3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
pikabu 16.02.21 01:14 pm

FPS drawdowns in Skyrim, on a fairly powerful PC (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

All beaver and good! Faced such a problem, I play Skyrim Le on a fairly powerful PC. Since my monitor has a frequency of 60HGz, skyrim always gives out 60 fps, but there are some points that with mods, that without mods, near villages, in cities and in some places, fps drops to 45-30. I do not know what the problem is, even if Skyrim is completely clean, I still face this problem and it turns out that mods do not affect it, even enb. I downloaded a lot of all sorts of patches, cleaned mods from unnecessary files through tes5edit, created a bashed path through wrye bash and all did not help. This is all very strange, since in other games everything is fine, in the same witcher 3 I have 60-75 fps at maximum graphics settings, without landings and lags.
My pc:
Motherboard: Aorus B450
Processor: Ryzen 5 2600, 3.40Ghz 6 cores - 12 threads
Video card: GeForce 1660 6gb
RAM: 16GB
Disk: SSD (system on it), HHD (we have games)
31 Comments
Sort by:
c
cody11 16.02.21

I remember it was like that too. You go to Whiterun, take a couple of steps, look to the left and the FPS falls. At the same time, both the video card and the processor are loaded only by 35%.

R
Real slim shady 16.02.21

Well, if there are no mods, and other games are drawn, then the reason is in Skyrim. Try to reset the settings, if I'm not mistaken, you need to delete some file in my documents / MyGames / Skyrim, Skyrim.ini or something xs, this file with settings seems to be like that, and so start the game, although this is unlikely to help. Did it happen before? If not, you can download Skyrim again, removing it completely. Xs finally

d
darkpromo 16.02.21

Dragging these are legendary troubles, there is no such thing on the special

L
Lex-one 16.02.21

pikabu
It's okay.
At the output, only the top prots could issue 60 frames

p
pikabu 16.02.21

Real Slim Shady I
deleted and checked it 2 times a day, nothing helps, I used to play on a laptop, Skyrim pulled 50 fps at high, but there were also drawdowns in certain places, while the mods did not affect this in any way)

p
pikabu 16.02.21

cody11
Vooot, it's straight for me too, even when you look at rivourwood from afar, drawdowns also begin

p
pikabu 16.02.21

Lex-one
But the most interesting thing is that my percentage is quite powerful, it is loaded by a maximum of 20-25% in the game.

L
Lex-one 16.02.21

pikabu
Mmm.
In general, chicken out what multithreading is in games.
I am already fed up with these statements on this site.
Help me 20 fps per zeon in 64 cores and loaded at 0.0000000001% and the video card at 1%.
As soon as you begin to understand how the programs work, such questions will disappear.

D
DevilShade 16.02.21

pikabu
search for plugins and fixes on different sites. Basically, a decrease in crashes, a leak of RAM, you can try a more fine-tuning download, clean the saves. You can try the SLMP build, it is quite stable and requires better hardware than standard skye.

p
pikabu 16.02.21

Lex-one
Look, you told me "only the most powerful processors can pull Skyrim" only the whole load goes to the video card, if the processor is with integrated graphics, then yes, a lot depends on them, but if there is no video card. If the processor works only at 20-30%, then this means that the game is enough, that is, the process is distributed over several threads. It still depends on Ghz, but again, in other games everything is fine and 3.40 is quite enough. I have already explained that in other games I don’t have this, so it’s a matter of Skyrim optimization, and not in my PC, and there is no solution to this problem on the Internet, everyone starts to get smart, although they cannot really say anything smart.

p
pikabu 16.02.21

DevilShade
Thank you, I'll know)

p
pikabu 16.02.21

Lex-one
If you are sitting on the forum and in discussions, while saying "I'm tired of explaining" then this is not logical from your side, if you have knowledge - explain.

D
DevilShade 16.02.21

pikabu
skyrim le is a pretty weak game and had a memory leak problem from the very beginning. The standard version doesn't put much emphasis on anything, but mods are another matter. Mods focus on everything, some more on percent, some more on video, and so on. I had a sky with 200+ mods and so it very heavily loaded the i5-9400, gtx 1060-6 and 16 opera systems. Simply do not suffer and download SE, it is almost the same in mods, but it works more stable.

L
Lex-one 16.02.21

pikabu
Wow, stream of consciousness, thanks.
I have already advised you to familiarize yourself with the work of the programs.
Then there will be only a circus on your side.
Here's even a video to help:
Spoiler
Ps In Watch dogs 2, put extra detail at 100% and ultra geometry and see what your processor can do.

l
legusor 16.02.21

pikabu
single-threaded performance of the ryzen 2000 is weak by modern standards, and skyrim works with either one or two processor threads. perhaps because of this, although your system should pull the whole thing without any problems even on one thread. I have a clean and mod-free distribution of the current version of skyrim special edition. I can check it. I won't play for a long time, but I can run around the whiterun and in the whiterun, tk. the first major city from the start of the game. if you have brakes there, then just right. my full config I'm playing with is in the profile. if I have the same slowdowns, then the point is not in your hardware, but in the fact that this is Skyrim like this and you can't help it. if I have all the tip-top in the problem areas, it means that you lack processor performance, although this is doubtful.

L
Lex-one 16.02.21

legusor
How does it lack processor performance? !!! The processor is only loaded by 20-25% !!
Ps Sarcasm =)

p
pikabu 16.02.21

legusor
Now I understand everything, thanks for the help! I installed skyrim se and I do not observe FPS drawdowns, + there are no sublags and other instabilities, I put it on ultra and produces a stable 60fps. Here are many thanks to you for explaining, but those who say "oh, you're tired of me, you don't know anything", can't even answer my specific question, where I asked "why does it slow down?" From the very beginning it was clear that it wasn’t a matter of the processor, but of the performance of the game engine. the 32 bit version of the game has its limitations.

p
pikabu 16.02.21

Lex-one
And what does wach dogs 2 have to do with it? Now there is a discussion of a specific game, they would also say to test RDR 2 in 4k at max. settings) I understand that Skyrim does not consume all 12 streams, but the minimum part of them, but even one stream should export it all. You think I don't know what "powerful" means? For Skyrim it is powerful, but for other games, and even more so for new products, it is lower in power than the average processor this year.

L
Lex-one 16.02.21

pikabu
More feeble. Than powerful.
It's not overclocked yet + I'm sure memory is a rare shit.

p
pikabu 16.02.21

Lex-one
Come on, insult and humiliate, you are not capable of anything else, it's obvious)