3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GO-GO-GeForce 09.05.21 08:14 pm

Optimization (Resident Evil: Village)

The optimization in the game is truly awesome! Knowing what terrible optimization aaa games have, especially at the start, I was really surprised at such a high FPS in the game. Even the previous parts could not boast of such excellent performance. In general, five out of five points!)
59 Comments
Sort by:
G
GO-GO-GeForce 09.05.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
You can safely cut down the tracing. This is a horror, not a shooter. It is dark everywhere and as such there are few reflections. And thereby you will save FPS. By the way, it looks fine even in Cyberbook. But after about ten minutes you forget about her.

a
anotoleololo 09.05.21

GO-GO-GeForce wrote:
You can safely cut the tracing. This is a horror, not a shooter. It is dark everywhere and as such there are few reflections. And thereby you will save FPS. By the way, it looks fine even in Cyberbook. But after about ten minutes you forget about her.
beams primarily to properly shade the reflection of scattered light from surfaces. in horror movies, shading plays a big role.

G
GO-GO-GeForce 09.05.21

anotoleololo
I didn't really notice. For example, in dogs 3, they look even better than in Resident, where everything is dark.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 09.05.21

GO-GO-GeForce
It still does not greatly affect performance, so let it be, I have vertical sync enabled, there are stable 60fps, and the darkness is done not by tracing, but by the color space, if it is very languid then use sRGB.

a
anotoleololo 09.05.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
then immediately unscrew the brightness to 0, or even better, turn off the monitor. the atmosphere will be + 100000%

S
Sergei100 09.05.21

Kokoprime1991
Yes, where the bugger with flies attacks, fps sags a lot, twisted the graph to a minimum, even the minimum resolution did not help, everything also did not help up to 25 fps as well as on ultra settings !!! I think this is optimization, patches will fix it;)))

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 09.05.21

anotoleololo
Tracing does not make anything dark, lighting and shadows become more realistic, but the color space makes the picture lighter or darker, the algorithm is frozen in the parameters, and I saw the tracing live, and you just don't know how it is works once you write this.

S
Sleepy Bot 09.05.21

Dimast1941
Yes, he just pontanulsya a computer that's all.

I
IlovePS4 09.05.21

Optimization is the bottom, the game is not stable, at the very beginning, when you get to the village and go to the house, then the fps is at ultra settings 60-75 (the fps is locked under the hertz of the monitor), but when I look at the soup, and Eaton says that something about people, then the FPS drops to 17-20, and does not rise above, I restart the game and I reach this very place. I ignore the pan, go on the cutscene with the dude, start playing among the corpses - the fps drops to 7-10, so CONSTANTLY, the last firewood, the codecs were always there, directPlayt was activated before for max Payne 1. What should I do xs, in short, I refund, if that buy a game at a discount. Launched on the system that is in the profile.

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.05.21

I still have a problem with cooling on the RX588, I couldn’t resist, downloaded the demo and ran it on the 7950. When entering the hall, the FPS drops, but if the frame rate is changed to a variable, it will take off again. Without RTX it is very dark.
Spoiler

D
Danny Lamb 09.05.21

The optimization is terrible. All cutscenes have fps drops. The Duke-seller appears on the street and immediately minus 20fps. So I was running in the castle, a scene with a giantess and immediately minus 10fps. How can there be drawdowns in the scene where she just talks and wanders in front of Ethan? There are not even flying insects. What's under the hood of the game?

But the slowest movement begins when beetles appear when women appear. Minus 15-20fps in light.

A
AlekseiP 24.05.21

Hello everyone, I don't know why you have any problems with the game, most likely because of your hardware, because of the game it can't be, or in the graphics settings see what to change, what to raise or lower the option. I have a license, I ordered it before in the incentive. I'm not complaining about how the game is going on my hardware. I play at 2k resolution, at ultra-maximum graphics settings with ray tracing, fps from 65 to 100, sometimes higher, depending on the location. There were no drawdowns below 60, no lags, freezes, no crashes, everything goes well and smoothly. Regarding optimization, optimization is great. Here is my config, intel core i7-10700KF processor 8 cores, 16 threads.
Z490 motherboard AORUS ULTRA
cooler Gammaxx S40
graphics card nvidia geforce rtx 2080ti

power supply case psu atx2. 31 750w g750h gigabyte
RAM Crucial Ballistix 32 GB kit (16 x 2) frequency 3200 mhz
ssd m.2 2280 500gb 960 evo mz-v6e500bw samsung
monitor asus tuf gaming vg27aq 2k 165hz

d
diablomaxpain 24.05.21

AlekseiP
Well, you know, dude, firstly, not everyone can afford to buy such a video card at this time, and secondly, why then did the developers put 1070 for the recommended gtx 1070 without rays if this does not correspond to this, it turns out that everyone was developed roughly.

G
GO-GO-GeForce 24.05.21

AlekseiP
I also cannot understand why people complain about optimization so much. There is nothing to slow down, the previous parts were much more demanding. This is part of God's blessing. I decided to climb on YouTube and look there, maybe you never know where the jambs were found, but as a result I did not find anything. The renewed metro is ten times more demanding. Fortunately, a new version of DLSS has appeared there, without it there would have been the end of the world. And here, in comparison with the metro, the rays take much, much less fps.

M
Masky76 24.05.21

AlekseiP
I will say more about the sand bridge / ancient iron / more than one departure the game passed to the end. The drawdowns were hard only with witch flies .... and everything is fine.

V
Vidokprime 24.05.21

The first time I saw such unclear designations in the parameters of the game.

Just like others, there are strange friezes that come suddenly and do not disappear without restarting.
+ After each start of the computer, it starts in windowed mode, if you run it during the day, then everything is fine.

It seems that the memory of the video card is "full" due to the fact that the "cache" was not reset in time.

N
Naughty_Kamikaze 24.05.21

Yes, when memory overflows and soap textures are loaded,
you need to do something explicitly with the game

S
SkrepcheZaVR 24.05.21

On the 1660S, everything is played smoothly, no friezes or drops of FPS in the castle with the sisters. In the village from 80 fps. The only thing after 4 hours of the game can drop FPS to 30. I am going to restart.
On textures .. On full xd I twisted the counter in 9 gig, there were no problems, everything is fine. Only a little more RAM eats. Game on SSD.

D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.21

GO-GO-GeForce
This RTX game has one name, it is needed to make the game a little lighter.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 24.05.21

Denis Kyokushin
It does not make the game lighter or darker, it makes shadow lighting and reflection more natural, where it will be darker or brighter, depending on how the light is refracted.