3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vnlmeo 05.04.21 10:08 pm

FPS drawdowns in densely populated areas (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Good day. Recently I decided to download and play The Witcher, but I ran into a problem that greatly interferes with the calm passage of this masterpiece. The essence of this problem lies in the fact that there are drawdowns of the FPS in densely populated areas (Novigrad, village, etc.). System characteristics will be lower. At high graphics settings, my PC outputs: 40-50 fps, but as soon as I approach a city or a village, the fps drops to 15-20 fps, and lowering or increasing the graphics does not help to fix this in any way. During the game, the video card is always loaded + - by 90-100% (temperature 65), and the processor by 15-20%. I've tried changing the power supply to the processor, changing the power scheme (balanced to high), cleaning the PC, cleaning the registry, and much more. None of the above helped. I would be grateful if you can help.

HDD
Game version: 1.31 (no mods)
66 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 12.04.21

vnlmeo
Fuck, I'm shocked by such poor performance.

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

IngwardIn
I don't play much, but the most recent demanding games were: Injustice 2 and Life Is Strange 2
With Injustice 2, a pretty funny story happened. At medium graphics settings, the FPS counter gave out 30-45, and at high graphics settings, 60. Apparently because of the bad hacking of the game.
A little later I'll do the stress test again and take a closer look at the 12v lines.

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

Conducted a stress test and found this:
Not in play (stress test) - min. values ​​to which the voltage dropped (12V line) - 11.903 and 11.880
In the game (without stress test) - min. the values ​​to which the voltage dropped (12V line) - 12.038 and 11.990
Who knows why, when the monitoring of the 12V line voltage in msi afterburner is turned on, nothing is displayed in the game?

I
IngwardIn 12.04.21

vnlmeo
I am incompetent in this matter. But as far as I know, drawdowns are acceptable.
On a good level, it is necessary to measure with special equipment.

In this case, in order to establish a malfunction or eliminate the problem of the power supply unit with a home, lamer method, you need to ask a friend, friend, power supply unit and test the hardware. If the problem goes away, then the power supply unit is decrepit, or in the SC for service or replacement.

If it is not possible to test on another power supply unit, then it remains to try all of the above methods, up to reinstalling Windows.

v
vnlmeo 12.04.21

IngwardIn Disabled caching
, played with the paging file, turned off telemetry - nothing has helped yet. Later I will check the contacts for pit vidyuhi, and think about what can be done with the power supply unit.

S
SonyK_2 12.04.21

vnlmeo
vnlmeo wrote:
.... why when I turn on the monitoring of the 12V line voltage in msi afterburner, nothing is displayed in the game?
If I didn’t forget to display it in the EDM ...
Spoiler
... there may be an error in the program. On my version 4.6.3.16053, the voltage limit in "digital" form does not want to be shown in the overlay - only when the graph is turned on. I can't check the straining along the 12 V line - there is no such item, apparently due to the old age of the vidyuhi. You can also look at another program. Before starting the game, launch any one that can display voltages, during the game, switch to it and see what it shows.
Spoiler