3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MrWorld 13.03.21 01:40 am

Help me decide on a video card.

Hello everyone. As you all know, the GTX 1070 is coming out soon and I thought to buy it myself, but the fact is that my processor is weak enough for this card (I think so) i5 4460 3.2GHz, I already looked at the tests of such a processor on the GTX 980 TI saw that the percent worked only at 50% of its power and there were sharp drops in fps. this card is ideal for my processor, but everyone already says this card is not needed by anyone and it is better to save up for a new one (although it seems to hold up well in games at maximum speed). But the fact is that in this case I will have to buy a new processor at least i7 and I would like to consult, take a GTX 970 or save up for a new percentage and vidyuhu?
44 Comments
Sort by:
M
MrWorld 13.03.21

bazilews
It's just that they are already talking about it on YouTube, users are writing

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

bazilews
Yes, but I hope that at least 970 skid will be

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

bazilews The percentage
for this card is normal, but it will not pull higher, 8GB RAM motherboard ASUS Z87-K, although the power supply and cooler are crap, then you also need to choose something normal

h
helio 13.03.21

MrWorld wrote: the
percent worked only at 50% of its power,
which means he has a reserve of another 50%) if the vidyuha is 50% then yes does not pull its percent

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

helio
I probably confused GPU and CPU) in general it was clear that the percent does not pull the card. What can you suggest?
bazilews
8 gigs will be possible later, but I think yes, it’s worth taking it with a margin, I’d still think about which one you can buy an inexpensive good cooler for the processor (I now have a dipcool, the temperature is 40 degrees and higher in idle time, or the thermal paste has already dried up in a year, or such a cooler)

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

bazilews
Just watched the video on YouTube

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

bazilews
Well then, think about it yourself) i5 4460 did not pull the GTX 980 so it won’t pull 1070

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

bazilews
see for yourself

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

bazilews
I'm actually talking about the 1070, I have known for a long time that the 970 works great on such a processor, but I thought about buying a 1070 and doubted, because in terms of power it will be at the level of 980Ti, and the GTX 980 TI does not work well with my processor

A
Arti 13.03.21

Of course, the processor is likely to be weak for the 1070, but it may make sense to buy it with a reserve for the future. Maybe your processor will not pull out the card by 100%, but you will still be able to play comfortably in all modern games, but later, when you have the money, you can install the i7 and your system will already be considered "pre-top" and will be relevant for a couple of years to come.

T
TwinFrozr 13.03.21

MrWorld For you, the best option will be to wait for the Radeon RX480, it will go on sale in three weeks. about like GTX980 and you don't have to change the percentage, and the power supply too, the Radeon RX480 is ideal in your case.

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

TwinFrozr
Well, I don’t know, I’ll look at the R7250x right now, either the card is such a fig or a marriage was caught, but the fact is that there is practically no anti-aliasing in games, on the old GeForce9800GT the picture was even better, and the drawing range has deteriorated a lot (I climbed the catalist and the driver took down nothing helped), but thanks for the answer I'll wait then, though users on the internet are somehow skeptical about it.
Arti
Yes, there may simply be strong drops in fps, in the video with GTX 980TI and my processor in GTA 5, fps jumped from 70 and even up to 25, I don’t know what will happen from 1070

M
MunchkiN 616 13.03.21

I somehow distrust the pitch and 5 but judging by the tests, it is relatively pulling everywhere for now. in any case, it does not slow down.
regarding the video card - the opening of the video card depends on the performance of the video card in some resolution to the hypothetical performance of the processor with an infinite video card.
The 970 has long been a low-end gaming solution that allows you to play royally at ultra settings at 1080p without twisting anti-aliasing a lot. shcha her time is running out because she will not have enough memory for the ultras and her performance is not that much. therefore, the card seems to flow into the category of not honorable and low resolution. the rights of the games that will bend it while the ace syndicate GTA5 and a couple of games that will not physically allow the ultra tuners to put it.
there is one more thing - there is rarely a lot of video cards. Those are completely normal that at first the GPU will not be revealed by games. but after some time, progress will catch up with the video card and rest against it. therefore it is a versatile pitch in favor of fast cards.

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.03.21

MrWorld
And in what games did you monitor?

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
GTA 5 I saw quite often

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

MunchkiN 616
As for the cards, this is understandable, but what to do with the processor, mine is unlikely to pull 1070 and most likely will freeze in games

S
SupernaturalLost 13.03.21

Here's a helpful article: https://www.overclockers.ru/lab/75354_4/izuchaem-processorozavisimost-videokarty-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-6144-mbajt-v-igrah.html

h
helio 13.03.21

MrWorld wrote:
I probably confused GPU and CPU) in general, it was clear that the percent does not pull the card. What do you suggest?
the best option is to look after the haswell on the secondary i5 with k and drive it or i7 and drive yours, try to give an announcement with the exchange, sometimes people downgrade, this is if you are planning 2k or 4k, but for fullhd your proc from 970 per eyes is enough, in the schedule for a long time stagnation eats away only high resolution

M
MunchkiN 616 13.03.21

MrWorld,
if freezing will be here for a long time, you do not need to think so and so it means that the processor will be changed and there will be no loss in money.
and if the old one has to be updated somewhere, he will have to come up with the requirements. in other cases, trying to upgrade outdated hardware with inexpensive components is a thankless task.
Computer
Intel Core i5 4460 3.2GHz, MSI GTX 970.8 gb of RAM, motherboard Z87-K
so dc. the second 970 was he going to put it?

T
TwinFrozr 13.03.21

MrWorld For the price that AMD wants for it like the RX480, this is an ideal video card because the price of the GTX 1070 will be more than twice as expensive as the RX480 since the recommended price of the GTX 1070 in the US is $ 449, and the RX480 is $ 199, and the performance of the RX480 will be around the GTX 980 , and 1070 is somewhere like GTX 980TI, only the price that Huang wants for it is very high (since he got drunk on the edge and does not even deny that the prices for his vidyashki are so high because people are ready to pay for them even in spite of the crisis) and our GTX 1070 will sell for over $ 600. And I would not recommend you to take a percentage now, buy a vidyahu and if the FPS sags heavily, then only then think about replacing it and then it's better to buy not now, and wait for the AMD Zen procs that will be released in six months and after looking at the tests and the price for them, decide which 8-core Zen or 4-core from Intel will be better for you. AMD promises an increase of 40% per clock, and if they set the same adequate price for their processes as on the RX480, then an eight-core from AMD will be an ideal option.