3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vnlmeo 05.04.21 10:08 pm

FPS drawdowns in densely populated areas (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Good day. Recently I decided to download and play The Witcher, but I ran into a problem that greatly interferes with the calm passage of this masterpiece. The essence of this problem lies in the fact that there are drawdowns of the FPS in densely populated areas (Novigrad, village, etc.). System characteristics will be lower. At high graphics settings, my PC outputs: 40-50 fps, but as soon as I approach a city or a village, the fps drops to 15-20 fps, and lowering or increasing the graphics does not help to fix this in any way. During the game, the video card is always loaded + - by 90-100% (temperature 65), and the processor by 15-20%. I've tried changing the power supply to the processor, changing the power scheme (balanced to high), cleaning the PC, cleaning the registry, and much more. None of the above helped. I would be grateful if you can help.

HDD
Game version: 1.31 (no mods)
66 Comments
Sort by:
T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

vnlmeo
If the BIOS does not have this parameter, try to update the BIOS firmware to the latest, precision boost may appear and many other functions I checked myself if that

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
I have the latest BIOS version

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

Denis Kyokushin

(PS screen recording ate a couple of frames)

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

vnlmeo
precision boost if something is in the same place as core perfomance bost

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

vnlmeo
Put them on the car because your video does not have the maximum processor frequency if there is no precision boost, then at least turn on core perfomace bost

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Now I am doing a stress test on the PC, but as it passes I will check again whether there is a boost or not. In general, A320 does not support overclocking the processor, so most likely I do not have this function.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

vnlmeo
Well, it's not like overclocking, but the maximum frequency that it gives out in the stock, you should have it 3800 and on the video 3500

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

vnlmeo
Here the brow has the same percentage only without x, and the vidyuha is the same, only there are more operas and everything works fine, smt is disabled

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

There is
no Tekeshi_Tetsuo precision boost, but there is a core performance boost.
Core performance boost - enabled (AUTO)

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

vnlmeo
And just try to turn it on not on auto

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
No option to enable, only AUTO and DISABLE

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

The PC passed the "Power" stress test normally, there were no errors or other nonsense.

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
On Biostar X370 Racing GT5, the processor can be overclocked, therefore either it overclocked the percentage, or it has the precision boost function

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

vnlmeo
In general, even with your frequency, this should not happen, because on my last computer with the i7 3770 in the stock everything was fine and this percentage is weaker than yours, since there are half the cores

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Hmm, this is all strange.
Recently, I began to sin on the video card, maybe she is the culprit of all this)

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

I have now turned off the precision boost and Core performance boost at 2700x, since I have enough stock frequencies and everything works fine, there is nothing freezing does not lag

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

vnlmeo
And in other games, how are things

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
The rest are fine.
There were slightly similar moments in Fallout 4, but this is all due to poor optimization of the game itself, at least I think so.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 12.04.21

vnlmeo
And Venda and the game itself reinstalled, otherwise if everything is fine in other games, then the matter is in the game itself, and yes, fallout 4 is a freesanted game.

I
IngwardIn 12.04.21

vnlmeo Are
there any other demanding projects played on this PC?

I still think that the problem is in the power supply unit, especially since you have a cheap meme aerocool. He has neither protections nor certificates and, as a rule, cannot give out the declared power at full load and, in general, they never differed in good quality of the PSU.
And perhaps there are drawdowns along the 12-volt line at the peak of the load on the video card.
During the stress test, all this could be monitored, and you can also see it in the activated Aida. It would be nice if there was an opportunity to test the performance on another power supply unit.

You can do a lot: turn off disk caching, play with the swap file, reinstall the video card drivers, configure them, clean the pcie contacts of the video card with an eraser, pull out and insert the wires, turn off telemetry in win10.
Regarding the processor boost ... you can try to change the values ​​of the minimum state of the processor and the maximum in the power circuit, but I'm not sure if this will somehow help in boosting it.