3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aspec 12.03.21 02:22 am

Problems connecting steering wheels [PC] (Grand Theft Auto 5)

as I understand GTA5 as well as GTA4 [removed] steering wheels do not support right?
45 Comments
Sort by:
P
Porsche911GT3RS 12.03.21

guys, this is all a useless topic. [REMOVED] tried, and all they have done so far is to assign the stick axes to the G27 steering wheel axis through the xbox360 controller emulator, without removing the 30g dead zone. It's okay not to travel in any way. just wait for official support in patches, but it is unlikely that it ever will be. (

S
ScorcherFS 12.03.21

In its most recent interview, Rockstar Games stated the following: "We understand that many PC players want to use joysticks or racing wheels in the game. We will not make any promises yet, but we are looking into the possibility of adding support for these devices in a future patch." In general, they promised, but when and whether it will be unknown. In the meantime, I suggest setting up these devices for the game on your own.

In my mini-article, I give guidance on how to simultaneously and without conflict connect to the game: steering wheel (with pedals) - to control cars and boats; and a joystick (aka the steering wheel) - for controlling planes, helicopters, submarines (and as it turned out, it is very convenient for bikes and motorcycles); at the same time, it is still possible to control everything from the keyboard at the same time. You can also connect only one controller. And if, in addition to the steering wheel and the steering wheel, you also have some kind of controller, then, in principle, having studied this article, you can connect it too.

So GTA 5 makes it possible to control a keyboard-mouse and a gamepad from the xbox, and that's it ... (does not support other devices). Our task is to trick the game into thinking that our steering wheel and steering wheel are actually one xbox's gamepad. The program will help us with this: x360ce (https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce) - the latest version of which recently learned to work with gta 5.

Instructions

!! To begin with, I recommend writing down the control of the gamepad on the sheet, because in the game it is rigidly set and does not change, so when setting up your controllers, you will have to assign their axes / buttons exactly to those axes / buttons of the xbox's gamepad that were defined by the developers.

1. Download the program (version in accordance with the bitness of Windows) and drop it into the folder (Grand Theft Auto V), where we have GTA5.exe. We create a shortcut for it (on the desktop, for example), later we will need it.

2. We connect our steering wheel and steering wheel.

3. Run the program, it will ask about the creation of two files x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll - we will definitely agree.

4. Then the program will ask you about the configuration of the game controllers (leave the method unchanged) click Next, then Finish.

5. In the General tab, set up the buttons and axes of our virtual xbox's gamepad: select the axis / button, select the [record] item and move the axis or press the button. There is one limitation: the buttons of your controller cannot replace the axes, and the axes cannot replace the buttons - how to get around this - read below. It also makes no sense to assign the D-pad buttons, you just need to select the D-pad in the D-pad parameter. To check whether the buttons / axes have been assigned is simple, you just need to move / press them, if the buttons / axes react on the picture - everything is in order.

6. Go to the Advanced tab - set up the dead zone in the Triggers block (even if you have a custom controller, I recommend setting at least 1%). Next, in the Combining block, check the box and select "Three" from the menu, then I will explain why this is necessary.

7. Go to the Left Thumb tab - set the smoothness of the rudder / rudder. We adjust the X-Axis Sensitivity parameter (for the steering wheel I recommend adding - Invert 60%; for the steering wheel, on the contrary, decrease 30%; although it is better to check on your devices yourself on the General tab - how they will react). Immediately we put a dead zone (this is a meter zone no longer of your device, but of a virtual xbox's gamepad, so if you greatly increased the sensitivity, then add a couple of percent here).

!! If you have only one controller - either a rudder or a steering wheel, then steps 8 through 9 do not need to be performed.

8. Go to the Controller 2 tab and do steps 5-7 with your second controller.

9. Go to the Option tab and check Enable Combining (this is why we set the Combining parameter when configuring the controllers). If you did everything correctly, the green squares of the Controller 1 and Controller 2 tabs will turn red, and the gray square of Controller 3 will turn yellow. Now go to the Controller 3 - General tab and wiggle / press the axes / keys of both controllers and make sure they work as one xbox's gamepad.

10. Click the Save button and close the program. We start the game. There should be a sound (typical system ding). While the Social Club is loading, move the axes of the controllers - the mouse cursor should move - if so, then everything is configured correctly. You can play.

Now about the problems

1. When we quit the game, it freezes with a black screen, such a problem is possible. Just switch with alt-tab to steam and hit "end application". Nothing terrible happened, but the controller settings could get lost, so before the next launch, first launch x360ce (for this we needed a shortcut on the desktop) and again click Save, close, launch the game.

2. If the game crashes at startup. Open the program, in the Game Setting tab, experiment with the XInput Files flags, click Save every time, close the program, start the game - any of the parameters will do. Or it happens if you have configured the Combining incorrectly.

3. As already mentioned above, Axes cannot be assigned to Buttons, and Buttons to Axes - this can be a problem. Since, for example, my control of the yaw of planes on the steering wheel is an axis, and on the xbox's gamepad these are the L1 and R1 buttons (thank God, unlike PS, xbox L2 and R2 have axes - therefore, there are no such problems with thrust). In general, you can forget about analog yaw (all the same, it is not supported by the game) - but how can the axes of our plumbing be made with buttons. This is not difficult, the Xpadder program (http://www.xpadder.com/index.php?lang=russian) will help us. I will not describe how to configure it here - there is nothing difficult there, we only need to assign the keyboard keys "A" and "D" on the yaw axis of our steering wheel, respectively.

And finally. Still, it's worth remembering that gamepad emulation is such a tricky move, and not a conceived and optimized way of setting up by developers, so the control, although it will be very realistic and quite comfortable, is still not ideal - especially if you are fond of serious air or racing simulators.

z
zombijaic 12.03.21

with a wheel in GTA ....
well, it's just ridiculous, go to need for speed!

J
JUnnAmmED 12.03.21

Why bother like that when you can download mountinjoy and start playing right away?

S
ScorcherFS 12.03.21

We are talking about the simultaneous connection of up to 3 of any controllers to the game, and here is mountinjoy (which allows you to connect only original devices from PS and xbox)

m
mister611 12.03.21

Bent into the topic. And why the steering wheel in GTA? A gamepad with a head for all actions in the game, this is not a racing or air sim, but to shoot - always the keyboard at hand. The gamepad with keyboard works perfectly, nothing needs to be configured or disabled, you can even use it at the same time ... where to insert the steering wheel with jos? And what for?

S
ScorcherFS 12.03.21

And you try it first, and then say why - the feeling from the game is completely different - a different level of immersion (and yes, I agree to simulators far, but it's worth a try). For those who played the game on old consoles - this feature (steering wheel + steering wheel) in addition to the first-person view (which is exactly the topic) - makes the game unrecognizable. Especially if you have a big monique, or play on a TV.

J
JUnnAmmED 12.03.21

ScorcherFS
I sit and play with the wheel. Everything is normal. What did I do wrong?

S
ScorcherFS 12.03.21

JUnnAmmED I didn’t say that you cannot play with the wheel through mountinjoy, in fact it’s the same emulator as the x360ce, but it doesn’t allow you to combine devices into one, and it has much less customization options. In general, the article describes everything for what and why you need x360ce.

J
Jensen interceptor 12.03.21

the link is not working (

S
ScorcherFS 12.03.21

not true all links are working

v
vitalik2187836 12.03.21

Guys, can you please tell me how I can adjust the steering wheel of Logitech Momo Racing in order to drive the car normally. I tried to configure it through the x360ce controller emulator, but it didn't work out very well, it was impossible to drive at all, although in GTA 4 I used this particular program.
Ps: I ask only normal people to answer, comments like "googled, nafig need, I don't know, impossible" I ask you not to write, just walk by.

b
bosser2407 12.03.21

vitalik2187836
Google

D
DruGun 12.03.21

vitalik2187836
In recent responses to fan questions, the developers have promised to consider supporting roles and joysticks in the near future. But this is what the official support is about.

R
Rela1s 12.03.21

Well, I understood the fun of the steering wheel in GTA.
It will switch constantly. Rudder / character / rudder / character
To ride for 5 minutes and quit?

Z
Zakerat 12.03.21

Rela1s
Maybe he just wants to ride a car

R
Rela1s 12.03.21

Zakerat
I also speak. Business 5-10 minutes :)

M
M.Valmont 12.03.21

It's a normal question. I would also like to steer the G27 in this game. Sometimes you have to drive 10-15 km, it's so boring to press the keyboard. The steering wheel could be more interesting. ))

_
_DooM_ 12.03.21

Gamepad only, hardcore only.

v
vitalik2187836 12.03.21

Rela1s
Damn, what for in the game TV, golf, tennis, support for gamepads on your computer and other features that rockstar added? Each small invisible feature increases interest in the game, prolongs the time you spend in it. The same goes for the steering wheel. For example, I come home from work and I just want to take a seat in a chair, lean back and drive a car on the highway or in the evening in the city. Keyboard
this is a keyboard, a gamepad is a gamepad. And the steering wheel is a piece of buzz and realism in the game. Therefore, asking why this is necessary is stupid, since this is a completely different atmosphere and different sensations. And even from 10-15 minutes with the wheel you will get much more sensations than from a day playing on a keyboard / gamepad. And in general, I didn’t want to write this type of comments, really people, if you don’t need something, it doesn’t mean that everyone needs to say it. Just walk by.