3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21 03:37 am

The program removes black bars in the Witcher 2 (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

pix.PlayGround.ru

Flawless Widescreen (BETA :) allows you to remove black bars in The Witcher 2 on non-widescreen monitors (and on widescreen 16: 10 too). This does not stretch the image! Works on game versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2.

You can download it here: http://flawlesswidescreen.org/ Thanks to Demoniko from Kaer Morhen for the tip.

Instructions on how to properly remove black bars:
Download the program, drop it somewhere from the archive, run it. In the upper left corner, select the game The Witcher 2.
In the right corner, check the enabled box, select the desired version of the game (for example, if you have the Russian version of the game patched to 1.2, then choose 1.2 Retail / GOG).
Below are the options:
Remove horizontal stripes
Remove vertical stripes
Stretch thin
and so on.
Check the first and second paragraphs, the third is responsible for stretching the hood, the rest are xs.

That's it, now start the program, then the game and enjoy the absence of black bars. Alas, the more bands you had, the more FPS decreases, since the load on the video card increases and the thin one does not look very good, so we are still waiting for patch 1.3, which may fix this problem.

Screenshots:
Without stretching the hood:
pix.PlayGround.ru

With stretching the hood:
pix.PlayGround.ru
64 Comments
Sort by:
m
mike88 22.02.21

MgVolkolak
, if only he still did not eat FPS ... and this program is only for powerful computers.

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

mike88
Apparently the FPS (about 8 units) is eating because of the increased load on the video card, you need to draw more. I reduced the resolution just a little and now flies as before.

This program is only for powerful computers
I doubt that I have a powerful computer :) The video card 512 MB is clearly not one of those, nevertheless the game runs at high and does not slow down.
Spoilerpix.PlayGround.ru

R
Romy4 22.02.21

the site does not go something.

D
D1d2d3 22.02.21

Super program! Everything works fine !!!

S
Simorli 22.02.21

The program is of course good, it's a pity they just cooked it up so late. If lazy developers don't want to fix it, they'll have to do it ourselves.

R
Romy4 22.02.21

Does it work on patch 1.2?

K
Kuroi_no_Kenshin 22.02.21

Romy4
Personally, it doesn't work for me with patch 1.2.

S
SkyraX 22.02.21

tell me I'm the only one who these black stripes FSUs?

F
Fitterr 22.02.21

sky1701
tell me I'm the only one to whom these black stripes FSUs?
No, not one :)

A
Acibu 22.02.21

sky1701
no, I generally thought it was a feature of the developers, if not, then this is their jamb, we must not forget about the other formats)

N
Neoplayg 22.02.21

MgVolkolak, can you find out the processor?
And then on vidyuha 512 MB, the settings are high, and fps - 42! :)

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

Neoplayg
intel core 2 duo e8500 3.16GHz

Doesn't slow down thanks to the small screen ( 1280x1024 ) and the correct game settings.
The most important thing is "a slight decrease in the quality of textures", this decrease is not at all visible on such a monitor. Then I turned off the outrageous quality, turned off blur and blur when moving, I don't need that. Everything else is at high levels, the distance of the levels is the normal distance.
FPS without this program, with these settings and the maximum resolution of 30-50.

S
SkyraX 22.02.21

The most important thing is "a slight decrease in the quality of textures"
if the CRT monitor is yes, but if the LCD is visible, believe me in a word, this is the case with anti-aliasing, on a CRT monitor it is not necessary in principle, but the LCD can see the slightest ladder

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

sky1701
No difference visible:
SpoilerWith reduction
pix.PlayGround.ru

Without reduction
pix.PlayGround.ru

A slight difference is visible only on textures that are initially of poor quality.

N
Neoplayg 22.02.21

Thanks for the advice.
Heh, I see how patch 1.2 came out, so everyone goes straight to the barber - for the original dissolutions. Without any braids. And do not care that "they can interfere in battle", as the developers explained :)

D
Deseptikons.STARSCREAM 22.02.21

The program works, but when you move, the image is stretched and blurred, and when you stop, it becomes normal again. A little of the program is not finalized.

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

When you move, the image is stretched and blurred.
Turn off motion blur, go to it.

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

Ha, we have already updated the program, now it works with 1.2.
I had to disable anti-aliasing to play in native resolution without brakes, well, figs with him.
pix.PlayGround.ru

A
Arantir_3000 22.02.21

Cool! Everything works!
One pity - all the menus remained the same size. Well, this is understandable, because the program simply increases the area that the video processor processes. And the menu and so on are already 2D ...

Although I already have 16 * 10, but a little more picture will not hurt. And the performance did not suffer at all (the image only increased by a couple of percent)

At 1.2 it works at 100%! Downloaded 2 min. back, there is version 1.2 in the settings!

D
Deseptikons.STARSCREAM 22.02.21

MgVolkolak
changed the settings it works! Hurray and it works on the second patch!
thank you.