3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21 03:37 am

The program removes black bars in the Witcher 2 (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

pix.PlayGround.ru

Flawless Widescreen (BETA :) allows you to remove black bars in The Witcher 2 on non-widescreen monitors (and on widescreen 16: 10 too). This does not stretch the image! Works on game versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2.

You can download it here: http://flawlesswidescreen.org/ Thanks to Demoniko from Kaer Morhen for the tip.

Instructions on how to properly remove black bars:
Download the program, drop it somewhere from the archive, run it. In the upper left corner, select the game The Witcher 2.
In the right corner, check the enabled box, select the desired version of the game (for example, if you have the Russian version of the game patched to 1.2, then choose 1.2 Retail / GOG).
Below are the options:
Remove horizontal stripes
Remove vertical stripes
Stretch thin
and so on.
Check the first and second paragraphs, the third is responsible for stretching the hood, the rest are xs.

That's it, now start the program, then the game and enjoy the absence of black bars. Alas, the more bands you had, the more FPS decreases, since the load on the video card increases and the thin one does not look very good, so we are still waiting for patch 1.3, which may fix this problem.

Screenshots:
Without stretching the hood:
pix.PlayGround.ru

With stretching the hood:
pix.PlayGround.ru
64 Comments
Sort by:
M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

Den9033 There is a way to prevent FPS from falling, you can do this:
Go to the folder with the config, open User.ini and delete the [Viewport] term there. The image will be on the whole screen only thin stretched a little. (MyDocuments / Witcher2 / Confing / User.ini
Normal image cropping applies except on the monitors 16 to 10, and even in this case, the elongation will be slightly visible.

Kavkaz01
MgVolkolak you play at 39fps is that the loose ??? o_O
Without this programs 30-55.
A comfortable RPG game starts for me at about 33 fps, from about this value the picture stops twitching noticeably. But better of course fps 90, with this value there is a special effect of smoothness of movements, no twitching is visible at all. True, this is mainly relevant for new games with good animation, and they just slow down on my hardware.

As for the flawlesswidescreen program, I am not playing with it now, it sags the performance on my monitor too much, there would be no more bugs with shadows, it would be possible to simply lower the settings, and so ... Therefore, choosing between a flying game at high settings with black stripes and braking on the middle without stripes and with bugs, I choose stripes.

K
Klifford777 22.02.21

sky1701
I don't care about them too

W
White Fox [Devilish] 22.02.21

At the moment, the Poles are preparing patch 1.3 which solves the problem of black bars.

S
Simorli 22.02.21

White Fox
Yes? Is this an accurate infa, or so a guess?

K
Kavkaz01 22.02.21

Fitterr- If you had something to measure, maybe you would, and so I'm not interested in who is comfortable playing at 26fps !!
We have to wait for the patch, maybe they will fix everything there, I went through the game and did not see those bugs that patch 1.2 fixes

A
Arantir_3000 22.02.21

If the performance is not improved in patch 1.3, then there will be exactly the same performance crap as with this program. On 3 * 4 screens, the picture is almost doubled without stripes. The performance difference will be the same as if you switched from 1024 * 768 to 1280 * 1024.

W

Simorli
Official information about patch 1.3 posted on the website www.kaermorhen.ru

F
Fitterr 22.02.21

White Fox
posted on the site www.kaermorhen.ru
This is not off. All information on http://www.en.thewitcher.com/community/
But there is nothing, nothing about 1.3
Not a single off. answer, only snot "I need 4: 3, ......"

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

Fitterr
This is off, or rather rus of fan.

But there is nothing, about 1.3
Yes, without even translating I see 1.3 and 4: 3

S
Simorli 22.02.21

White Fox

Thank you. I read it.

Will wait.

d
deIIis 22.02.21

Among other fixes the patch 1.3 will add support for 4: 3 resolutions.
Among other fixes, patch 1.3 will add support for 4: 3 resolutions.

W

Fitterr
www.kaermorhen.ru is the official Russian fan site of The Witcher and The Witcher 2 games, the source of information for which is www.thewitcher.com.
In the link you have provided, the information is as follows: .... At the moment, the developers are working hard on patch 1.3, collecting information from fan feedback around the world. Among other things, patch 1.3 will add support for monitors with an aspect ratio of 4: 3. The official info of the developers on the offsite cannot be called "snot".

F
Fitterr 22.02.21

White Fox
Official info of developers
Link, please! But not not fun. site, not a blog. For this is just talk. Or don't you remember talking about SD support in patch 1.2?

W

Fitterr
See the link above in your post. If this is all "talk" for you, your right to think so.

F
Fitterr 22.02.21

White Fox
is all "talk" for you,
Yes, talk. Why would developers change their code? I repeat, the game is tailored for the console, sales on PC are scanty. Moreover, we removed DRM. They will be working on the XBox now. And if I were in their place, I would release paid DLC, like that of UBI, Atari itself (TDU2)
Offtop: Judging by the Skayrim trailer, it will be something :) This is ONLY my opinion.

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

Fitterr
You're delusional . This infa from the off site of the developers, it means 90% that as they said it will be. There is nothing super complicated in removing the stripes. Rather, the main problem in the normal optimization at a resolution of 4 to 3. The

game is tuned for the console sales on the PC, meager
sales on the PC already crossed at least 500 thousand copies (a quarter of pre-orders and kollektsionki), sharpened under the console is minimal, just so that you can then transfer to consoles without any problems.

removed DRM
This is the opposite plus, if you did not know in Russia it is easier to download from a torrent, or buy a pirate around the corner. Only those who are interested in the game will take a steam bath and buy a license, so protection does not mean anything, on the contrary, this is a huge minus of which everyone was again convinced when the Russian version of the Witcher from 1s came out, all bugged from Starforce.

They will now work on the XBox
They are divided and part is working on the finalization of the PC version, part on the xbox version, the scriptwriters not yet involved are most likely writing the plot of the Witcher 3.

F
Fitterr 22.02.21

MgVolkolak
This infa from off site developers
Link :) Everything else is flood.

M
MgVolkolak 22.02.21

Fitterr
It's not off. All information at www.en.thewitcher.com/community/
But there is nothing, nothing about 1.3

. Notice your link. Everything is there about the 1.3 patch and about the elimination of stripes:
In addition, we would like to assure you that the development of the Xbox 360 version of the game does not mean the end of support for the PC version. We read your comments, we listen to your opinions, and we are working on a patch. Other fixes in patch 1.3 include support for 4: 3 monitors.

All the rest is flood
Sorry, but you started the flood first.

S
Shurych 22.02.21

The program works, FPS does not fall on my system. No downsides were noticed.
In general +10

_
_BaDuM_ 22.02.21

The link is not working! What to do then? :(