3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vnlmeo 05.04.21 10:08 pm

FPS drawdowns in densely populated areas (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Good day. Recently I decided to download and play The Witcher, but I ran into a problem that greatly interferes with the calm passage of this masterpiece. The essence of this problem lies in the fact that there are drawdowns of the FPS in densely populated areas (Novigrad, village, etc.). System characteristics will be lower. At high graphics settings, my PC outputs: 40-50 fps, but as soon as I approach a city or a village, the fps drops to 15-20 fps, and lowering or increasing the graphics does not help to fix this in any way. During the game, the video card is always loaded + - by 90-100% (temperature 65), and the processor by 15-20%. I've tried changing the power supply to the processor, changing the power scheme (balanced to high), cleaning the PC, cleaning the registry, and much more. None of the above helped. I would be grateful if you can help.

HDD
Game version: 1.31 (no mods)
66 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 05.04.21

there is every opinion that the video card does not pull the game. if the game slows down and the card yells 100%, it is necessary to set the lowest resolution 720p without changing the settings. if a miracle happens to the video card, if nothing else changes.
or the game does not adequately perceive the processor.
or what kind of viruses, lack of RAM, RAM costs one module m and the processor overloads it and other considerations.

v
vnlmeo 05.04.21

MunchkiN 616
1) rx 560 is not the best card for this game, but if you mess with the graphics, you can achieve normal FPS and beautiful graphics, so it seems to me that the option with vidyuha disappears.
2) I watched the video review on YouTube with the same PC config as mine, and it did not lag, so the option with the processor also disappears (probably).
3) There are no viruses
4) I have 2 identical RAM dies, so the option with one module disappears.
5) The processor is not overloaded or overloaded. He practically never worked at full capacity, since the card takes on the main load. (In games)
I'll try to check the RAM in the near future, just in case.
Thanks for the BloodTrail options

S
SonyK_2 05.04.21

vnlmeo
vnlmeo wrote:
... FPS drawdowns occur in densely populated areas (Novigrad, village, etc.) ... as soon as I approach a city or a village, the FPS goes down ... and lowering or raising the graphics does not help in any way .. ...
A typical situation is when the performance is limited by the processor. In places where there are more objects in games, there is an increased load on the processor (physics calculation, etc.) - if it does not have time to transfer data for rendering frames by a video card (performance "rested" on it), lowering the graphics settings may not help. Usually, this also reduces the load on the video card - it is loaded not completely, but less (by half, a third, etc.). Try to record video with monitoring loads during the game on the screen (MSI Afterburner, etc.) and put it here, for example, like here:
Spoilerhttps: //forums.playground.ru/witcher_2_assassins_of_kings/tech/proklyate_25_kadra-1000382/#comment-19009359

N
Neon abyss 05.04.21

SonyK_2
Are you serious now? Does he have a 2 2 court duo? Or a game from 2007? He has a fucking 8/16 Reisen 7, what is the emphasis in percent lol? This cannot be in any of the universes, and in absolutely any game. Even if he had a dead FX, which is already 9 years old, he would have provided him with 50-60 in The Witcher 3.

N
Neon abyss 05.04.21

vnlmeo
Do you have a bios in stock? Have you tried to drive ozu? If you don't fumble about it, then go to the BIOS and in the overclocking tab, and using the convenient "Memory try it" thing, select the memory frequency of at least 3000 MHz. You won't even have to raise the tension. Even if you don’t understand, I’ll help you with this. Anything, but to sit on the drain of the memory frequency on Reisen is blasphemy. Even if this is not the problem, but in any case, you lose the lion's share of FPS, sitting in a stupid memory drain. Only this low-level memory overclocking will give a tangible boost.
ps Do you have this behavior only in The Witcher? Still testing games?

v
vnlmeo 05.04.21

Neon Abyss
Hi. Yes, BIOS is in stock. I did not try to drive RAM, because I am afraid to burn everything, fuck) I have amd r744g2606u1s RAM (the characteristics will be lower). When increasing to 3000 MHz, it will definitely be unnecessary to raise the voltage or change the timings? I have never been particularly interested in overclocking any PC components, because, as I indicated above, I am afraid to get myself into trouble.
A slightly similar situation was with Fallout 4, but everything is not so simple here, since Folich is happy with poor optimization, which later makes itself felt.

v
vnlmeo 05.04.21

SonyK_2
I will make a video, but I doubt that the processor is to blame for this.

N
Neon abyss 05.04.21

vnlmeo
Listen. Burn? This is complete nonsense. This is not how it works. If you adhere to clear VOLTAGE values, when overclocking something, nothing threatens you. I'll tell you more, an absolutely safe spike on RAM 1.38 is 24/7. With this tension, you can drive the memory to any frequencies available to it without fear of burning anything. But since we started talking about not touching the default voltage values, then be sure to go into BIOS and use the Memory Tray IT thing! set the frequency to 3000 MHz, save the changes with the f10 key and rejoice and you will not cause any trouble. Understand, sitting at the factory frequency of Ozu, you lose a lot, both in the maximum FPS value, and in rare and very rare events. This is how the Reisens are arranged, they directly depend on the memory frequency, if available explaining. You can go to YouTube and see the comparison between stock frequencies and overclocking, you will like it) You need it anyway. If you want to easily help you with this, write in a personal or I can give you a disc. I myself have a percentage of Reisen, the current is a bit different.

N
Neon abyss 05.04.21

vnlmeo
Yes of course the percent has nothing to do with it. But in any case, seeing with your own eyes the indicators of temperatures, frequencies and other things during the game will greatly help, or will ease your thoughts. Then he suggested correctly. But it was foolish to blame the performance of the processor itself, because for him any game will not be an obstacle, he is not 15 years old, and the game parallelizes 16 threads without problems

v
vnlmeo 05.04.21

Neon Abyss
I understand that the RAM overclocking give some rooted in performance, I'm just one of those people who can not climb to where they are badly informed) A few minutes ago I was better acquainted with the topic of overclocking, and I realized that I was too exaggerated this topic )
A little later I will increase the frequency and write here about the results of this procedure. Thanks for the offer, but I will try to figure it out myself, especially since there is nothing difficult about it)

v
vnlmeo 05.04.21

Neon Abyss
Closer to the evening I'll upload a video.

N
Neon abyss 05.04.21

vnlmeo
Ok, I'll wait) For it is very interesting myself) And even better, you can download the dram calculator for Ryzen program and not only raise the frequency but also shrink the primary timings. The program itself will calculate the values ​​according to your requests
p.s. I'm glad by the way that you decided to do this) You can sit out whole nights, picking up all sorts of values) And seeing how your 28fps turns into 228

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.04.21

vnlmeo
The Witcher 3 has a graphical option "NUMBER OF CHARACTERS". Set it to the average value, and the load on the percentage will decrease, and the graphics will not be affected

N
Neon abyss 05.04.21

Denis Kyokushin
He has 1700 wreisen

K
Kryogen 05.04.21

Your computer simply does not pull, the point here is something to guess, everything is already clear

N
Neon abyss 05.04.21

Kryogen
Em. Is that what you have? Just for a second, if you think that RISEN 1700 DOES NOT pull The Witcher 3
FX is his mother, dead FX will take out the Witcher 3 at ultras, and you mean the modern percent ... About memory, I wrote that let him drive. And why should I write all this, if I'm already rummaging around. But these rofly about the fact that Reisen 1700 is weak for the Witcher, I just do not redeem. I understand vidyuha fierce plug with him. But his percent will not have problems with any game today. And what does 3500x have to do with it? Of course, architecturally it is better, because it came out later on Zen2 lol, but this does not make a pumpkin out of 1700. God ...... Even i3 10100f or 3100 will pull the Witcher and other games to the izi, and you're talking about 1700 rofly. I only made a remark about memory. And you generally write frank nonsense (WITHOUT NEGATIVE). I'm sure if it drives the memory at least up to 3000, then the troubles will disappear, the focus is in the IF and the frequency of the RAM

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.04.21

Neon Abyss
I have a Ryzen 5 1500X:

N
Neon abyss 05.04.21

Denis Kyokushin
Now, you have great gameplay and framerate. And there the people about 1700 fizzle out.
I just have one question for you: 1.39 is a spree on the ozu, right? It turns out 1.39 at 3000MHz, isn't it too much? Did you twist the secondary or what? At 3000 on default, 99% will start

v
vnlmeo 05.04.21

Overclocked RAM up to 3000MHz. The PC began to work a little faster, but this did not solve the problem with the FPS sagging. The FPS also sags in the city / village, but as soon as you start to move a couple of meters away from the village, the FPS quickly recovers to adequate levels.
Denis Kyokushin
1) This function is of low priority

VOVAN WOLFovich
It is clear that the 3600 will be better than the 1700, but not everyone can buy a processor for 16k. 1700 was bought for financial capabilities and with a backlog of further PC upgrades. But a funny story is that a person with a similar PC configuration like mine does not lag in densely populated areas and everything goes + - smoothly

M
MunchkiN 616 05.04.21

VOVAN WOLFovich wrote:
Neon Abyss wrote:
FX is his mother, dead FX will take the Witcher 3 to ultras
Yes, to death with overclocked RAM and a processor with buses.
The Witcher 3 is not a very processor-dependent game.
I played in v3 on ultras without dls on fx 6100 3.7 or 3.8 Hz NT 2600 and 16GB 1333 MHz memory, I did not observe drawdowns below 30 fps on the processor. in Novograd, the CPU sits down and it is difficult to understand the emphasis in percent or in the map.
but sat down to imagine that 1700x sits down to 15-20 fps - this is clearly some kind of game. you can generally try to overclock it on a hooper transport or some kind of analog, blocking the frequency. but most likely the reason is clearly something else.
but I like that more inclined to the video card means. the case may be somewhere in shadovmaping with an increase in cpu requests of objects.