this without prepayment, on cash on delivery when the goods arrive.
What happens first, then I'll take it - either vidyakhi will appear / come at the normal price, or the cost of boxing X will return to normal, I would like to take it for 45K rubles, ideally, I want to buy a 4K TV in a compartment with it.
I will wait until spring - summer, and then I will take whatever is more affordable, not waiting any longer for a fall in prices. But if box X will cost somewhere around 45K before, then I will take it for that amount earlier, putting an end to PC gaming with their miners and prices of 100K on vidyahi.

i
insel260 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
I took in early November for 45,500. Now, the price tags are already up to 70k (on Avito at least). In stores, you can still buy 50k each (in some places you have left, check the e-catalog). I did the right thing that I left pre-orders for vidyuhi, but 38k for 2070S - I don't believe. 2060 costs 49k.
Oh, by the way, I forgot to write. xbx sx at a resolution of 2k gives 120 fps, in 4k 60fps. Don't know if 2070 can do this ^ _ ^

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

insel260
Yes, I, too, are now thinking, what can I score for everything, and take boxing? All the same, in 4K 2070 it will definitely not master igruhi with my processor.
And this is also to vidyahi then take a percentage with the mother to play on the monitor in 1080p. (There will be no money for a TV set then), while in the case of a set-top box, while waiting for prices for it, it will be possible to take a TV set right away.
Is there Cyberpunk on Box X, or was it canceled?

d
dobro4insky 27.01.21

Or maybe not take anything ... What will happen this year that you won't be able to play? I would have slowly assembled the platform, and then looked at the video cards ... The prices will return to normal anyway ..

i
insel260 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
On the box. Canceled only on Sonya.

i
insel260 27.01.21

dobro4insky
Well, yes, sitting with a new product and a 970 card, drooling over new items and praying that prices will return to normal. And how long to sit like that? 5 years? ten?