3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MrWorld 13.03.21 01:40 am

Help me decide on a video card.

Hello everyone. As you all know, the GTX 1070 is coming out soon and I thought to buy it myself, but the fact is that my processor is weak enough for this card (I think so) i5 4460 3.2GHz, I already looked at the tests of such a processor on the GTX 980 TI saw that the percent worked only at 50% of its power and there were sharp drops in fps. this card is ideal for my processor, but everyone already says this card is not needed by anyone and it is better to save up for a new one (although it seems to hold up well in games at maximum speed). But the fact is that in this case I will have to buy a new processor at least i7 and I would like to consult, take a GTX 970 or save up for a new percentage and vidyuhu?
44 Comments
Sort by:
M
MrWorld 13.03.21

MunchkiN 616
No, I'm going to put a GTX 970 and now I have an R7 250x
TwinFrozr
Ok thanks, then I'd better wait for the RX480 to come out and then I'll decide

M
MrWorld 13.03.21

helio
Yes, I now have a square monitor)) 1280 by 1024. I'm going to buy myself a full hd, well then it seems like 970 and my prots will be enough for him, but if I buy 1070, I will have to update the percentage, and then there will not be enough money

T
TwinFrozr 13.03.21

MrWorld The higher the resolution of the monitor, the more load on the video card, and not on the percentages, this means that you don’t need to change percentages at all, but just take a normal monitor with normal resolution or a TV. For example, we have a 43-inch 4k Ultra HD TV Philips 43PUT4900 / 12 costs only $ 440 and this means that when playing in 4k you can take any video with your own process, even a GTX 1080 and your processor in such a higher resolution will be enough to play without sagging FPS since the main load will fall on the vidyahu, and not on the percent. Such a TV set is quite suitable for films and for games with a reserve for the future, especially since the price for it is $ 440 and you can play on it in any resolution at least Full HD at least 2k or 4k

b
bloomm 13.03.21

Either wait for r480 or look for 970 used for 15-16, which is quite realistic. As for the 3570, the unlocked and ruzdupleny up to 4.2 is quite enough.

S
SupernaturalLost 13.03.21

Processor dependence of the GTX 1070
"Let's start with the GeForce GTX 1070. My goal is not to squeeze all the juice out of the video card, so I allow a slight discrepancy in the number of frames per second when switching from one processor frequency to another. For example, the minimum FPS in the third" Witcher "with using four cores at 3.5 GHz is 74. And at the same frequency, but using eight threads - 78 FPS There is a difference, but it is not critical, it will not affect the comfort of gaming.
GTA V is perhaps the most processor-dependent game of our time! She kind of hints that for "complete happiness" together with the GeForce GTX 1070 you need a "stone" operating at a speed of 4.5 GHz. To turn on V-sync and watch a stable 60fps, for example. However, with Core i5 / i7 processors at a lower frequency, it is also quite playable.
GeForce GTX 1070 requires Intel Quad Core 3.5-4 GHz
Let me state a fact: to unleash the full potential of the GeForce GTX 1070 in Full HD resolution, it is ideal to use a 4 GHz quad-core processor. Intel has chips that work at these speeds out of the box - these are the Core i7-4790K and Core i7-6700K. Everything else is overclocking. But the key word here is “perfect”. In most cases, four cores at 3.5 GHz will suffice (the minimum FPS is close to or higher than 60). Let's take this frequency as a basis. Taking into account the architectural lag, the Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processors will need a higher operating speed: from 4 GHz and higher.

Processor dependence of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 in Full HD

Green color in the table highlights the areas where we see that the potential of the video card is revealed or almost revealed.

What do we end up with? Many will still pick up the GeForce GTX 1070 for Full HD gaming. I judge this by the number of comments in the "Computer of the Month" column, as well as by Steam statistics, which eloquently captures the fact that more than a third of gamers use the 1080p format. For gaming in this resolution, you will need a Core i5 with a frequency of at least 3.5 GHz for all four cores. Ideally, of course, you need a "stone" with the ability to overclock at least up to 4 GHz. "

Source: http://www.ferra.ru/ru/system/review/experiment-cpu-for-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070 -1080 / #. V1lHvedkiUl

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 13.03.21

MrWorld
VOLTA

M

I judge this by the number of comments in the "Computer of the Month" heading, as well as by Steam statistics, which eloquently captures the fact that more than a third of gamers use the 1080p format. Why are you talking about this junk in terms of permission? 1070, which is like a great titan X in performance and you think that real men who buy it will use this bum permission ???? Well, you really are NUB))))) You also tell about 1080 that it is for full hedehi)))))))

M

MrWorld
Deer ??????????????? My old ah pyashka 2500 ka in overclocking in all games before the purchase of the second vidyashka revealed this vidyashka in full power, and when he put the second vidyahu he slipped into the bottom, but he coped with the first, as you are with the hundredth woman. Don't be bullshit, lol)))

k
kick. 13.03.21

and why vabshche vidiakarta need current money to spend

M

kick.
I think you are right. Why spend money on this blasphemy at all, when you can go to church with impotent people and sing hymns and have nothing to spend money on))))))))))))

M

helio
Smart! They are there for 9-11 people. Why not for him. The kits are too expensive now.

M

bloomm
Plus +++

S
SupernaturalLost 13.03.21

Primal Myshyvur wrote:
Why are you talking about this old thing in terms of resolution?
This was not said by me, but by the author of the article http://www.ferra.ru/ru/system/review/experiment-cpu-for-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-1080/#.V1lldOdkiUm and next time before , to assert something, read the comments carefully.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.03.21

Primal Mouseyvur
1070, which is like a great titan xx in performance and you think that real men who buy it will use this bum permission ???? Well, you really are NUB))))) Tell me about 1080
yes easily. I attached 690 zhifors to the 1600x1200 monitor and it was the coolest card. on that moment. and I would play happily ever after if she had more memory. maximum gromphones. maximum anti-aliasing over ultra fashion and grafonotviki. but in full h it is no longer very powerful, it becomes a little and weak. but I can’t say anything about the single chip. therefore, baking baking for 60fps with full cd, it is always important to have 2 top cards according to baking experience. In this case, already 1080. The only thing that can only come is 4k. while 4k formally you need 4 video cards. plus I don't know how demanding the games will be in the future. so it may be that a single chip will be enough for an ultra-full full cd, it will be like 1600x900.

M

MunchkiN 616
Now for the bakery, do you propose to set two at 1080 and set the resolution to 1600 by 900 so that the pitch does not bend? Ha, well, you're a joker))) Not every bakery owner will follow your advice! As a real fireman, he will not humiliate his bakery when that kind of money is at stake, and even more so, the stove can survive much longer !!! My plant allows setting the resolution of 2880 to 1620, but not more, for example, terrible 4k, because there will be 39-47 fps, which is a full brake for a locomotive, and from 60 tons or more (that is, 2880 at 1620)

M

MunchkiN 616 Are
you saying that you have four vidyashnosti on the 690th ???? What is your power supply unit to fire up such nuclear power? Why are you printing money to afford such a super computer? With such a pitch-factory for 6-7 years to play without a brake on ultra-duper grafonium !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M
MunchkiN 616 13.03.21

Primary Myshivur
two for low vision I do not advise. for full chd - maybe, but I don't know how relevant the assembly will be. most likely the hypothetical 1080 will completely cover this resolution and cover all games for 1 generation of cards in front. Or maybe not.
as if one x80 level card for one generation basically works. but that means buying cards once a year.
in 2012, I just thought that 1 chip for a full cd would simply not be enough physically. recall for example farkray 3 which on one 690 chip produced about 20fps on my 1600x1200. to the same ac4 where I managed to get rid of the influence of the processor and still drop 690 to 30fps in full chd. in my resolution this in this game is a multiple of 1600x900 on one chip at msaa x8 it was hardly 20-30fps. modern games are less demanding but eat roughly the same amount in current resolutions.
right now, this performance qualification is lower. even earlier, in 1080p, only spreading multi-GPU systems could already have more than 2 GPUs.
going back to 4k in the last generation so that it somehow pulled it. as much as possible without anti-aliasing, of course. a 4gpu system was required. shcha it will already fit into 2gpu shopping mall conventionally a card 2 times faster, but all this without a safety margin for the next generation of video cards.
and the school full chd will gradually move into a niche resolution because the games will be more or less sharpened under 4k on one or two video cards. therefore any feces will cope with low resolution.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.03.21

Primal Mouseyvur
I have one 690. This is 2 680 on one board. those maximum can be supplied 2 690 and connected by a bridge if. will be 4gpu.
Earlier, I had plans to use a 4HPU system, though with double radeons, so I had a feeder for 1500W, but this pitch was not destined to bake.
schA just everything on the old 750 wadded which was lying while the 1500 wadded computer was working.

M

And the school full chd Yes, this permissiveness of the kalostropender mefia has long gone into the second round of the kindergarten creativity of the preparatory group two or three years ago! 4k the high cost is still the same, not every male can handle it, if there is some yarik major or an alfonchik with an iPhone. But soon large screen resolutions will become fashionable for pitch-quality garny, and then the real era of pitch-gameng will begin and it will no longer be necessary to have four 1080 tish-figs, therefore, with ordinary pitch, igruhi will go, and will not be tough serukhs with low fps-themselves from ultra graphonium

M

MunchkiN 616
Look at the flea market, the people of Tishka are selling the 980s for deshman !!!!!!!!!!!! If there is a desire, you can zagzalit and protsik so that the oki-docks cope with powerful vidyahs, but then for the bakery you will have to get hold of a feed block that is not deshman