3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21 01:47 am

No new video cards on sale, wait, or score and take the Playstation 5?

Such a situation is the people - I wanted to take a new video card for myself, chose between RTX3070 and RTX3060Ti, I did not look at the model below the type 2080/2070.
When RTX3070 and RTX3060Ti still cost more or less normal (60K for 3070 and 50 - 55K for 3060Ti) I did not buy them (I chose, thought, analyzed, waited for a salary) - time was lost, and the video card data was sold out, even the well-known German online store I was sent a refusal by mail, they say it is not available and when it will be. Maybe now they are being sold somewhere else, but there the price tag has already exceeded 70K.
Here is a complete beggar in terms of the availability of new video cards. I live in Yekaterinburg, from large stores we have such as CSN, E2E4, Citylink, M.Video, Nix, Intellect, the rest is a trifle such as any IP. Right now, I went through all of them so as not to gossip, there is nothing there. Even the Moscow Regard store is also empty.
I tempered my appetite, so to speak, and turned my gaze to the previous generation - RTX2080, 2070, even 2060 I do not disdain, but these cards are no longer available, and in some places they already ask for 80K rubles for RTX2080Super - this is fucking comrades! Even a stub from Palite with one cooler - GTX1660Super in CSN costs 29K rubles already!
Honestly, I think we are witnessing the collapse of the PC gaming industry, at least in Russia for sure, and I think no, I am sure it will not be better! I think in the best case, it will be possible to take the bush 3070/3060 wherever in 2023 - 2024, when they will be the same garbage as today GTX1050, GT1030 and other budget, which calmly lie on store shelves and no one takes them ...
Well, or when a new generation of video cards such as RTX4070 - RTX5070 comes out and it will be possible to take them at the start of sales, until miners grab them.
Or, as an option, in 2023, take some fierce budget that miners do not need, such as today's GTX1050, which will appear in those years, and perhaps the games of 2023 will be poorly pulled, but it will be possible to play 2020 games on it calmly at maximum speed - 2021, so to speak, from the future to the past.
Well, or as an option to score on everything, and just take the Playstation 5 - I know that they are now also not on sale in practice, but what is worth more than necessary, but this is a novelty, and with new products at the start it has always been like this.
It is impossible to mine crypto on them, which means that over time the prices for them will return to normal, well, their deficit will also disappear over time, and they will calmly lie in bundles on the shelves of any M.Video, as Playstation 4 is now, and for it will not have to wait for several years, as in the case of vidyahs, to buy something.
I play purely on my computer, I don't do anything else on it, I need it exclusively for games and nothing more.
By the way, I assembled my PC in 2014, and to this day I have not changed anything on it, I have the following parameters:
i7 4790K, 16GB of RAM, and GTX970.
I know that the new video card will work quietly with my processor - I've seen a bunch of tests (https://yandex.ru/turbo/overclockers.ru/s/blog/TEXHAPb/show/43040/vyyasnyaem-na-chto-sposobny- starye-flagmany-intel-core-i7-4790k-vs-core-i7-10700k-v-teste-benchmark) where even RTX3080 ran on my processor and played RDR2 at 1080p. on ultra parameters, and there it gave out about 100 Fps.
Yes, I did not plan to sit on this processor for a long time, as I wanted - first take a new video card, since they quickly become more expensive, and after a couple of salaries buy a new processor, now more or less percentage rates can be taken for 20-25K rubles (in comparison with prices on vidyahi it's generally garbage), the mother is even cheaper, the choice, unlike the vidyahs, is normal there. There is no point in touching the case, power supply and cooling system, there is complete order.
So I thought that I would take the vidyahu first, like staking it out, and then calmly and without haste I would replace the percent and the mother, but I couldn't do it.
What will you advise me? Wait for spring - summer in the hope that maybe the situation on the video card market will get better (I doubt it), or to score and aim at PlayStation 5?
59 Comments
Sort by:
P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

insel260
Well, the choice is obvious - I mean that choosing between Sonya and boxing, I will choose boxing.

i
insel260 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
Personally, I made my choice in favor of boxing, consciously, because I am a fan of forza. But, I advise you to create a topic on the forum with the title - Comparison before buying, between SP5 and Xbox. I, from my little experience with Xbox, can only tell about it. About the chips that I learned during these months of using Xbox. Well, about the console problems. About PS5, except for weak sticks on the gamepad, the lack of battery replacement on the gamepad, higher prices for games and the absence of Cyberpunk 77 - I don't know anything else. I don't know any exclusives (except for ancharted), no other "chips" and minuses ... If, nevertheless, decided to take the console, then read about them better. You should not confirm your choice based on only a few posts from one person.

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

insel260
I have had an XBOX 360 for a long time - I took it almost at the sunset of this console, I took it purely because of the forza horaison (in the store I saw how sellers drive in forza while rolling around the open world, and I was very hooked with the process).
And of course, in those days, my previous computer of 2009 assembly could not even take out GTA5, but Box 360 could, and even then the updated GTA5 came out with a first-person view for new consoles, I passed it too, but already on a computer assembled in 2014, on which I sit to this day.
I liked the console so much that I even bought the same one for my brother (360 which), plus games - forza and gta5.
By the way, before assembling the computer in 2014, I thought what was better - to take the next generation Hbox (which came after 360), or to build the computer from scratch? I chose a computer, but then the prices were different - 75K (maybe less, I don't remember exactly) rubles enough to completely assemble the computer from scratch - the GTX970 video card cost only 22K rubles, I took the i7 4790K processor for 16K rubles.
And now for 75K rubles only one video card will come out, now are different times, now a computer upgrade, a good upgrade, and not stuffing junk, costs decent money.
I don’t want to repeat 2014 again, it’s stupid because the memory still remembers everything so well, as if I assembled my computer yesterday, and for me it is still intuitively considered top-end, although I know that this is far from the case.
I still remember the admiration of friends - "You put together a fat computer", "Are you going to space on it?", "The rich have their quirks!" ))

S
SPR1GGAN 27.01.21

insel260 wrote:
Personally, I made my choice in favor of boxing, consciously, because a fan of forza
only has it on the PC, and when there is a choice between a PC or a console, it is a very strange choice to take Xbox
since those games that are on box are and on PC, but all PC games are in box

i
insel260 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
I agree completely. When deciding to buy a console, I came to the same conclusion.
I myself have a PC: R5 1600x, 16 GB ram, GTX 970. And I understand that this piece of hardware has already served its purpose. Modern games, maximum at medium graphics settings, and even more so in fhd, and not in 2k or 4k ... I'm happy with the purchase of Xbox, and I don't think I wasted 45k. The games are running at maximum speed, they are launched, nothing makes noise, in general, the buzz. True, I got used to the gamepad for a week, in races.

S
SPR1GGAN 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov wrote: the
GTX970 video card cost only 22K rubles
Podvipodvertov wrote:
And now for 75K rubles, only one video card will be released
an analogue of those times now there will be a 3060 / 3050ti card, 970 had a price tag in dollars 329, the same as for 3060
well customs clearance, the price of a dollar , 30-32k for the card would now be an adequate price
ps I managed to take my Palit's JS 970 for 19k

i
insel260 27.01.21

SPR1GGAN
And what is she there? My computer will not pull the horaisen forza 5, 6, 7 - 20 at maximum speed in 4k, but the console will pull. But what is there, even Horaisen 4, in 4k resolution will give out at most 30 fps on a PC.
If I took Sonya, then I would not have played the 5th part of the horaisen. Yes, I would not play, since this computer will not pull the game in 4k (and I'm afraid it will pull out in 2k figs). So the choice, as I said, is justified.

s
sgtghost 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
If you love to play so much, then what for so long sat on the 970 (this card has been used up for 4 years already because of the small amount of video memory). And since all this time I was satisfied with the low frame rate and the graphics settings, why not wait for the rtx 3050 ti - and continue to be not a sophisticated gamer?
Is it really not clear for so many years that you will buy new fig cards at the start, and as usual you will have to wait at least a year after the release of the next line - in order to grab an improved ti / super version at a more or less adequate price and regularly monitor them?
Ps And in general, it means that you need to correctly prioritize in life - you have found money and time for a car and a wife - it means that games are not so important for you.

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

sgtghost
I played all games at the highest graphics settings, I don't accept medium settings at all. If my game will work only on mediums, then I will not play it at all, but stupidly put it off until better times.
For example, the last Metro Exodus I played on all the ultras that are there, only I put DX11 instead of DX12, so that the picture was smoother, well, anti-aliasing to a minimum, purely so that there were no strong stairs, and of course in 1080p. played - the monitor no longer holds. This is how the whole Metro went, the picture was beautiful, and the fps I was like, the main thing is that there was no slide show effect.
I also ran RDR2 high at all - ultra launched and played, the only thing that I set the reflections to high, because I have 4 GB of memory, and there I had to at least 6 (at first he did not let me put on high, only medium ones, but after playing with settings somewhere from ultra, dropping to high, he gave me a high reflection), there were only medium shadows, and everything related to them - such as anti-aliasing for them, well, he cut out the tessellation of the tops of the trees - without it it went smoother. Of course, anti-aliasing to a minimum, but with it, so that there are no stairs, I never turn on synchronization, and the resolution itself is 1080p.
If the game produces 25 - 30 fps with such graphics settings, then I'm fine, I play calmly like that, I don't care about 60 fps, it's better to have 25 frames, but to make the picture beautiful.
That is why I did not change the video card, because I did not see the point in this at all, since all games are launched and played at high graphics settings, with an acceptable FPS for me.
But Cyberpunk will not go to my ultra even with 25 fps, so I decided to change the vidyahu. I always do this - I sit on the old equipment until it completely stumbles over any game - conditions, FPS is less than 25 frames, when the jerks are noticeable. And if it just slows down in some places, momentary jerks - but give a shit at all. That's how I play.

G
Geraizrivii 27.01.21

Full w * pa I bought in 2017 a PC
Fx8300 3.5ghz
R7 360
8gb ram 1333mhz 1.5 v
Aerocool vx 500
For 40k rubles
And so I decided to build a new PC already on the ryzen 5 5600x 16GB
RAM
X570 chipset well, and stuff like that, I suddenly look at than vidyakhi and look and 3070 costs 110k rubles (updated pc bl * t) just got sick of 10 FPS AAA games to roll with me the witcher 3 at minimum wages really 50k / s could not, bought exodus downloaded set the minimum wage and see beautiful 7 FPS

M
MunchkiN 616 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
For example, the last Metro Exodus I played on all the ultras that are there, only DX11 put DX12 instead of DX12,
it's not the maximum settings. in the pious maximum settings, you choose to play with msaa x8 or ssaa x3, because there are no other settings at all except heretical almost maximum, the same anti-aliasing and resolution, maximum and over maximum when, in honor of the edict of the grafon, you open the config file and instead of the insignificant 1024 shads, you write 4096 and activate all the secret settings noticing that the fps sagged and the vidyuha gradually descends from 60 to 30 fps and yells under a sotochku.

S
SPR1GGAN 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov

BUT
According to experts, the re-introduction of old video cards is caused by the limited number of Ampere GPUs. The "second coming" RTX 2060 and RTX 2060 SUPER will cost buyers 300 and 400 euros, respectively.

400 EUREC, count 40k for 2060S too much

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

SPR1GGAN Overkill of
course! After I personally saw the RTX3060Ti for 48K rubles, and kept it in the CSN RTX3070 for 54K rubles.
I'd rather continue to sit on the GTX970 at least until 2025 and wait by the sea until a decent video card appears for a more or less standard price, or I'll take box X, because I want to play here and now, and I won't have enough patience for a long time.
That's what happens first, then I'll take it - if 3060Ti or no less powerful vidyah cost within 50K rubles, then I'll take it, and if I see a new box for 45-50K rubles, I'll take it then.

S
SPR1GGAN 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov wrote:
I'd rather continue to sit on GTX970 at least until 2025 and wait for the weather by the sea until a decent video card appears for a more or less standard price,
I also adhere to this opinion,
but if a lot of 2060S riveted, then for 25 well, a maximum of 28k I would take

S
Spiny 27.01.21

I have a PC 2080ti, 32GB of RAM and a percentage of i7 8700k and I also took PS 5 without overclocking. I really don't feel freedom). The graphics on consoles are worse than on PCs and will always be so. I took PS 5 for exclusives and just play for my wife. I welcome the gamepad in fighting games, Mortal Kombat for example, and in other cases I always held the keyboard and mouse, and for driving games there is a steering wheel. I can't really advise buying PS 5, but if you already held a gamepad in your hands and got used to it, you can buy a console.

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

SPR1GGAN
I would also take this amount without hesitation, so that no more than 30 - 35K rubles.

P
Podvipodvertov 27.01.21

Spiny
A good PC costs a lot of money - 150K rubles no less, it is cheaper to take a console and a 4K TV to boot.
Just here's an example - I'm playing on a GTX970, I have a 2010 monitor, it's above 1080p. the resolution does not hold, and despite this, I am very pleased with the quality of graphics in games. Take the same Doom the last, Metro Exodus, RDR2 ... for me there is already a standard of graphics, and if such a level of the picture will forever remain in games, and only the plot will change, then I will not be upset at all, and this is when playing on the ancient monitor on a far from new vidyahi.
What can we say about the fact that if I take for myself, for example, the same new, most pumped Boxing, which pulls in 4K games (in 2K it will definitely be), and a 4K TV in the bargain - yes, I'm generally fucking out of the picture there. So it’s definitely not for me to complain about the insufficient graphon of the new consoles, because now I don’t have such a thing, but I’m the only fig happy.

S
Spiny 27.01.21

Podvipodvertov
Consoles: 4k, sofa that's all the dream of all console makers. However, games are more expensive and everything is bad with piracy (I myself am relatively a pirate, I buy games, I bought Windows, I bought an antivirus, but I download music, films, programs). The console, except for games, is not good for anything. But another reality is that the cut graphics on consoles and in some cases 30 fps. So the question arises: to take the console or not? For a person like me, there is no point in the console, but I took PS 5. I don't see any point in the IKbox (no, I don't want to say that the IKbox is technical or worse than the PS with its goodies). However, IKBOX is also Windows, all T-shirt games on IKBox and on Windows. With a good PC, Ikbox is not needed as for me, but Sony exclusives ... It's not so smooth here either. They will release 1 game a year and for the sake of this they take PS something else. And take as a basis ... I have already described above, graphics or even when 30 fps. I took it not only for myself, but my wife sits and I go through exclusives myself. But to people who did not hold a gamepad in their hands oh how difficult it is, and I certainly won't get used to it, because for me the basis is a PC, and PS are only exclusives.

R
RicoChico 27.01.21

PS5 makes no sense to take. There are now 20 games with support for the console's capacity.
And those that work on the return line have graphics settings, God forbid, corresponding to the level of baking "medium-high".